Queen Margrethe & Prince Henrik - part 7

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it quite astonishing that a large guardsman could be bitten by a small dachshund! This must be serious or it would not have been reported. My mind is full of questions....What was the guardsman doing to the dog? Was it the same guardsman that was bitten time? How do the guardsmen have access to the dog? A very bizarre story indeed! :)

The papers write about the incident. Not least BT have gone in depth with the issue. It turns out that several guardsmen have been bit by Evita.

A large guardsman can easily be bitten by a small dog. You know how it is. A dog running free can come up to you to say hello, to sniff or to yap at you. And the step from that to be bitten is very small.

Few young conscripts are prepared to kick the dog or to grab it and throw it along the lawn when they are aggressive, which is the only way a non-owner can make a stand against a lose dog.

And what if you are afraid of dogs? They can sense it on the spot.

The incident has routinely been reported as a work related accident. On a normal workplace the safety representative would demand that the dogs are kept away from employees, if not, the department for safety on workplaces (Arbejdstilsynet) will step in and issue such a demand, which must be obeyed.

The guardsmen are just standing guard. Every fifteen minuttes they are required to walk a certain stretch. For circulation and to have a little look around. - The problem is that they all smell differently and they don't back off, when the dogs tell them to.

The problem is enhanced when the pack leaders, QMII and PH are away, as was the case in this incidence. Then the dogs will react more aggressively against someone on what they see as their territory.

That's why we never ever let our children walk our dog alone. No matter how good natured he is. He may suddenly see it as his duty to take charge and then all things can happen!

To let them run lose on the lawn is in my opinion downright irresponsable. They should be kept in an enclosure or a leash at all times. And Evita, put her down. - She has repeatedly bitten other people, it's normal for her now. What if she suddenly decides to sink her teeth into Christian or Isabella or some of their playmates, because they have "misbehaved" in her opinion? - I bet Frederik would ring her neck on the spot.

- I wonder if I could ask our exellent newsdigger Aus73 to keep an eye on the articles in BT for us?

So Vega has never bitten anyone?

I find it quite astonishing that a large guardsman could be bitten by a small dachshund! This must be serious or it would not have been reported. My mind is full of questions....What was the guardsman doing to the dog? Was it the same guardsman that was bitten time? How do the guardsmen have access to the dog? A very bizarre story indeed! :rose:

The papers write about the incident. Not least BT have gone in depth with the issue. It turns out that several guardsmen have been bit by Evita.

A large guardsman can easily be bitten by a small dog. You know how it is. A dog running free can come up to you to say hello, to sniff or to yap at you. And the step from that to be bitten is very small.

Few young conscripts are prepared to kick the dog or to grab it and throw it along the lawn when they are aggressive, which is the only way a non-owner can make a stand against a lose dog.

And what if you are afraid of dogs? They can sense it on the spot.

The incident has routinely been reported as a work related accident. On a normal workplace the safety representative would demand that the dogs are kept away from employees, if not, the department for safety on workplaces (Arbejdstilsynet) will step in and issue such a demand, which must be obeyed.

The guardsmen are just standing guard. Every fifteen minuttes they are required to walk a certain stretch. For circulation and to have a little look around. - The problem is that they all smell differently and they don't back off, when the dogs tell them to.

The problem is enhanced when the pack leaders, QMII and PH are away, as was the case in this incidence. Then the dogs will react more aggressively against someone on what they see as their territory.

That's why we never ever let our children walk our dog alone. No matter how good natured he is. He may suddenly see it as his duty to take charge and then all things can happen!

To let them run lose on the lawn is in my opinion downright irresponsable. They should be kept in an enclosure or a leash at all times. And Evita, put her down. - She has repeatedly bitten other people, it's normal for her now. What if she suddenly decides to sink her teeth into Christian or Isabella or some of their playmates, because they have "misbehaved" in her opinion? - I bet Frederik would ring her neck on the spot.

- I wonder if I could ask our exellent newsdigger Aus73 to keep an eye on the articles in BT for us?

I agree-the dogs should certainly be kept in an enclosed run and not let loose-we lost ours to a car when he saw his girlfriend across the road! However, dachshunds are notoriously yappy, so perhaps there is a noise problem that would have facilitated the decision to let them run loose. Clearly, however, this is not a good idea. Evita's namesake died as a martyr to her people-maybe a Danish musical is in the future?

:beer2:

Courtesy of BT.dk & Google Translate.

http://www.bt.dk/article/20090604/royalt/90604005/

"Prins Henriks gravhund amok - garder fik benet bidt til blods."

http://translate.google.se/translate?js=n&...history_state0=

http://www.bt.dk/article/20090604/royalt/90604079/

"Hundepsykolog: Prins Henriks hund fortjener en chance til."

http://translate.google.se/translate?js=n&...history_state0=

I don't understand why dogs are put down for biting someone. I have heard "once they get the taste of blood..." but I don't buy that. While they have been domesticated for years they are still animals and animals just like humans when in a situation they feel threatened by will react by instinct. Cats bite, but you don't see them getting put down. I think once a dog bites, it must go through some kind of rehabilitation along with the owner. It is the OWNERS responsibility to have the dog on a leash no matter WHO they are and that the dog is trained. I pass people and dogs all the time on my way to and from work and some I will ask if I can pat and some I don't even bother. I just hate the idea of humans feeling like they can kill any animal because it doesn't behave the way we want it to. it's not necessarily the animal's fault. Granted there are some plain nasty animals...just like there are plain nasty people and in my opinion I think a good number of people need to be put down before the animals are.

Guest Valentine
'Danish Gobelin Art At The Royal Castle' - Exhibition Opening

HELSINGOR, DENMARK - JUNE 08: Queen Margrethe of Denmark attends the opening of exhibition 'Danish Gobelin Art At The Royal Castle' at Kronborg Castle on June 8, 2009 in Helsingor, Denmark.

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.a...entId=88233219#

Photos of this event are also available at WireImage

Thanks Aus73 :lol:

I don't know what's the matter with BT these days, they are boiling soup on the old story when Prince Henrik had a fit and went to France sulking, because Frederik was the official host at a New Year court.

He hasn't said he want's to have the title of king, just that he would like equal status with a queen, married to a king. In principle. - That is ranking above the crown prince/princess. Which is silly in my opinion, because neither he, nor Mary have a constitutional role. So the rank would be empty.

Well, I can't see the big problem here. He has that status in anything but name. He is not addressed "you majesty" as Mary will be. - So what?

I find it silly, that we for the sake of titles, gender egality and political correctness, have to give prince consorts the title of king in an ancient and very traditional concept like a monarchy.

A marriage between a king and a queen, is not and has traditionally never been equal. A king has always ranked higher. A king is percieved as higher ranking. And honestly, what is the problem with being a prince consort?

Let us not spoil something that is working and is quite charming, with political correctness.

If the prince consorts of this world can't live with having that title, too bad! - Don't marry royals then.

- Gender egality is another matter. This is about one gender not being better suited for a particular job than the other sex. All through history we have seen quite a few very competent queens, so of course gender egality should be applied.

But titles, they are just titles.

Henrik's main issue seems to have been his ranking in comparison to that of his son. Did Margrethe take precedence over her mother Queen Ingrid when King Frederik was alive? If she did then I don't see why Henrik is upset, as nothing would have changed. If, OTOH, Queen Ingrid used to outrank her daughter, well, I can see why Henrik might be a bit put out. Although it was something that would have been better dealt with in private, I think.

Henrik's main issue seems to have been his ranking in comparison to that of his son. Did Margrethe take precedence over her mother Queen Ingrid when King Frederik was alive? If she did then I don't see why Henrik is upset, as nothing would have changed. If, OTOH, Queen Ingrid used to outrank her daughter, well, I can see why Henrik might be a bit put out. Although it was something that would have been better dealt with in private, I think.

Queen Ingrid was a Majesty and formally outranked her daughter, except constitutionally. But as Majesty and Queen she also acted as regent, which PH don't. - So in that respect she and PH are not equal.

But what's the big deal? How much higher can you get in a society if you are the husband to a monarch?

And in PH's case it's hardly a secret that he is the unofficial head of the family.

It's a mindset I personally cannot understand. I would be luminescent with pride over Frederik, if I were in PH's shoes.

And he has a problem about being formally outranked by his son. Well, bou hou. That's one of his main purposes in life, to prepare Frederik and be overshadowed by him.

What will he do if Margrethe should die before him? Then he will be completely outranked, by not only his son but his daughter-in-law.

So forgive me, but my sympathy for his sentiments in this respect are very limited indeed.

Queen Ingrid was a Majesty and formally outranked her daughter, except constitutionally. But as Majesty and Queen she also acted as regent, which PH don't. - So in that respect she and PH are not equal.

But what's the big deal? How much higher can you get in a society if you are the husband to a monarch?

And in PH's case it's hardly a secret that he is the unofficial head of the family.

It's a mindset I personally cannot understand. I would be luminescent with pride over Frederik, if I were in PH's shoes.

And he has a problem about being formally outranked by his son. Well, bou hou. That's one of his main purposes in life, to prepare Frederik and be overshadowed by him.

What will he do if Margrethe should die before him? Then he will be completely outranked, by not only his son but his daughter-in-law.

So forgive me, but my sympathy for his sentiments in this respect are very limited indeed.

I believe that PH is exhibiting the infamous French quality of 'chercher la petite bete'. The protocol of precedence is especially important for some reason in France-you would think that a country that chops off the heads of their monarchs would be more democratic :shrug: -but where you sit at a table, who your table partner is depends on the rank of your importance-so PH wants to make sure he is the 'biggest cheese at the table-next to HM of course! :rose:

I agree, and I also think, given the nature of a royal family, that the natural progression of things would be for Frederik to become more prominent as he grew up. But Henrik seems to have a bit of an ego. :shrug: Although, to be fair, he had the public tantrum several years ago, and to my knowledge, it hasn't been repeated.

Maybe move permanently to Chateau de Caix in the South of France? :shrug: He would be 'king' of his own castle so to speak! :rose::bow2:

I agree, and I also think, given the nature of a royal family, that the natural progression of things would be for Frederik to become more prominent as he grew up. But Henrik seems to have a bit of an ego.

It may be wrong of me to think it but I have long held the view that Prince Henrik does not want CP Frederik to become 'too prominent' in the royal family while Queen Margrethe is still alive. As long as the Queen lives, Prince Henrik maintains his role as the head of the family with a lot of influence over the royal house - that would be gone as soon as the Queen dies. Is it any wonder that CP Frederik wants to join the IOC and maintain his participation in his sporting activities - at least these activities give him a chance of becoming a leader in his own right.

he had the public tantrum several years ago, and to my knowledge, it hasn't been repeated.

Because things have been going in his favor since then - Examples are:

(1) He used to be just HRH Prince Henrik and now he's HRH Prince Consort (Prinsgemalens)

(2) The title Count of Monpezat have been added to the names of his descendants

So that 2002 tantrum got him what he wanted in a sense.

[it may be wrong of me to think it but I have long held the view that Prince Henrik does not want CP Frederik to become 'too prominent' in the royal family while Queen Margrethe is still alive. As long as the Queen lives, Prince Henrik maintains his role as the head of the family with a lot of influence over the royal house - that would be gone as soon as the Queen dies. Is it any wonder that CP Frederik wants to join the IOC and maintain his participation in his sporting activities - at least these activities give him a chance of becoming a leader in his own right.

You know, I find that argument pretty interesting.

I have no doubt that Henrik is a domineering father, perhaps also very demanding? And certainly very strict. Frederik said so in a speech!

That may be an explanation, or at least a part of the explanation for Frederik's occassional akwardness and him being shy and probably also insecure. - Especially as he appears to be the genuinely sensitive man I believe he is.

To quote Bodil Cath: There wasn't a crisis in the marriage, but Henrik was fed up with how the court and the journalists were treating him.

Could I ask our resident video experts to keep an eye on the news segments on TV2?

The ones dealing about whether Prince Henrik ought to be given the title of king.

The government support party Danish Peoples Party has shot down any further debate on that!

The arguments are interesting however and it's also an example of how politicians raise a firm index finger towards Henrik. Enough of this! It's really as close to a dressing down of PH in public as I have ever seen a politician come up with.

I will translate the words said by Søren Espersen of that party, if you can find a clip for me.

Key words to look for: Henrik, konge, Dansk Folkeparti, Søren Espersen.

Archived