• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

"Nearly 70 women and children live at a secret address in Kabul. They have fled from brutal violence and live cut off from the outside world because of the risk of being

killed by their families. Mary Akrami is the woman behind the women's crisis center, which is one of the few places where Afghan women can seek security.

The Mary Foundation's special $ 50,000 donation goes to the shelter in 2018"

http://www.maryfonden.dk/da/saerlig-donation-2018

http://kongehuset.dk/nyheder/mary-fonden-stoetter-kvindekrisecenter-i-afghanistan

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

https://www.instagram.com/p/By5GgFLBZJp/

"We look forward to Saturday's Free of Bullying Childrens Relay in Fælledparken, where approx. 2,000 children run for the good community and against bullying

This year, the children are joined by H.R.H. The Crown Princess, who runs the four rounds with the children (4x1 km) with Free of Bullying's Bamsefriend as a relay.
All children get a t-shirt and a starting number that they can write their own name on. Also the Crown Princess."

image.png.6811b784da022eb56e9e342493fc58d4.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.facebook.com/maryfonden/photos/a.159004170814180/2450668741647700/?type=3&theater

"Yesterday, the Mary Foundation received the Public Health Award 2019 for our work on fighting loneliness.

“The Mary Foundation makes a lot of effort both on loneliness and other areas of action that are important for mental health. In particular, we have noted that the Mary Foundation is a driving force in detabooing and that the Mary Foundation is building its work on research, ”said Chairman of the Danish Society for Public Health Ulla Tofte in her reasoning when the award was presented to the Director of the Mary Foundation Helle Østergaard. last night.

Helle Østergaard acknowledged with a big thank you and and that we all do what we can to combat loneliness: “There are lonely people of all ages and there are more and more of them. Loneliness can have major consequences for the individual - both mentally and physically. Therefore, we must do what we can to help more people out of loneliness ”.

• 4 weeks later...

i think this is the right place for this, from the Mary foundation facebook

" I am very impressed by the way you each have taken off mobberi for you. And I'm so grateful that everyone is working so well on the program. When I've been around visiting kindergartens in some of the countries that work with free of mobberi and seen the children, and the difference the program makes for them, I'll be happy all the way in the heart ".

The Crown Princess attended when this week together with the red child we gathered project leaders for free of mobberi in Greenland, Estonia, Iceland, Faroe Islands and Romania to exchange good experiences with free of the mobberi programme and the latest knowledge of bullying prevention. Among other things, we visited the vibenshus holiday home to show a good example of a place where free of mobberi has become part of the institution's dna.

It is the fifth year in a row, we gather the countries that work with free of mobberi. In addition to sparring and exchange of experience, the theme of the year is children's digital life. Read more about free of mobberi in other countries: http://www.maryfonden.dk/da/fri-for-mobberi-i-andre-lande

image.thumb.png.034395a503345608303f30f148dfe2b8.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

https://www.maryfonden.dk/da/paaskehilsen

"The Mary Foundation's Chairman H.R.H. The Crown Princess sends an Easter greeting on the basis on some of the challenges the Corona crisis brings.

"The last four weeks have been some of the most different and violent I have experienced. This is how I think most of us see it.

Our familiar world and everyday life has suddenly become quite another.

Now it is Easter, and also it is completely different than it usually is.

Some of the things that affect me the most, and which I can also see affect many others, is the absence of friends, family, colleagues and others who usually play a role in our everyday lives. It can become even clearer to us right now during Easter days, where we tend to gather with those closest to us.

We may notice a bit of the deprivation that many people in our society live with on a daily basis. Loneliness is the everyday cost of some Danes. This applies, among other things, to an ever increasing proportion of our young people. Many feel lonely and miss close relationships in their lives. That was the case before the Corona crisis, but there is a risk that it will be even worse now.

Over the last more than 10 years, we have at the Mary Foundation worked to combat loneliness and social isolation. Therefore, we are also very aware of the consequences that the crisis will undoubtedly have on the loneliness of the Danes.

In fact, not only loneliness is in danger of increasing at the moment . There is also evidence that there is a risk that the level of domestic violence is on the rise.

We know that stress and pressure can escalate violence in a relationship. And when the family is under the same roof day in and day out without having a break, the violence can become even more violent and unbearable - both for the victim and for the children who witness the violence.

Also, community exclusion and bullying can affect children during this time, despite the fact that schools are closed. The feeling of being on the edge of community or outside does not disappear because schools are closing physically. The dynamics can live on digitally and the work on well-being in schools should therefore remain the focus.

At the Mary Foundation, we are doing everything we can to continue our projects and programs, even though Denmark is closed down - and will be for a good while yet. For we know that as soon as Denmark opens up again, we need to push for good, strong and healthy relationships and communities to be re-established, re-established and sustained.

If we are to get through the crisis together and mitigate the consequences on the other, it will require some of us all.

I already see a lot of great initiatives from organizations and individuals doing what they can to reach out to those who suffer the greatest social deprivation right now. I'm really pleased and I hope that we will continue to stand together, even though we may not be physically close to each other.

HRH Crown Princess Mary

Foto:Kongehuset. A memory of a past Easter

https://www.maryfonden.dk/files/styles/inner-page-wide/public/Pa%CC%8Aske%202013%20001_0.JPG?itok=2gxj1hOZ

22. April

"Today, we held a board meeting in the Mary Foundation under very different circumstances than usual.
Like everyone else, we have to keep our distance and we met at Teams.

We also don't usually communicate from these meetings - or take pictures for that matter. But I think this particular situation calls for us to open up a little more on

what's going on at the Mary Foundation right now.

Today's most important issue was that the consequences of the Corona crisis actually hit straight into many of the challenges we face in the Mary Foundation.
There is a risk that more people feel lonely, domestic violence escalating, and isolation and physical distance will go beyond the well-being of children and young people.

At today's meeting, we talked about what we at Mary Foundation is doing to focus and help solve the problems that follow in the wake of the Corona crisis.
For new paths must be thought of. There was good support from the board for the initiatives that are already underway, and new good ideas came up at the meeting, which we are now working on.

- H.R.H. the Crown Princess"

That's Caroline Heering, Helle Østergaard, Director of The Mary Foundation, Mary. Not sure about the 4th.

https://scontent.fhen1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/p720x720/93599475_3149732781741289_903105848526503936_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=SeF5UtpZcmgAX8kgXkN&_nc_ht=scontent.fhen1-1.fna&_nc_tp=6&oh=493f8ce28a96bb5a57fb3c096b9afc93&oe=5EC79A6C

• 2 weeks later...

"It's never okay to bully and everyone has a right to a place in the community!

That is the serious and important message that we have been running for the last 12 years for Free of Bullying Children's Relay.

The Children's Relay marks the joy of community and I have enjoyed running several times and experiencing the joy and enthusiasm the children show by running together
and standing together to say no to bullying.

Today we should have run in the Memorial Park in Aarhus, but unfortunately the Children's Relay is canceled this year both in Aarhus and Copenhagen.
But even though we cannot physically gather, we can still stand together to pay tribute to the good community and say no to bullying.

I look forward to being able to run together again. And I wish everyone a nice Sunday. - H.R.H. the Crown Princess"

• mls locked this topic