CPF attends Invictus Games medal ceremony

mls

4. juni 2021

H.K.H. Kronprinsen deltager i Invictus Games medaljeceremoni.

Svanemøllens Kaserne, Center for Militær Fysisk Træning, København, kl. 13.10.

4. June 2021, 1:10 pm

HRH The Crown Prince attends Invictus Games medal ceremony.

Svanemøllen Barracks, Center for Military Physical Training, Copenhagen

Invictus Games in The Hague in the Netherlands 2020/2021 has been postponed until April 2022 due to the situation regarding COVID-19. In recognition of the veterans' participation in the event, the Invictus Games Foundation marks the week where the games should have taken place in 2021, with a medal ceremony. At the medal ceremony, the Invictus coin will be presented to the Invictus Games Team Denmark participants who should have left for the Invictus Games in The Hague in 2020/2021.

In addition, five Danish veterans must have presented the Defense Medal for the Fallen and Wounded in Service.

From the MoD

"These days, Danish veterans should have participated in Invictus Games in The Hague. It was cancelled - yet they deserve great respect for their hard work to get there. Together with HRH the Crown Prince, TrineBramsen today said thank you for the efforts of them and their relatives."

E3CkQnLWUAQ3Bk6?format=jpg&name=large

E3CkQmSWUAEkY3H?format=jpg&name=large

E3CkQoMXEAQmjZZ?format=jpg&name=large

Thanks Paulamary - I'll add the bigger versions

https://forsvaret.dk/da/nyheder/2021/invictusgamesmedaljeceremoni/

"For five of the participants on the team, the event at Svanemøllen Barracks was a very special occasion. His Royal Highness the Crown Prince presented the Defense Medal for the Wounded in the Service to Wanda Salech, Jesper Smollerup, Geert Nielsen, Martin Schreier and Jari Stefan Ylänen.

"We are pleased that His Royal Highness the Crown Prince has agreed to present the medals. The medal is a recognition of the veterans' efforts and sacrifice, and the recognition cannot be greater when it is presented by such a prominent representative of Danish society, ”says Claus Bodilsen.

"For me, it is an acknowledgment of my injury that I get the medal. And it was great to have the medal presented by the Crown Prince. As always, he had a twinkle in his eye, so it was fantastic and made it an extra special experience, ”says Martin Schreier."

-kp_overrakker-medalje-2021-artikel.jpg

-clauskpfmchfst-2021-artikel.jpg

-mange_tilhorere-2021-artikel.jpg