Gala Dinner at Christiansborg Palace

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need a live streaming link for DR or TV2 in Copenhagen.

TV2 has a live blog here:

http://programmer.tv2.dk/tillykke-margrethe/2015-04-15-gallamiddag-for-dronningen-stil-dit-spoergsmaal-her

but we still need to find live streaming

DR1.dk

Follow the Queen's birthday - also from abroad

"Simply enter dr.dk where DR1 signal will be streamed live."

https://www.dr.dk/tv/live/dr1

Wednesday: Gala Dinner

• Gala Dinner for the entire official Denmark
  • Follow on dr.dk and DR1 pm. 19 to 22.10

Thursday: Birthday

• The day offers - among other things - on the wake, balcony waving and celebration dinner
  • Follow on dr.dk and DR1 pm. 8:15 to 21:00 - interrupted only by TV newspaper pm. 18:30

Commentator Anna von Lowzow just said on TV2 that at a dinner such as this, the Royal Family members do not sit together, so the Prince Consort's absence will not affect the Queen when it comes to the seating plan.

There is some discussion about who will accompany the Queen to Christiansborg Palace tonight, and whether it will be the Crown Prince. Anna von Lowzow replied that the Queen is likely to be accompanied by an adjutant.

The TV2 panel are answering viewers questions. Someone just asked if foreign royalty will be attending tonight's dinner.

The answer was yes.

That addresses our earlier question, ayvee.

Yes I checked their agenda. Netherlands are expected tonight, and Luxembourg too.

So as far we we have been able to discover from various royal calendars we can expect royal guests from Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Spain.

The King of Norway has arrived in Denmark. Queen Sonja of Norway can't make it. She is in New York.

Designer Jesper Høvring is on the TV2 panel. He was asked how many dresses he has made for tonight.

His answer is that it is his habit never to talk about the dresses his team have made for their clients. It is for the clients to decide whether they want to tell.

The DR1 link is now available

https://www.dr.dk/tv/live/dr1#!/

Nice to see Christian Eugen Olsen!

All the royal guests staying at Fredensborg just left in the bus. The King and Queen of Spain are staying in Copenhagen.

CP Frederik is, in PH's absence, the one responsible for the welcome speech.

Any idea why the Spanish King and Queen aren't staying with the rest of the guests? How far is Copenhagen to

Christiansborg Palace?

Actually Christiansborg Palace is in the inner city of Copenhagen. Fredensborg Palace is the one in the countryside, and yes, it is about half an hour drive from CPH.

Live blog from TV2:

http://programmer.tv2.dk/tillykke-margrethe/2015-04-15-derfor-kommer-dronning-elizabeth-ikke-til-margrethes-foedselsdag

Probably Denmark has the prettiest Prime Minister :smilie_flagge14:

Queen Silvia in peach gown and sapphire tiara, I think.
Maxima in black with jet beading and a diamond diadem/bandeau.

Mathilde in hot pink.
Letizia in a straightish tiered dress, white with black design, worn with an upright tiara I have not seen before.

Queen Anne-Marie in emeralds and a muted dove-grey toned dress with lace overlayer.

King Constantine looking lovely and taking his time with the press.
Princess Benedikte in flowing pink, with her fringe tiara.

Princess Marie in dark blue skirt and top with lace sleeves and floral tiara.
Mary looking happy and relaxed, wearing the dress she wore in the Netherlands on the eve of the new king's investiture 2 years ago. SEE HERE Teamed with the rubies lying flatter on her head and the ruby brooches at the back of her hair.

Frederik looking his best in his special navy gala uniform.
Queen Margrethe in bright red gown with asymmetrical neckline and matching handbag. I can't quite see which tiara she is wearing

and Princess Elisabeth is wearing her sapphires and a dark blue gown.

I managed to see the DR1 Live broadcast. Thanks mls for providing the link.

Queen Letizia is wearing the fleur-de-lys tiara that King Felipe gave her. Very nice to see it for the first time!

Queen Margrethe looked so lovely in her new gown.

I managed to see the DR1 Live broadcast. Thanks mls for providing the link.

Queen Letizia is wearing the fleur-de-lys tiara that King Felipe gave her. Very nice to see it for the first time!

You're welcome.

Sorry, but I thought the tiara looked a bit childish... :hide2:

Archived