Prince Henrik's funeral

mls

1 minute ago, gudinde said:

In the period of mourning, Her Majesty The Queen and the Royal Family and the Court will not participate in social or entertainment events

I think this means that only the "social and entertainment" events are a no go.  Queen M is receiving new ambassadors on Friday.

The calendar would probably have been updated with something last week, had it not been for the death.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks mls. 

BT reports

https://www.bt.dk/royale/henriks-doed-aendrede-tradition-hos-svensk-kongefamilie-prinsessens-foedselsdag

that the Swedish Royal Court postponed the publication of 4th birthday photos of Princess Leonore yesterday morning, out of respect for Prince Henrik's funeral. 

I noticed that Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden wore dark blue at the event in Lithuania marking the country's 100th anniversary of independence. This is the same event Crown Princess Mary was originally scheduled to attend. 

Yes, the numbers were kept to 60 invited guests. Therefore no nieces and nephews from either side of the family attended, and none of the close friends from other royal houses, in keeping with Prince Henrik's wishes, so it was smaller than a funeral for an ordinary citizen. 

Did you notice the man sitting in the back next to Countess Alexandra?

That was Fritz Schur - the one invited friend to represent all of Prince Henrik's friends. We have seen him taking F&M's children to plays at Tivoli over the years.

https://www.bt.dk/royale/klar-til-net-og-print-kongehuset-derfor-var-fritz-schur-med-til-prins-henriks 

I've just rewatched the funeral service.  My heart broke during the last hymn which brought her Majesty to tears -- I noticed Christian, in the second row, attempting to hold back his tears.  Christian -- between being a child and a teen -- understanding what was happening.  

Quite touching!

Archived