The DRF & COVID-19

mls

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.kongehuset.dk/en/news/hrh-the-crown-princess-has-tested-positive-for-covid-19-today

"HRH The Crown Princess has tested positive for COVID-19 today, Wednesday, 15 December 2021.

Her Royal Highness is staying in isolation at  Frederik VIII's Palace at Amalienborg. There is no indication that others in the family are infected. 

In connection with the test result, the Royal House of Denmark is receiving advice from the Danish Patient Safety Authority concerning detection of infection.

The Crown Princess will remain in isolation until it is once again safe to end the isolation according to the applicable guidelines."

25 minutes ago, Izzieq said:

Oh no!  I hope she's feeling okay and the symptoms are mild.  Good thing no one else tested positive! 

No one else so far....but almost exactly a year ago when Christian had it, the rest of the family did not.

I hope Mary will be ok soon. I wonder if she had had her 3rd jab?  I had mine this morning.

https://www.kongehuset.dk/en/news/hrh-the-crown-princess-has-tested-positive-for-covid-19-today

59 minutes ago, Paulamary said:

Do we know when she got her covid vaccine? I know we saw a picture of Frederik receiving his. 

No, we don't.

Frederik got his first 18. May. Mary is a few years younger, her age group was May-June perhaps? This is, of course, assuming she doesn't have

a medical condition. No idea when they would have had the second, or if they've had the third.

1 hour ago, mls said:

No one else so far....but almost exactly a year ago when Christian had it, the rest of the family did not.

I hope Mary will be ok soon. I wonder if she had had her 3rd jab?  I had mine this morning.

Oh that's true...last year it was Christian due to an outbreak at his school.  My parents and I get our booster this Friday.   Here is hoping that the rest of the family stays testing negative. 

Edited:  I wonder if she got tested because she was feeling under the weather or if she was contacted about being in close contact with someone who tested positive.  She had the one engagement last week at the Cancer Center.  (OT:   Now CP Haakon of Norway is in quarantine after having close contact with someone who has tested positive).

2 hours ago, mls said:

Mary/the family will not necessarily make it to Aarhus for Christmas

https://www.seoghoer.dk/kongelige/kronprinsesse-mary-er-smittet-med-coronavirus

"SE og HØR has tried to get a comment from the Royal House. We would like to ask if the infection will affect Mary's plans for Christmas. The fact that Mary has had a positive test today may mean that she misses Christmas Eve. But it depends on whether she has symptoms or not and for how long she may have symptoms.

This is how it is in the current guidelines for isolation. If she is asymptomatic, she must be in isolation for ten days. That is, she can only break the isolation on December 25th. If she has symptoms, she can break the isolation after 48 hours without symptoms. If Mary is only affected for a few days, she can therefore break the isolation before Christmas."

7 hours ago, Izzieq said:

Regardless of which one it is, they may opt to just stay at home instead of traveling to Aarhus even if she can break the isolation a few days before Christmas.  

I think it's more likely they stay in Copenhagen for Christmas. Especially if another member of the family tests positive.

Funny, BTW, how news travel: "she is isolating in a wing at Amalienborg Palace"...Now, where does the wing come from?

Nothing in the press release about a "wing". Ánd, there is no "Amalienborg Palace".

39 minutes ago, mls said:

I think it's more likely they stay in Copenhagen for Christmas. Especially if another member of the family tests positive.

Funny, BTW, how news travel: "she is isolating in a wing at Amalienborg Palace"...Now, where does the wing come from?

Nothing in the press release about a "wing". Ánd, there is no "Amalienborg Palace".

That's funny.  They don't even try to be accurate.  I'm assuming she's isolating in a guest room or something outside the section where their private rooms are.  

Staying at home is the best idea imo and keeping fingers crossed no one else tests positive.  

https://www.seoghoer.dk/kongelige/kongehuset-bekraefter-kronprinsesse-mary-er-vaccineret-mod-coronavirus

"Crown Princess Mary, who is infected with coronavirus, has been vaccinated against coronavirus. This was confirmed by the Royal House's communication department to SE og HØR. However, it is not possible to say whether the 49-year-old crown princess has received the 1st, 2nd or 3rd vaccination, or which vaccine she has received.

It has not been reported before that Mary has been vaccinated against coronavirus. But the Royal House wants to confirm this now that she has been found infected."

"The Royal Family does not want to disclose how badly or mildly she has been affected by the virus."     

"So if the case is that she is asymptomatic, she has to be in isolation for ten days. Thus, she can not break the isolation before Christmas.

If, on the other hand, she has symptoms, Mary must be symptom-free for 48 hours before she can move around the world freely again.

If the symptoms are gone on December 22 or before, she should be able to attend the planned Christmas Eve."

It would have been a huge surprise to hear that she hadn't been vaccinated....The "doesn't want to disclose if it's bad or mild" (or anything) is a bit...

11 minutes ago, Izzieq said:

What is all that about...don't want to disclose the level of severity or mildness.  Was that information made known when Christian had covid last year?  Whether his symptoms were mild or not?

The second press release last year said "Prince Christian has not had symptoms" It was released 4 days after the first when the rest of the family would

have had to be tested (again).

https://www.kongehuset.dk/en/media-centre/press-releases/press-release-the-crown-prince-couple-and-their-three-younger-children-have-tested-negative-for

We don't know what was actually said, only what S&H wrote. Maybe it was just a "we consider that private" to most of the questions.

4 minutes ago, mls said:

The second press release last year said "Prince Christian has not had symptoms"

https://www.kongehuset.dk/en/media-centre/press-releases/press-release-the-crown-prince-couple-and-their-three-younger-children-have-tested-negative-for

We don't know what was actually said, only what S&H wrote. Maybe it was just a "we consider that private" to most of the questions.

That is true.  Keeping fingers crossed that she has no symptoms and if she does that they're mild.  

For those who may think they (Mary) would be stupid enough to break rules about self-isolation....🙄

We don't know if she has been asymptomatic or not. S&H has contacted the court several times and asked but they got a "it is considered private" answer. Last year, Christian was asymptomatic and had to self-isolate for 10 days. Seems to be 7 days now.

https://en.coronasmitte.dk/infected

"Infection-free

You are free from infection and can stop self-isolating when you have been symptom-free for 48 hours. If you haven’t had symptoms, you should self-isolate until seven days after your test was taken."