New Years Reception and Banquet

gudinde

01. januar

Søndag den 1. januar 2017 afholdes der nytårskur og -taffel for regeringen, folketingets formand, repræsentanter for det officielle Danmark og hoffet i
Christian VII's Palæ, Amalienborg, kl. 19.15.

Regentparret, D.K.H. Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessen, D.K.H. Prins Joachim og Prinsesse Marie vil være til stede.

1 January 2017, 7:15 pm

Sunday, January 1, 2017 a New Year's reception and banquet will be held for the government, the Speaker of the parliament, representatives of the official Denmark and the court at Christian VII's Palace, Amalienborg.

The Regent Couple, T.R.H The Crown Prince and Crown Princess, T.R.H. Prince Joachim and Princess Marie will be present.

http://kongehuset.dk/monarkiet-i-danmark/ceremonielle-begivenheder/nytarstafler-og-kure

Just now, mls said:

We haven't seen the silver dress for a long time. I would like to see the sari-dress too.

agreed! And without the cape so we can see it better. She has so many amazing gowns that part of me wishes she'd recycle more often, though I understand why she doesn't. I still want to see that red dress from Australia again (though obviously not for this).

12 minutes ago, BlindLove said:

She has so many amazing gowns that part of me wishes she'd recycle more often, though I understand why she doesn't. I still want to see that red dress from Australia again (though obviously not for this).

I checked our excellent style threads. Mary has actually recycled quite a lot. The sari-dress we haven't seen since 2008 and the silver one since 2009.

I love the dress, however I think the "problem" is the hair style  She wore a similar style -- her hair low across her face at Carl-Philip-Sofia wedding.  I think we're used to seeing her usual updo/away from the face.  On the whole, I like her look.  The ruby parure works well against the color of the gown.

With the exception of her hair style, I loved Mary's look tonight.  I also thought this was one of Marie's best looks -- the line of the gown gives her a nice elongated look.  It's much better than the few previous gala outings when she has worn a peplum-styled gown which cuts her.  JMHO

12 hours ago, Riki said:

Is it the hairstyle or the make-up? IMO Mary looks really old tonight (on TV).

I used to love this tiara when she wore it like a wreath around her head.

I absolutely don't like the way she wears it now.

I agree her hair makes her look old tonight. She is beautiful but her hair tonight does nothing for her.

Archived