Royal Hunts 2019

mls

• 3 weeks later...

20. november 2019

H.M. Dronningen afholder Kongejagt i Gribskov med efterfølgende jagttaffel på Fredensborg Slot.

20. November 2019

HM The Queen holds a Royal Hunt in Gribskov and a subsequent hunting banquet at Fredensborg Palace.

The Crown Prince is host for the hunt in the morning.

http://www.shootingenterprise.com/traditions

The tradition of the game parade.

Not a Danish article but seems to be similar to what we can see in the photos.

"At the end of the day the game is laid on the ground on its right hand side, and every tenth piece (counted from left to right) is moved out slightly from the row.

On a mixed hunt, game is laid down according to its weight, size, and gender. Usually, this goes from largest to smallest, and males first.

With this presentation the hunters say goodbye to the game, and they show their appreciation for nature by laying the game on pine tree branches. Bonfires are lit on each corner. In no circumstances should the game be stepped on or over. Each game has a small branch from a pine tree in its mouth, which represents its last bite. "

4 hours ago, mls said:

Someone had spotted Gustav and Carina being present but I really can't see them?

https://www.belgaimage.be/#/search/images?text=fredensborg 20-11-2019

Not posting PPE photos. They are the same as these.

I saw a photo of Mary and Carina walking together.  The photos don't show everyone clearly.  I noticed that GD Henri of Luxembourg is hidden behind the Queen in  one of the photos.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/kronprins-frederik-i-front-til-dronningens-jagt

Among the guest were, GD Henri, Prince Philipp, Landgrave von Hessen, Hubertus, Prinz von Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha og Philipp Zu Hohenlohe-Langenburg.

(Not sure I got the titles correct) Count Bendt Wedell, Jørgen Skeel,  Michael Brockenhuus-Schack, Count Christian Ahlefeldt-Laurvig, Anne and Anders Holch Povlsen.

The ladies outing took place at the National Gallery of Denmark and Georg Jensen.

_mho1191.jpg

https://fredensborg.lokalavisen.dk/2019-11-21/Se-billederne-Kongeligt-jagtbytte-vist-frem-på-slottet-6593111.html

with a full guest list of those taking part in the hunt and a gallery.

Foreign guests:

Hans Højhed Prins Gustav zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg

His Royal Highness Prince Philipp von Hessen

Son Altesse Royale le Grand Duc Henri de Luxembourg

S.K.H. Prinz Hubertus von Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha

S.D. Prinz Ferdinand zu Schleswig-Holstein

S.D. Fürst Philipp Hohenlohe-Langenburg

Dr. Graf Maximilian Schaffgotsch

Baron Ferdinand von Baumbach

Foto: Peter Dahlerup

Vildtparade%20jagten%20bl%C3%A6ses%20af%

Vildtparade%202019%20fotograf%20Peter%20

Vildtparade%20prins%20Gustav%20hilser%20

Vildtparade%202019%20fotograf%20Peter%20

1 hour ago, mls said:

That's a very old outfit under that black coat! but with the style threads being what they are, I can't search for the old photo.

21259592-0-image-m-60_1574277802122.jpg

Yes, Mary wore this suit already in February 2006 when she and Frederik (and baby Christian) visited Schleswig-Holstein. I remember pics of her at the "Waldemarsmauer" (wall of Waldemar), wearing this suit and a  black cape.

4 minutes ago, Riki said:

Yes, Mary wore this suit already in February 2006 when she and Frederik (and baby Christian) visited Schleswig-Holstein. I remember pics of her at the "Waldemarsmauer" (wall of Waldemar), wearing this suit and a  black cape. 

Thank you Riki. That's it. :rose: I was just sent a photo from back then and posted in the style threads.