DRF in Sweden for King Carl Gustaf's 70th birthday celebrations

gudinde

LØRDAG 30. APRIL 2016

H.M. Dronningen, Kronprinsparret samt H.K.H. Prinsesse Benedikte deltager i fejringen af H.M. Kong Carl Gustav af Sveriges 70-års fødselsdag.

Saturday 30 April 2016

HM The Queen, The Crown Princely Couple and HRH Princess Benedikte participate in the celebration of HM King Carl Gustav of Sweden's 70th birthday in Stockholm.

Saturday, 30 April 2016, 10:00 am

Te Deum on the occasion of the commemoration of the King's 70th birthday

Saturday, 30 April 2016, 12:15 pm

Sung Tribute on the Lion Hill Terrace at Stockholm Palace

Saturday, 30 April 2016, 1:00 pm

Carriage Procession to Stockholm City Hall for Luncheon Reception

Saturday, 30 April 2016, 7:30 pm

Banquet for invited guests

http://www.kungahuset.se/press/pressmeddelanden/2016pressmeddelanden/kungens70arsfirande.5.274e83ca152f4410091be9.html

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/kongeskibet-dannebrog-i-havn-i-stockholm

Royal Yacht Dannebrog (with Queen Margrethe) has been berthed in the harbour in Stockholm since Friday.

The Danish Royals will use the Royal Yacht as residence during their time in Stockholm.

http://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/prinsesse-benedikte-er-ankommet-til-stockholm

Princess Benedikte arrived on Friday in Stockholm.

She celebrated her birthday on Friday, so was able to share the day with her sister, QM.

http://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/dronning-margrethe-ankommet-soesterhygge-paa-dannebrog

Television coverage

TV2 Denmark has direct coverage on Saturday from 2 o'clock. 9:45 am to 2:05 pm

and follows daytime events, which include the worship service in the chapel, carriage ride through the city and lunch at City Hall.

SVT1 Sweden from 9:45 am

directly from the celebrations for King Carl Gustaf at Stockholm Palace and the coach ride to Stockholm City Hall.

SVT1 Sweden from 8:00 pm

Summary of the day's celebrations from Stockholm Palace, the government and the Swedish Parliament gift giving ceremony and the arrival of the guests for the evening banquet. Also highlights from Friday night's gala performance at the Nordic Museum.

Guests list for Saturday (pdf file)
http://www.kungahuset.se/download/18.3c53a33153ef9563cd128c/1461941611883/Gästlista+bankett+Rikssalen+30+april+2016_2.pdf

Among those present:

Swedish Royal Family:
HM The King of Sweden
HM The Queen of Sweden
HRH Crown Princess Victoria
HRH Prince Daniel
HRH Prins Carl Philip
(Princess Sofia is on maternity leave)
HRH Princess Madeleine
Mr Christopher O'Neill

Belgium:
HM King Philippe
HM Queen Mathilde

Bulgaria:
HM King Simeon II
HM Queen Margarita

Denmark:
HM Queen Margrethe II
HRH Crown Prince Frederik
HRH Crown Princess Mary
HRH Princess Benedikte

Finland:
HE President Sauli Niinistö
Mrs Jenni Haukio

Germany:
HRH Prince Leopold of Bavaria
HRH Princess Ursula of Bavaria
HRH Prince Manuel of Bavaria
HRH Princess Anna of Bavaria
HH Prince Andreas of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha
HH Hereditary Prince Hubertus of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha
HH Hereditary Princess Kelly of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha
HRH Duke Max Emanuel of Bavaria
HRH Duchess Elizabeth of Bavaria

Iceland:
HE Dr. Ólafur Ragnar Grimsson, Iceland's President
Mrs Dorrit Moussaieff

Japan:
HIH Princess Takamado

Jordan:
HRH Prince Raad bin Zeid
HRH Princess Majda Raad Zeid
HRH Prince El Hassan bin Talal
HRH Princess Sarvath El Hassan

Liechtenstein:
HSH Hereditary Prince Alois of Liechtenstein
HRH Hereditary Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein

Monaco:
HSH Prince Albert II

Netherlands:
HRH Princess Beatrix

Norway:
(The King & Queen, of Norway and Crown Princely Couple have withdrawn from attending
following news of a helicopter tragedy in Norway)
Princess Märtha Louise attends in their stead with her husband Mr Ari Behn

Romania:
HRH Crown Princess Margareta
HRH Prince Radu of Romania

Serbia:
HRH Crown Prince Alexander
HRH Crown Princess Katherine

Spain:

(Retired) King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia (attend the Te Deum service only)

Love Mary's outfit. Didn't she wear that to an airport welcoming ceremony during a State Visit in the past year? I do have to say -- she looks a bit tired. She has had a rather hectic schedule this week -- to Africa and back within a few days and then to a few events in Denmark. That's a lot of travel and prep!

I'm just thankful that Victoria covered up that hideous dress with a coat. What was she thinking?

Madeleine looks divine in that soft pink .. adore her hat! Credit to Sofia for even getting dressed just a week after giving birth.

I'm just thankful that Victoria covered up that hideous dress with a coat. What was she thinking?

It looked a tiiiny bit better with the coat on...

From Expressen:

"There is a closed private gala dinner where the speeches will probably remain secret for a while. Then after dinner, the guests are transferred into the White Sea, the banquet room. There will be an ABBA show with the gang from Tyrol for about an hour and a half. Then at 1 am roughly, a DJ playing. the king has told staff that no music will stop playing before 05:00 ".

From Expressen:
"There is a closed private gala dinner where the speeches will probably remain secret for a while. Then after dinner, the guests are transferred into the White Sea, the banquet room. There will be an ABBA show with the gang from Tyrol for about an hour and a half. Then at 1 am roughly, a DJ playing. the king has told staff that no music will stop playing before 05:00 ".

I seem to remember each of the Swedish King's children had wedding celebrations which lasted all night, too. :D

Here's a gallery from BT

http://www.bt.dk/royale/skoenne-billeder-fra-kongefest-i-sverige-carl-gustaf-fejret-af-margrethe-mary-og-fr#slide-1

Archived