New Year's Reception and Banquet

gudinde

1. januar 2016

Opdækning ved nytårstaflet

Regentparret afholder nytårskur og -taffel for regeringen, repræsentanter for det officielle Danmark og hoffet i Christian VII's Palæ, Amalienborg, kl. 19.00.

1 January 2016, 7:00 pm

New Year's Reception and Banquet

The Regent Couple hold New Year's reception and banquet for the government, representatives of official Denmark and the court at Christian VII's Palace, Amalienborg.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping Mary recycles something...perhaps the blue ballgown from Ps Carl-Phillipe's & Sophia's wedding

I still hope to see the silver gown from the pre-wedding dinner again. It's just gorgeous, especially with the collar and ruby tiara.

I'm hoping Mary recycles something...perhaps the blue ballgown from Ps Carl-Phillipe's & Sophia's wedding

I still hope to see the silver gown from the pre-wedding dinner again. It's just gorgeous, especially with the collar and ruby tiara.

What about the purple "sari" gown...? Not everyone liked it but I did. :)

What about the purple "sari" gown...? Not everyone liked it but I did. :)

I like that one too! (though I'd like to see it without the cape) I keep hoping they'll go to India (or maybe have an incoming Indian State Visit) and she'll wear it again.

Missed Marie, but new gown for Mary!

This is probably a strange idea but could the top part, the velour, be the "old" velour cape modified?

And the bottom part looks very similar to the stunning Jesper Hovring gown fro the Bambi Award.

Missed Marie, but new gown for Mary!

This is probably a strange idea but could the top part, the velour, be the "old" velour cape modified?

And the bottom part looks very similar to the stunning Jesper Hovring gown fro the Bambi Award.

It could be the cape. But it may be new. And you're right, it does look like the skirt from the Bambi Awards! A shame as I loved the top, lol.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXp4vb8WcAAnCQL.jpg

I'm not sure but I think the old cape had purple lining.

Yeah, I don't think it's the cape. But I do think it's the Bambi Awards gown. The pattern looks identical to me. But, of course, Jesper could have simply given her a second skirt in the same fabric.

edit: Just saw a photo from Bambi and realized that the top is likely a separate piece. So it is most likely the skirt, but that doesn't mean we won't see the top again.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXp4vb8WcAAnCQL.jpg

I'm not sure but I think the old cape had purple lining.

Yeah, I don't think it's the cape. But I do think it's the Bambi Awards gown. The pattern looks identical to me. But, of course, Jesper could have simply given her a second skirt in the same fabric.

Or the velvet part is removable/acts as a coverup? Oh please...

Archived