CPM heads Danish promotion, Seattle

mls

3. maj 2018

H.K.H. Kronprinsessen besøger Seattle, USA, i forbindelse med dansk kunst- og kulturfremstød den 3.-5. maj.

3. May 2018

HRH The Crown Princess visits Seattle, USA, in connection with a Danish arts and cultural promotion 3.-5. May

http://kongehuset.dk/en/media-centre/press-releases/press-release-the-crown-princess-opens-new-nordic-museum-in-seattle-usa

http://kongehuset.dk/en/news/programme-for-hrh-the-crown-princesss-visit-in-seattle-in-connection-with-a-danish-arts-and-culture

Thursday, 3 May

Launching at Nordic Museum

The Crown Princess participates in the launching of a Danish culture promotional campaign, which has the goal of creating better conditions for Danish art

and culture in the USA over the next three years. The Crown Princess unveils the culture promotional campaign’s name and logo during the visit.

At the launching celebration, the Danish band Baby in Vain performs.

Friday, 4 May

Debate event

The Crown Princess speaks at a debate event at the University of Washington on empowerment of women and economic limitations. 

The debate is arranged by the Danish embassy in co-operation with the University of Washington and the International Center for Research on Women (ICRW). 

Visit at Novo Nordisk

The Crown Princess pays a visit at the Novo Nordisk Research Centre to hear, among other things, more about the company’s efforts against excessive weight.

Gala dinner

The Crown Princess participates in and speaks at the official gala dinner at the Nordic Museum in connection with the museum’s opening.

Before the dinner, The Crown Princess gets a tour of the museum. Among others, representatives from the other Nordic countries will take part in the dinner.

Saturday, 5 May

Opening of the Nordic Museum

The Crown Princess gives a speech and presides over the official opening of the Nordic Museum’s new building. The Crown Princess presides

over the official opening together with representatives of the other Nordic countries. The new museum is designed by the Norwegian architectural

firm Mithun and is inspired by the Norwegian fjords. The construction has been underway since 2012.

3. May

Launching at Nordic Museum

"Her Royal Highness the Crown Princess of Denmark has arrived in Seattle. Spearheading the launch of a brand new cultural chapter Denmark in creating new collaborations with US Partners"

DcUkhAoUQAAOjK0.jpg

DcVcSuSUwAA4trL.jpg

I really wish she would make it out here to San Francisco Bay Area!  Seattle is on the West Coast but still far away.

Why is that lady sticking her tongue out in that group photo?  Very perplexing to me.

I hope there will be more coverage of her visit in the US press.

8 minutes ago, ayvee said:

Why is that lady sticking her tongue out in that group photo?  Very perplexing to me.

Danish band performing...I think the music was supposed to be "grunge" rock..?? Originally from the Seattle area. (I had to look it up...)

They look like pretty young girls to me and maybe the tongue thing is what she thought she was supposed to do. I am too old, obviously,

because it just looks stupid.

Gala dinner at Nordic Museum

With Danish Minister of Foreign Affairs, The President and First Lady of Iceland and the Danish Ambassador to USA.

DcZdUYBU8AA48xc.jpg

DcZahO_W4AAC0_0.jpg

31906785_10156753294163455_3556219855797

31934255_10156753294428455_3492859441684

31949748_10156753294443455_8901279232303

31912131_10156753294698455_4143629308667

DcaK8eIU8AEaQxF.jpg

31934757_664168017255116_285901259195757

DcaK8e8UwAAW9l3.jpg

After noticing the sign for the Department of Scandinavian Studies at the Universty of Washington, I had to look it up. It is an extensive program that goes through to PhD level. 

https://scandinavian.washington.edu/

There are other similar programs at universities in Canada and the U.S., but the one at the U. of Washington is impressive.

Just up the road from me at The Ohio State University, there is a program which offers a course in Old Norse-Icelandic language, which apparently is not for the faint of heart. 

Archived