New Year's Day Court and Banquet 2015

31ro

Regentparret afholder nytårskur og -taffel for regeringen, repræsentanter for det officielle Danmark og hoffet i Christian VII's Palæ, Amalienborg, kl. 19.00.

Umiddelbart før Nytårstaflet modtager Regentparret regeringen og særligt indbudte i kur.

Kronprinsparret, D.K.H. Prins Joachim og Prinsesse Marie samt H.H. Prinsesse Elisabeth er til stede.

1 January 2015, 7:00 pm

The regent couple will hold New Year's reception and banquet for the government, representatives of official Denmark and the court at King Christian VII's Palace, Amalienborg, at 7:00 pm

Immediately before the New year's banquet the Regent Couple receives the government and specially invited guests at court.

The Crown Princely Couple, Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Princess Elisabeth are present.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any suggestions for the gowns?

CP Mary:

I hope we will see her red pre-wedding dress again. I wouldn't mind for a new red dress.

I could also imagine that we will see the soft pink Carla Zampatti dress (Women's Weekly, turkish state visit, official pictures) in the coming years.

In 2008 Mary wore a green coat/cape over a pink dress (Frederik's 40th birthday party). I'm not a very huge fan of this coat (yet), but I think the coat fits to the event. I imagine the coat would look very good with a simple white dress + the rubies.

The pinkish gown Mary wore to Madeleine's wedding or the pinkish gown she wore to the pre-wedding dinner in Luxembourg would match the rubies, but I'm not sure if the design of the dresses fit the event.

Queen Margrethe:

I always hope for an outing of the emeralds, but I hope for another green or other colored dress.

Princess Marie:

The gown she wore to Princess Madeleine's wedding.

CP Mary:

I hope we will see her red pre-wedding dress again. I wouldn't mind for a new red dress.

I could also imagine that we will see the soft pink Carla Zampatti dress (Women's Weekly, turkish state visit, official pictures) in the coming years.

In 2008 Mary wore a green coat/cape over a pink dress (Frederik's 40th birthday party). I'm not a very huge fan of this coat (yet), but I think the coat fits to the event. I imagine the coat would look very good with a simple white dress + the rubies.

Queen Margrethe:

I always hope for an outing of the emeralds, but I hope for another green or other colored dress.

Princess Marie:

I'd like to see Mary in the silver dress again. I think it's perfect with the rubies.

For Daisy, I wouldn't mind the blue dress with the Naasut again.

And for Marie, I'm not really sure. I would like to see the dress from Madeleine's wedding with the collar.

Mary will probably wear one of the dresses she hasn't worn in a long time: The red pre-wedding one, the blue one from the Australian painting or the silver one, something like that. Or maybe she has re-modelled the green one we have seen only once during the Luxembourg State Visit 2003. If she actually owned it. Maybe it was a loan.

I hope QM has suddenly decided to lend Mary one of her tiaras...The green one would be nice.

I have never understood why she doesn't share.

I hope QM has suddenly decided to lend Mary one of her tiaras...The green one would be nice.

I always thought that she isn't allowed to share the Crown Jewels.

But she could share the Baden Palmette Tiara.

I didn't think of that. I didn't know she isn't allowed to share the Crown Jewels. I never remember which ones are part of them.

And the Baden Palmette is the only one she owns privately?

I didn't think of that. I didn't know she isn't allowed to share the Crown Jewels. I never remember which ones are part of them.

I think the turquoise daisy tiara, the floral aigrette tiara and the Naasut tiara are her private property, too.

I don't understand why she doesn't share them with her daughter-in-laws.

No, I changed my mind....I want her to lend Mary the famous Golden Poppies.... ;)

That would surely get a few comments from royal watchers....

I actually think they could look nice in dark hair, if done properly.

:P I intentionally didn't list the Poppies.

I would give them a try in open dark hair (placed the other way around)... :hide2:

I can't remember where I read it now, but I believe the Emerald, Aigrette, and Pearl tiaras are all part of the Crown Jewels so only the Queen can wear them. And I imagine since the Naasut was a Jubilee gift, it will probably only be worn by the Queen.

But that still leave the Palmette, Turquoise bandeau, and the poppies. If only Alexandra would lend out the Diamond Drop.

It's been said before but it would be nice if all the tiaras were part of a foundation and lent out as needed despite the problems. How lovely would the rubies look with the Bambi dress...guess it's a bit soon to recycle it. Perhaps the collar is the wrong shape to show off the necklace too. I'm going for one of the white or blue (J & M's wedding) layered ones.

I'll guess the pale pink worn during the State Visit from Turkey last March for Mary ...maybe with Marie in pale blue and the Queen in bright green.

Video of preparations for a New Year's Court banquet at Christian VII's Palace. Interesting!

Thanks for drawing our attention to this, mls. It's fascinating. Even the damask has been woven with Danish royal motifs!

CP Mary:

The pinkish gown Mary wore to Madeleine's wedding or the pinkish gown she wore to the pre-wedding dinner in Luxembourg would match the rubies, but I'm not sure if the design of the dresses fit the event.

Queen Margrethe:

Princess Marie:

I think you called it! looks like the dress from Maddie's wedding!

and looks like a brand new white dress for Mary.

and looks like a brand new white dress for Mary.

Could it be the white one from from QM's jubilee event.?

This one? http://s1137.photobu...b2012n.jpg.html

I don't know. Maybe if she took off the outer layer. Here's my crappy screengrab: http://forhelvede.tu...ge/106810016739

When there's better photos, we'll be able to tell.

eta: oh that one! um, I don't think so because I didn't see any runching, but again, with actual photos we'll be able to tell!

eta: one more edit. Better screengrabs on RW: http://royalwatcher.tumblr.com/post/106810294422/members-of-the-danish-royal-arrive-for-the-annual

definitely a new gown for Mary!

Archived