The DRF & COVID-19

mls

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Several politicians in the Danish parliament have in recent days been tested positive for corona virus.  According to a press release, the PM of Denmark is now in self-isolation and will be tested. All ministers who have attended meetings with infected members of parliament have now gone into self-isolation until they get test results.

I wonder if this also affects the DRF? The Minister of Foreign Affairs is in self isolation (will be tested) and he attended an official event with Crown Prince Frederik on Monday.

Could be, of course, that members of the DRF are tested regularly anyway.

5. november 2020

H.K.H. Kronprinsessen deltager i rundbordssamtale om ICDP+26 - status på kvinder og pigers sundhed og rettigheder ét år efter Nairobikonferencen.

Christiansborg Slot, København, kl. 14.30.

https://kongehuset.dk/kalender/udskudt-hkh-kronprinsessen-deltager-i-rundbordssamtale-om-icdp26-status-paa-kvinder-og-pigers

ICDP Round table postponed to a later date.

I wonder if this also affects the DRF? The Minister of Foreign Affairs is in self isolation (will be tested) and he attended an official event with Crown Prince Frederik on Monday.

Could be, of course, that members of the DRF are tested regularly anyway.

Good question. Frederik’s events on Friday has not been cancelled so I guess Frederik has also been tested after attending the same event as the The Minister of Foreign Affairs on Monday and is negative. (I can also imagine that the Queen and the Crown Prince Couple are checked regularly and they may not necessarily find it necessary to send out a press release about for example that Frederik (and his family) have been tested after the meeting on Monday.) Or maybe Frederik was not near the minister at all and therefore not in the risk group. 

https://kongehuset.dk/kalender/udskudt-hkh-kronprinsessen-deltager-i-rundbordssamtale-om-icdp26-status-paa-kvinder-og-pigers

ICDP Round table postponed to a later date.

I guess they are cancelling or postponing all unnecessary events at the parliament.

Yes, after all the affected at Christiansborg, it was to be expected that Mary's meeting tomorrow has been postponed.

On 11/4/2020 at 4:19 PM, JosephineDane said:

Frederik’s events on Friday has not been cancelled so I guess Frederik has also been tested after attending the same event as the The Minister of Foreign Affairs on Monday and is negative.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/frederik-holdt-heldigvis-god-afstand-til-minister

Both tomorrows events are still on the calendar as of this evening and Minister Kofod's test is negative.

Minister Prehn (who often works with Mary) was also tested negative. He mentioned being regularly tested.

I'm sure QM and the CPC are too.

Frederik next to the minister.

_mho2496-1.jpg?w=1074&fp-x=0.5&fp-y=0.5&

20. november 2020

H.K.H. Kronprinsessen deltager i ”Børnenes Dag” hos Unicef.

FN Byen, København, kl. 9.00.

https://www.unicef.dk/boernenes-dag/

The Unicef World Children's Day event at UN City has been changed to

H.K.H. Kronprinsessen deltager med Unicef i en live-streamet samtale med børn i forbindelse med Børnenes Dag. Tivoli, København, kl. 9.30.

Crown Princess Mary participates with Unicef in a live-streamed conversation with children in connection with Children's Day, Tivoli Copenhagen.

No news, just wondering and thinking how very quiet it's been lately....

Would be interesting to know how many official events were planned but could not be added to the official calendar during the past month after

the ban on gatherings of more than 10 people was announced, which, at the moment, is in place until the end of this week, 22th November.

I really hope they haven't decided to stop releasing news and photos of unofficial and virtual events.

7 hours ago, mls said:

No news, just wondering and thinking how very quiet it's been lately....

Would be interesting to know how many official events were planned but could not be added to the official calendar during the past month after

the ban on gatherings of more than 10 people was announced, which, at the moment, is in place until the end of this week, 22th November.

I really hope they haven't decided to stop releasing news and photos of unofficial and virtual events.

Indeed. Also they had that Netherlands visit that had to be postponed,  those trips are usually very busy. 

But true, we will never know the true amount of events that were never announced.  

Yes it is difficult to know how many events which are cancelled due to COVID-19 these months. I still think that at least Frederik & Mary succeed in having quite alot of official events every week/months. We have four official events to look forward to again the next few days. But yes it is not as usual, or pre COVID-19, where the couple's calendar always were full of many events. I believe that simple not many official events are planned in Denmark at this time as they very likely not can be held. I think F&M participates in those there are. I do not think the court omits information and pictures from unofficial visits. Again, I simply don’t think there are many who is planned these times. In Denmark, we have succeeded in getting the infection rates to not increase, but we have not succeeded in making them fall, so I certainly think we should expect that the assembly ban of 10 people will apply for the rest of the year. We must enjoy the official events that can be performed, and enjoy that F&M have had a whole year with really good time with their children.

Something I miss most in this corona time is following the CP family at 'private things’. You know .. to see the family show up for a theater premiere, to see the family participate in things together, to see local news about the children participate in sports-related things, etc. But everything in Denmark is so limited, so we do not get out so much. Any of us. Royal or not. Fortunately, F&M has been good at sharing photos, especially throughout the summer.

On 11/18/2020 at 11:46 AM, JosephineDane said:

But yes it is not as usual, or pre COVID-19, where the couple's calendar always were full of many events. I believe that simple not many official events are planned in Denmark at this time as they very likely not can be held. I think F&M participates in those there are. I do not think the court omits information and pictures from unofficial visits. Again, I simply don’t think there are many who is planned these times. In Denmark, we have succeeded in getting the infection rates to not increase, but we have not succeeded in making them fall, so I certainly think we should expect that the assembly ban of 10 people will apply for the rest of the year.

The max 10 people is now until 13. December. Nothing was mentioned about the max 500 to events like concerts and conferences where people are sitting down, facing a stage.

After today, we have an empty official calendar for the CPC, at least for the moment. Yesterday, only 1 event was added for Princess Benedikte and a change of residence for the Queen to Amalienborg from the beginning of December. They have a couple of events next week.

Time will tell if something will be added or if unofficial events will pop up next week until the calendar is updated (or not) again.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.bt.dk/samfund/saadan-lukker-danmark-ned

New restrictions in Denmark in 38 municipalities including Copenhagen from Wednesday, including

Pupils from 5th grade and older are sent home and will get digital education.

Which means, Christian and Isabella will get back to home teaching but the twins will be going to school.

The current restrictions will be until end of February 2021, including the max 10 people gathering.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/julen-skal-reddes-isabella-og-christian-sendes-hjem-fra-skole

Prince Christian tested positive for COVID-19 today

Yesterday, Sunday 6 December 2020, the Crown Prince Couple were briefed about a local outbreak of COVID-19 at Tranegårdskolen in Hellerup.

Subsequently, Prince Christian has tested positive for COVID-19.

His Royal Highness is in isolation in Frederik VIII’s Palace at Amalienborg. Other than the Crown Prince family, Prince Christian has not been in contact with other members of the royal family very recently.

In connection with the test result, the Royal Danish House has received guidance from the Danish Patient Safety Authority concerning infection detection and testing of the Crown Prince family. In coming days, the family will stay in isolation in Frederik VIII’s Palace until it is once again safe to discontinue the isolation according to the existing guidelines.

The press release doesn't mention it, but I guess his siblings were tested at the same time as they are all in the same school.

And their parents too.

https://www.bt.dk/royale/prins-christian-testet-positiv-for-coronavirus

B.T. would like to hear more about Prince Christian's condition, but it has not yet been possible to get further comments on the infection from the Royal House.

I think it was mentioned somewhere, that Christian's age group 15-24 is the ones with most new positives. Big school Tranegårdskolen.

3 minutes ago, Paulamary said:

I'm guessing this will affect Frederik and Mary's events this week. 

It must do. I don't know how long they are going to have to quarantine. I guess the time also depends on possible other positive test in the family.

https://www.sst.dk/en/English/Corona-eng/Symptoms_tested-positive-or-a-close-contact/Contact-tracking-and-close-contacts

Regardless of whether you have symptoms or not, if you test positive, you must:

1. Self-isolate immediately.
    You must isolate yourself at home until 48 hours after your symptoms are gone. 
    If you do not develop symptoms, you must remain isolated until 7 days after taking the test.

Regardless of whether you have symptoms or not, if you are a close contact, you must make sure to be tested twice:

• At the earliest, the first test must be taken 4 days after you have last been in close contact with the person who has tested positive for novel coronavirus. 
  • You must take the second test two days after the first test. It is imperative the you take the second test to make sure that you are not infected – regardless of whether the first test was negative or not.

In special cases, as close contact, you might have to be tested on days other than the 4th and 6th day after you were last close to the infected person.

If you care for an infected child, for example, you have been continuously exposed to the infection.

The attendance at official events cancelled

10. December

AFLYST: H.K.H. Kronprinsen forestår overrækkelse af Dagbladet Børsens Gazellepris. Det Kongelige Danske Musikkonservatorium, Rosenørns Allé 22, Frederiksberg, kl. 15.40.

13. December

AFLYST: Kronprinsparret overværer DR Pigekorets julekoncert. DR Koncerthuset, København, kl. 16.00.

Also, Queen Margrethe's event/or her attendance on the 16th is cancelled.

I am back after 10 days as I unfortunately tested positive for Covid19 on Friday 27th November. I'm a nurse and it had to happen one day.
I'm good again, but have had a week where I was pretty sick.

I'm sorry to hear that Prince Christian has also tested positive for Covid19.
I wish him the best and fastest recovery. ❤️ Fortunately, he is a young and strong boy and the young people tend to have mild courses (if they at all have any symptoms).

My thoughts also go to the rest of the Crown Prince family, who I hope will go free of the virus. ❤️

I hope Prince Christian plays a lot of Playstation, eat a lot of ice cream and watch a lot of funny videos on Youtube.

It is difficult to isolate oneself in a family, but one comes a long way with keeping a distance. 

We can see that Frederik and Mary have canceled their events this week.
I had otherwise been looking so much forward to on Sunday when the Crown Prince family should have attended a Christmas concert. 
I had been looking forward to seeing Frederik, Mary and all 4 children out and about. Cause it has been such a strange corona year and I miss seeing Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine in action 

But all events where we always tend to see them have been canceled.
Most recently the Hubertus Hunt, the ‘Kongejagt’ and now the Christmas concert. And that's just the way it is and should be, but that's don’t mean you can’t miss seeing the CP family ❤️
Especially because all four of the children are growing so fast these years. Thanks to F&M for sharing a lot of photos throughout the corona year on the DRF’s social media.

As a last thing I do hope we, as a tradition, soon will get 'The Crown Prince family's annual Christmas greeting'. 
Although it may be a little delayed all depending on how fast Christian's recovers.

3 minutes ago, JosephineDane said:

I am back after 10 days as I unfortunately tested positive for Covid19 on Friday 27th November. I'm a nurse and it had to happen one day.
I'm good again, but have had a week where I was pretty sick.

Just yesterday, I was thinking about you and wondering if you were ok. I am glad you are ok now 👍

I hope that we at some point get an update about Christian and the family.