Mourning Salute, Transfer, Castrum Doloris

mls

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frederik and Joachim both looked very moved at the courtyard. In one of the videos, you could see Mary holding Frederik's hand and

stroking his back.

Prince Henrik's staff carrying the coffin into Christian IX Palace.

8 hours ago, mls said:

Nice to see the that the girls, cousins are such good friends. Isabella has also been holding hands with daddy most of the time.

Again, Christian is walking just like grandpa Donaldson.

e7553f65-45f9-45a7-96b3-421e8119da6b.jpg

PH-215009997.jpg&Maxw=939&Maxh=626

That Josephine and Athena have such good relationship, also tells us that Joachim and Frederik can't have grown so far apart as some quarters of Media would like us to believe:-)

13 minutes ago, commoner said:

That Josephine and Athena have such good relationship, also tells us that Joachim and Frederik can't have grown so far apart as some quarters of Media would like us to believe:-)

As Queen Mathilde said in Copenhagen last year: There are many things that the press doesn't know about.

One of the favourite subjects of certain parts of the Danish press for years now...You can always make a good front cover with that one.
Prince Henrik has been a top subject for months now. I wonder what they'll be using now that's he is gone.

Both Josephine and Vincent are (again) wearing coats "inherited" from Isabella and Christian.

1 hour ago, gudinde said:

I sometimes see him echo Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik's mannerisms too

That I have never noticed.

There was a photo of Isabella somewhere yesterday were she for the first time (to me) resembled a young Queen Margrethe

around the time she got engaged.

2 hours ago, Tesouras&Tiaras said:

Prince Henrik's coffin, at the moment resting in the Knight's Hall at Christian IX Palace, sits on three wooden supports.

And the supports, the bucks, are made by the Royal Craftsmen of the Queen's Household.

The guards are from the Royal Life Guard and conscripts from the Royal Yacht Dannebrog.

http://kongehuset.dk/nyheder/hkh-prins-henriks-baare-i-christian-ixs-palae-amalienborg

http://kongehuset.dk/foto-video/blomster-ved-de-kongelige-slotte

It's a beautiful photo. Prince Henrik's seems to have had everything ready and planned.

16. FEBRUAR 2018
Den kongelige familie deltager i overførsel af H.K.H. Prins Henriks båre fra Christian IX's Palæ, Amalienborg, til Christiansborg Slotskirke, kl. 18.00.

16 February 2018, 6:00 pm
The royal family participates in the transfer of H.R.H. Prince Henriks's bier from Christian IX's Palace, Amalienborg, to Christiansborg Palace Church.

More info:

http://kongehuset.dk/en/news/transfer-to-christiansborg-palace-church-and-castrum-doloris

"When The Prince’s bier is driven to Christiansborg Palace Church, the hearse will be followed by Her Majesty The Queen and the royal family in vehicles.

Upon arrival at Christiansborg Palace Church, The Prince’s bier will be met by a guard of honour with colours from the Jutland Dragoon Regiment, after which the bier will be carried into the Palace Church by 10 officers from The Royal Life Guard. Outside, The Prince’s Band will play Hoffmann’s funeral march for Thorvaldsen and, inside the church, the Copenhagen Royal Chapel Choir will sing, after which the royal family will participate in a private religious service led by the royal Chaplain-In-Ordinary."

The French side of the family also attend the service led by Erik Norman Svendsen.

Archived