DRF King's Hunts 2021

mls

• 3 weeks later...

No mentioning as to which members of the family attend but Crown Prince Frederik tends to participate in the hunt.

There is press access to the game parade, the one with the dead animals, at 5 pm local time.

Years ago, we used to have the occasional photo from the ladies outing but not for some time now. This used to be a much bigger do

when Prince Henrik was in charge of it, with various European princes attending.

Article in BB

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/nu-er-kongejagten-i-gang-margrethe-og-kronprinsparret-nyder-stor-dag

According to the article it is actually Frederik hosting the hunt:

Today, Crown Prince Frederik hosts the actual hunt, where several from the royal family's close circle of friends participate.

7 minutes ago, Paulamary said:

gallery, please note their are dead deer on display

Very nice of you to say that :rose: I usually just splash away all the photos.

I live in a country with a huge amount of people hunting....Used to seeing lots of photos of dead elk and other animals.

_han7802_1_1.jpg?w=688&fp-x=0.5&fp-y=0.5

5 minutes ago, mls said:

Very nice of you to say that :rose: I usually just splash away all the photos.

I live in a country with a huge amount of people hunting....Used to seeing lots of photos of dead elk and other animals.

_han7802_1_1.jpg?w=688&fp-x=0.5&fp-y=0.5

Agree. It doesn't bother me at all, as I am not vegetarian but I know for some it might. 

Also, forgive the "their" instead of "there"  ; )

Thanks for the warning.  While I am not a vegetarian and I understand that there is a humane purpose behind these hunts and they are done responsibly, within the rules and by experienced hunters, I am still a little wary of seeing photos of the dead game.  I am not clutching my pearls or anything, I think just the optics of it is hard for me to see.    

This used to be a much bigger do when PH was in charge of it. I don't think we've had photos from the ladies outings for years, if they still exist.

Lots of European princes and their wives attending: German, Italian and so on. I think it used to be a 2 or 3 day thing. Could be that some of them

are invited but there are so much less photos.

1 hour ago, mls said:

This used to be a much bigger do when PH was in charge of it. I don't think we've had photos from the ladies outings for years, if they still exist.

Lots of European princes and their wives attending: German, Italian and so on. I think it used to be a 2 or 3 day thing. Could be that some of them

are invited but there are so much less photos.

Interesting.  Could it be that maybe there are more hunts held with less people in attendance at each hunt?  

24 minutes ago, Izzieq said:

Interesting.  Could it be that maybe there are more hunts held with less people in attendance at each hunt?  

If you mean the other hunts that Frederik is hosting, they have been held for many years. Joachim has hosted some of them and PH too some years ago.