Private visit & Christmas in Australia

mls

"Crown Princess Mary looks likely to touch down in her hometown of Hobart within hours."

http://www.themercury.com.au/news/tasmania/crown-princess-mary-and-family-bound-for-hobart-sources-say/news-story/d6bd0d467af109f13c0932dee7bd5799

"Sources" say, that the family is bound for Hobart later today or tomorrow morning and are to stay at Government House in Hobart.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Leonie said:

All of them on the same plane.  I didn't think they did that.  :ermm:

Could they have arrived on separate planes with ETA's only a short time apart ?

I have a vague recollection, that they did that on previous visits.

A quick check on Hobart Airport and tomorrow there is, for example, a plane from Sydney with ETA only 5 min before another plane from Sydney

but a different airline.

5 minutes ago, Chances said:

Likewise...sometimes I can be lucky on other newspaper sites (Cairns, Adelaide etc.) and then they disappear as well.

Oh, "good"....I thought I was the only one.

A working link to The Mercury with short videos

http://www.themercury.com.au/news/tasmania/princess-mary-hits-the-salamanca-shops-with-children-isabella-vincent-and-josephine/news-story/1c27a44f87aa142217b49d60d4df1bc7

36 minutes ago, Hannelore said:

Who's the girl with the pink top - one of Patricia's children?

I wonder if there are bodyguards with the family on this holiday? I suppose it's inevitable, but they don't show in the pictures.

Is that middle-aged blonde woman wearing Nike t-shirt a relative of Mary? If not, I think she is probably from security staff.

1 hour ago, Hannelore said:

Who's the girl with the pink top - one of Patricia's children?

I wonder if there are bodyguards with the family on this holiday? I suppose it's inevitable, but they don't show in the pictures.

The girl is Molly/Mollie, Patricia's youngest.

There are always PET or other protection officers around them. Always. They are usually pretty easy to spot if

there is a photo that shows people around them. As cph, said, the blonde woman in the Nike t-shirt could be one.

"The Hobart-born princess, alongside her husband, Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, and their four children, Prince Christian, Princess Isabella, Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine, took in the sights of Port Arthur during a private tour.

Also joining the tour were Mary’s sisters Jane and Patricia, and friend Amber Petty, as well as a detail of seven watchful bodyguards."

http://www.themercury.com.au/news/tasmania/princess-mary-takes-in-historic-sights-at-port-arthur/news-story/fba3bf63271a038024c29ef045ed3ea9

I was "allowed in" this morning but there's only one photo. The visit was probably yesterday because the article

is timed very early this morning.

b487c16742b30f89b593e98b3fa82ebb?width=1

Archived