UN General Assembly - Programme & general news

gudinde

19.-21. SEPTEMBER 2016
H.K.H. Kronprinsessen deltager i UNGA (United Nations' General Assembly) i New York den 19. – 21. september.

19-21 September 2016
HRH The Crown Princess participates in the UNGA (United Nations General Assembly) in New York on 19 to 21 September.

http://www.un.org/en/ga/

Programme for the visit

http://kongehuset.dk/nyheder/program-for-fns-generalforsamling-i-new-york

Monday, 19 September

Women Deliver reception
Kl. 19:00
The Crown Princess speaks at the Women Deliver reception "Celebrating Solutions. Keeping up the momentum for girls and women ".
The Crown Princess was patron of the Women Deliver Conference 2016 held in Copenhagen in May

Tuesday, 20 September

World Leaders x Young Leaders side event
Kl. 7.15
The Crown Princess participates in the side event "World Leaders x Young Leaders" organized in collaboration that includes Foreign Minister Kristian Jensen and the UNPopulation Fund, UNFPA. The event will provide an opportunity for dialogue between young leaders and representatives from governments, civil society and the private sector and academia.

Meeting of High Level Task Force on ICPD
Kl. 8.30
Crown Princess participates in the meeting of the High Level Task Force. The Crown Princess has since 2012 been a member of the International Panel InternationalHigh-Level Task Force on ICPD, working to promote sexual and reproductive health and rights, especially for marginalized groups.

Partnering for Global Prosperity
Kl. 11:00
The Crown Princess attends the meeting "Girl, Uninterrupted: Increasing Opportunity During Adolescence" with the participation of leaders from the private, public and nonprofit organizations. The meeting will take place in conjunction with the Clinton Global Initiative (CGI) 2016 Annual Meeting, which brings together global leaders to find and implement innovative solutions to some of the world's most pressing challenges.

UNFPA side event
Kl. 13:15
The Crown Princess speaks at the UN Population Fund (UNFPA) side event "Stakeholder Commitments two SafeGuard Maternal Health During Humanitarian Crises:Presentation of the 'Safe Birth Even Here' Campaign". The Crown Princess is patron of the United Nations Population Fund, UNFPA, an international development organization that promotes women's, men's and children's right to health and equality.

Reception
Kl. 17:30
The Crown Princess participates in the reception "Celebrating progress toward ending child marriage," which marks five years of progress in fighting child marriage.

Wednesday, 21 September

Deliver for Good
Kl. 8.15
The Crown Princess speaks at the "Deliver Good for: Investments in Girls and Women to Achieve the SDGs" organized by Women Deliver and organization partners.

Visit by Claus Meyer
Kl. 11:30
The Crown Princess participates in a tour of Claus Meyers Nordic market hall "greath Northern Food Hall", which opened in June 2016 and is located in Grand CentralStation. The purpose of the market hall is to raise awareness of Nordic food in New York. After the tour the Crown Princess participates in a lunch with Claus Meyer andPrime Minister Lars Løkke Rasmussen.

I think 5 threads for this visit will probably be 4 too many:-) Of course I could be wrong, but I don't think there will be much coverage from the Danish media. There usually isn't with the UN stuff. And with the trip to Boston and Washington later this month, it's also possible that BB will wait until then to join them. An event that may be covered by the Danish TV stations based in New York, though, is the Claus Meyers Nordic market the last day. That has the feel good Dane trying to get success in the big world narrative that could have some potential at home:-)

Wonder if Mary will stay in the US? She should! Let her hair down for a few days, go a little crazy, maybe get a little tipsy:-) She doesn't do that much:-)

2 hours ago, commoner said:

I think 5 threads for this visit will probably be 4 too many:-) Of course I could be wrong, but I don't think there will be much coverage from the Danish media. There usually isn't with the UN stuff. And with the trip to Boston and Washington later this month, it's also possible that BB will wait until then to join them. An event that may be covered by the Danish TV stations based in New York, though, is the Claus Meyers Nordic market the last day. That has the feel good Dane trying to get success in the big world narrative that could have some potential at home:-)

Wonder if Mary will stay in the US? She should! Let her hair down for a few days, go a little crazy, maybe get a little tipsy:-) She doesn't do that much:-)

I don't think that will be possible - CPM "letting her hair down for a few days, going a little crazy, maybe getting a little tipsy", that is - what with her having an engagement the very next day after attending UNGA-related events, in Denmark, on the, 22nd of September:

http://kongehuset.dk/kalender/hkh-kronprinsessen-forestaar-uddeling-af-design-awards-2016-til-aarets-designere

2 hours ago, commoner said:

I so agree.  Do that, Mary.  She really doesn't have the opportunity to do that very often.

Not that she is going to, I'm afraid, commoner, she does have the events in Denmark in between.

12 minutes ago, Pammy said:

I don't think that will be possible - CPM "letting her hair down for a few days, going a little crazy, maybe getting a little tipsy", that is - what with her having an engagement the very next day after attending UNGA-related events, in Denmark, on the, 22nd of September:

http://kongehuset.dk/kalender/hkh-kronprinsessen-forestaar-uddeling-af-design-awards-2016-til-aarets-designere

LOL, I hadn't noticed that. Well, then that's out of the question:-) Maybe another time:-)

20 hours ago, commoner said:

:D Indulge me. I think it's worth drawing attention to this work even if there is very little media coverage. I find it so much more interesting than the ribbon cutting events the media does deign to cover well. The twitter accounts of the organizations involved may provide us with interesting details.

BB article about all the activities on CPM's agenda this week at the UN General Assembly:

http://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/kronprinsesse-mary-klar-til-travle-dage-i-new-york

"Crown Princess Mary ready for busy days in New York"

There will be a few eventful days for Crown Princess Mary when she is in New York to attend the UN General Assembly.

Crown Princess Mary participates in a series of events in connection with the UN General Assembly, where she will make ome important speeches.

On the first working day in New York Crown Princess Mary is one of the prominent guests at the Women Deliver reception, which follows up on the Women Deliver conference in Copenhagen in May this year. 

Crown Princess rounds off her New York visit by participating in a tour of Claus Meyers Nordic market hall "Great Northern Food Hall", which opened in June and is located in Grand Central Station. After the trip to the food hall the Crown Princess with join Prime Minister Lars Løkke Rasmussen and Claus Meyer in a luncheon.

One of the main items on this US visit for Crown Princess Mary is to deliver a speech at the UN Population Fund's special event for the promotion of women's, men's and children's right to health and welfare.

Crown Princess Mary also participates in a meeting with a focus on young leadership. At the meeting "World Leaders, Young Leaders" the Crown Princess in the company of, among others, Foreign Minister Kristian Jensen.

8 hours ago, gudinde said:

:D Indulge me. I think it's worth drawing attention to this work even if there is very little media coverage. I find it so much more interesting than the ribbon cutting events the media does deign to cover well. The twitter accounts of the organizations involved may provide us with interesting details.

Well, I can see the threads won't end up totally empty. Thank you Twitter:-)