CPF attends 2020 Schools' Sports Day

mls

9. oktober 2020

H.K.H. Kronprinsen er til stede ved Skolernes Motionsdag på Nivå Skole.

Niverødvej 38, Nivå, kl. 8.25.

9. October 2020, 8:25 am

HRH The Crown Prince attends Schools' Day of Physical Activity at Nivå School.

Niverødvej 38, Nivå

The Schools' Sports/Physical Excercise Day is held every year in week 41. Danish school students from all over the country participate in an active day with a focus on physical exercise and community.

Due to the situation regarding corona virus, the traditional joint school events have been replaced by a series of small events in which students participate in classes or in year groups.

https://skoleidraet.dk/idraetsfaget/omraader/idraetsdage-og-den-åbne-skole/skolernes-motionsdag/fakta-om-skolernes-motionsdag/

Since 1982, Danish School Sports has arranged the Schools' Exercise Day - an annual sports tradition where children all over the country exercise together.

"Sports and exercise are incredibly important for children and young people. Not least in a time of crisis like now, when many sports communities are challenged in the wake of Covid-19. However, some traditions are so entrenched that even during a health crisis, they can be done. One such is the Schools' Exercise Day, which is the world's largest exercise event for school children with normally 650,000 participating school students across the country.

There will not be quite as many this year, but Danish School Sports has conducted a study which shows that 8 out of 10 schools maintain the day. This happens in newly thought-out editions, where large joint school events have been replaced by many small events, where the students typically have an active day in classes or in year groups.

- The schools' Exercise Day is more important this year than ever. To that extent, the students need an active day with good energy, which in a difficult time can strengthen the well-being of the class and remind us all how wonderful it is to get moving and be together about an activity, says Bjørn Friis Neerfeldt, Secretary General in Danish School Sports, which is behind the Schools' Exercise Day."

"Four expectant children on the last day of school before the autumn holidays.

Like for so many other primary school students, the day will be marked by sports on the traditional Schools Exercise Day. It will of course be a different day of exercise than we are used to. But I know that around the whole of Denmark, the day has been organized so that the students can keep the necessary distance, but still maintain the community around exercise and sports enjoyment. I myself get the opportunity to experience it in a little while when I visit Nivå School and their exercise day. I want to wish all students and teachers a good Schools Exercise Day - and at the same time a good autumn holiday."

- H.R.H. the Crown Prince

Edited by mls

From the video

"- I just sent my own children off, the oldest to play beach volleyball on the beach, it is probably a bit cold, but then they just have to jump a little higher, he says encouragingly at the excited students and stresses how important exercise is:
- I like to run and exercise a lot myself, and I hope you will do the same, if you do not already have sports that you practice, because you get really happy of it, the Crown Prince said,
before sending the kids off to warm up."

2 hours ago, Paulamary said:

"All four have the motivation to move. The girls ride and they all play tennis. The boys have played a little football too. They are certainly not afraid to get moving." - Frederik 

Wasn't there something about Christian and gymnastics some years ago, or do I remember that wrong?

8 hours ago, Paulamary said:

I think there was. Especially around the time Frederik had the accident with his neck. Christian and friends were having a party on trampolines. 

That's what I was thinking of. It was his birthday party, I think, which means it was around this weekend that year. Maybe he did gymnastics back then but not anymore.