CPM International Women's Day 2021 events

mls

8. marts 2021

H.K.H. Kronprinsessen deltager i UN Women og Boston Consulting Group’s virtuelle møde ”Gender Diversity’s Round table 2021”, kl. 9.00.

8. March 2021, 9:00 AM

HRH The Crown Princess participates in the UN Women and Boston Consulting Group’s virtual "Gender Diversity Roundtable 2021.

https://www.genderdiversity.dk/

8. marts 2021

H.K.H. Kronprinsessen deltager i virtuelt møde i FN’s Befolkningsfonds (UNFPA) højniveaukommission for ICPD25, kl. 14.00.

8. March 2021, 2:00 pm

HRH The Crown Princess participates in a virtual meeting with the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) High Level Commission for ICPD25.

https://kongehuset.dk/en/news/hrh-the-crown-princess-joins-unfpas-new-independent-high-level-commission-on-the-nairobi-summit-on

8. March - International Women's Day 2021

HRH Crown Princess Mary, Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen, Sofie Linde, Kwamie life and many many more join this evening when we broadcast live on

International Women's Day

Live 8pm local time

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMKVM-WA3eN/

During breakfast this morning, my youngest daughter Josephine spotted a headline saying it was International Women's Day.

She asked, "What kind of day is this?" I thought briefly about my answer and said that for her it is a day where she must believe and trust that she can do and become  everything she dreams of without anyone or anything stopping her… .. because she's a girl.

She did not ask any further questions, so maybe my answer was no surprise to her. Maybe it's something she takes for granted. But that's not the case for many other girls around the world. And Women's International Day has different meanings depending on where in the world you live.

But no matter where you live, it is an important day where we not only talk about how far we have come, but also about where we have come from and where we want to go.

On the occasion of the day, I attend three meetings- unfortunately all virtually. A roundtable discussion on diversity and inclusion in management with UN Women and Boston Consulting Group and a meeting of UNFPA's High Level Commission on women's right to decide over their own bodies. Tonight I am part of Kvinfo's virtual celebration of the day.

For me, equality is not that everyone should be the same, but - as I said to Josephine - that gender should not play a role when opportunities present themselves and decisions are made ... or when following your dreams.

- H.R.H. The Crown Princess

Her Royal Highness the Crown Princess video greeting at KVINFO's online event tonight:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMK66-3gq_c/

- Gender equality is not a woman's matter, but a matter for everyone.
(HRH The Crown Princess)

As always, Mary is strong and loving in her communication - and she speaks so pleasantly and calmly.

8 hours ago, mls said:

A fine and personal way for Crown Princess Mary to mark The International Women’s Day - especially her post about her conversation this morning with Josephine - and a wise answer Mary gave her daughter.

Josephine accepted that answer without wondering much more about it and maybe may take it for granted - and good! That's the way it should be.

In large parts of the world daughters don’t have that equality and a thank to CP Mary for her contribution to illuminating and fighting for equal rights for girls and women.