CPF to Olympic reception to announce Danish Flag Bearer

gudinde

5. februar 2016

H.K.H. Kronprinsen deltager i præsentationen af OL-fanebæreren for det danske hold ved de Olympiske Lege i 2016 i Rio De Janeiro, Brasilien. Københavns Rådhus, kl. 12.30.

5 February 2016, 12:30 pm

HRH The Crown Prince participates in the presentation of the Olympic flag bearer for the Danish team at the Olympic Games in 2016 in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.

Copenhagen Town Hall.

BB article (thanks Pammy)

http://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/kronprins-frederik-til-brasiliansk-fest-paa-kronprinsesse-marys-foedselsdag

According to Billed Bladet the lunchtime reception has a Brazilian theme and ends at 2:30 pm. The magazine article informs readers that the timing "gives Frederik ample time to possibly celebrate his better half the rest of the day and evening."

Here's the Danish Radio website coverage of the subject with a photo of CPF and Wozniacki:

Wozniacki: Det er en drøm at bære fanen

Translation of article:

It's a Dream come true to be carrying the Flag.

Caroline Wozniacki (tennis player) is honoured having been chosen to carry the Danish flag in Rio.

No doubt about the symbolism: Wozniacki had decided to wear a red dress with white edges when she Friday attended a reception at the Copenhagen town hall. Just like the colours of the Danish flag.

Sports Confederation of Denmark has decided that Wozniacki is to carry the flag ahead of the Danish team at the opening ceremony at the 2016 Olympics in Rio.

Unlike the 2012 Olympics in London, Wozniacki. like the rest of the team, will be staying at the Olympics city. In London, she stayed in an apartment in order to prepare for the games... (the article is more about Wozniacki than the crown prince, but the photo of them together is nice)

Archived