Sign in to follow this  
gudinde

Morning wake-up at Fredensborg Palace

I wonder if QM intends to celebrate this big every five years? If she lives as long as her mother...

It's not that I don't enjoy this but I actually think it's a tiny bit much if it's every 5 years. I understand that I'm probably the only one

with that opinion. And it must cost lots of money too, for the Regent couple.

I guess the details will be adjusted over the years to allow for changes in the Queen's energy levels.

Here we go. DR is crossing live to Fredensborg now.

That was really quite moving, with the choir and all the friends gathered under the Queen's window, including most of the foreign royals who stayed overnight.

Was it my imagination or did the Queen have tears in her eyes as she smiled down upon her family and friends?

Retired royal Master of Ceremonies Christian Eugen-Olsen sat for a few minutes on the DR commentators panel, then made his way around the palace to join the group of friends gathering at the Queen's window.

There seems to have been lots of hugging going on. Mathilde and Mary, Maxima and Mary. I hope we get photos!