DRF at Rio Olympics 2016 - Pre visit news

mls

According to an article in BB/Dansk Golf magazine, CPF & CPM will both

attend the opening ceremony at the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro 5th August.

http://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/kronprinsesse-mary-og-kronprins-frederik-tager-til-ol-i-brasilien

"Crown Prince Frederik, who is a member of the International Olympic Committee IOC, is looking forward

to the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro in Brazil. The event begins on August 5th with a grand opening ceremony.

In Brazil he will, among other things due to the Danish athletes struggle to get on the podium. The Crown Prince will be joined by Crown Princess Mary in Rio de Janeiro, he tells in an interview with the magazine Danish Golf."

• 3 weeks later...

31. juli

Kronprinsen deltager i aktiviteter i forbindelse med De Olympiske Lege i Rio de Janeiro, Brasilien,

i perioden 31. juli - 21. august

31. juli

Kronprinsessen deltager i aktiviteter i forbindelse med De Olympiske Lege i Rio de Janeiro, Brasilien,

i perioden 31. juli - 6. august.

http://kongehuset.dk/en/news/olympic-games-in-rio

"Olympic Games in Rio

TRH The Crown Prince and The Crown Princess and TRH Prince Joachim and Princess Marie will be present at the 2016 Olympic Games in Brazil at varying times to, among other things, watch the performances of the Danish athletes.

The Olympic Games will be held from 5 August until 21 August 2016.

The Crown Prince Couple and Prince Joachim and Princess Marie will participate in the opening of the Danish Pavilion on 2 August and in a gala dinner on the training ship DANMARK on 3 August. On Friday, 5 August, the Crown Prince Couple and Prince Joachim and Princess Marie attend the opening ceremony at the Olympic Stadium.

The Crown Prince Couple’s programme

The Crown Prince Couple will participate in the IOC President’s dinner on Thursday, 4 August.

In his capacity as a member of the International Olympic Committee, The Crown Prince will also take part in a number of activities with the committee, including the IOC’s general meeting (Session) from 2 – 5 August. On Saturday, 13 August, The Crown Prince takes part in the official Danish Rio 2016 reception, in which Olympic athletes will participate, among others. The Crown Prince participates in a luncheon in the Danish Pavilion on Monday, 15 August, in connection with Danish Sustainability Days during the Olympic Games in Rio.

The Crown Princess takes part in the Institute for Child Development’s official arrangement on 3 August.

Prince Joachim’s and Princess Marie’s programme

Prince Joachim and Princess Marie take part in a luncheon on 29 July on the occasion of the 125th anniversary of the Scandinavian Club “Nordlyset” and in a gala dinner on the occasion of the 70th anniversary of the Danish-Brazilian Chamber of Commerce in São Paulo.

On Thursday, 4 August, Prince Joachim and Princess Marie participate as guests of honour at a concert by Danmarks Radio’s Danish National Girls’ Choir, and they will attend various sports competitions from 5 – 8 August.

The royal family’s presence at the Olympic Games

• HRH The Crown Prince is present from 31 July – 21 August.
  • HRH The Crown Princess is present from 31 July – 6 August.
  • TRH Prince Joachim and Princess Marie are present from 29 July – 8 August."

The Crown Prince Couple and Prince Joachim and Princess Marie participateTuesday, August 2 in the opening of the Danish pavilion.

UM.dk:

Denmark in the Rio 2016 Olympic Games

Denmark greets guests on Ipanema Beach with über-chic designer pavilion during the Rio 2016 Olympic Games

DI.dk/Confederation of Danish Industry:

Danish Sustainability Days at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio

"15 August 2016 - Official Forum

Introduction to Denmark in a historical and contemporary context.

Lunch and networking reception with participation by HRH Crown Prince Frederik, the Danish Minister for Foreign Affairs, the Danish Minister for Business and Growth, invited athletes from Denmark's Olympic delegation, and many more."

• 2 weeks later...

2. august

Kronprinsparret og D.K.H. Prins Joachim og Prinsesse Marie deltager i åbningen af Den Danske Pavillon.

Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brasilien, kl. 11.00

http://www.visitdenmark.com/denmark/2-august-2016-danish-pavilion

"10.30am - 1pm: Official opening of the Danish Pavilion

H.R.H. the Crown Prince of Denmark will inaugurate the Danish Pavilion. H.R.H. the Crown Princess,

Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and their four children will also be participating."

"and their four children" ?

I guess they mean Joachim's 4? Didn't Frederik say in some interview that his kids are not going?

Personally, I don't understand why children should attend official events like this one. Ok, Nicolai perhaps,

as he is almost 18 (I think), but not the younger ones.

Royal kids attending the odd suitable, age-appropriate event from time to time, but events

like this one, not.

"Summer greetings from Igaçu Falls in Brazil - on the way to the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. TRH Prince Joachim and Princess Marie, with Their Highnesses Prince Nikolai, Prince, Prince Felix, Prince Henrik and Princess Athena, have just visited the falls, located on the border between Brazil and Argentina":

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIhUMLugifv/

Archived