Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik - Part 8

thanks. mitchell :clap:

a survey has shown a majority in favour of QMII abdicating.

not because they are displeased with her, but because people think she should be allowed to enjoy her last years.

there is an article with much more details regarding that survey on Berlinske Tidende (a serious conservative paper) and also a break down on who would like what. men appear to be most in favour of QM retiring.

- i would certainly support her, if she should wish to abdicate, but it is also my firm belief that mary and frederik will be the regent couple in anything but name anyway. and soon. my prediction is that they will start to take over in earnest, when the cruises with Dannebrog has ended this year.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- i would certainly support her, if she should wish to abdicate, but it is also my firm belief that mary and frederik will be the regent couple in anything but name anyway. and soon. my prediction is that they will start to take over in earnest, when the cruises with Dannebrog has ended this year.

I wonder if there is room for more children for F&M in all this, or if they have changed their mind about that.

I wonder if there is room for more children for F&M in all this, or if they have changed their mind about that.

Indeed. After all, Mary has done her bit and I am sure her agenda is quite full enough without adding more pregnancies! My instincts are that the stork will fly over Amalienborg without leaving behind any parcels :beer2:

• 2 weeks later...

TV2 video

http://video.tv2.dk/index.php/id-29364389.html

All the best Mitchell :(

Thanks Mitchell

The video shows the 200 annual first night of the Studenterrevyen (originally: Kongelig Mayestaits Acteurs) or Student Comedy, with participation HM Queen Margrethe. The Studenterevyen has always been sponsored by the DRF, and the Queen Participated after the performance, by going to the stage and singing with the corus.

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of BT(Fotos: Niels Henrik Dam) & Google Translate.

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/Artic...oldt%20hof.aspx

"Dronningens kammerherre holdt hof - se billederne."

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y...sl=da&tl=en

A photogallery of QM II attending the "75th birthday party of kammerherre Flemming von Lüttichau."

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of MSN.DK-Starlounge.

http://msndk.starlounge.com/index.cfm?obje...nr=2&page=2

Does anyone know the significance(provenance) of it looks like a second gold ring that PG Henrik is wearing in this photo?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, aus73.

Cheers and Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

As you may know, the Regent Couple boarded Dannebrog the other day in order to sail to Helsingør, to mark the start of the sailing season. (*) But alas the weather was bad and windy so the trip was abandoned. A bit too risky to manourve in a small harbour near Kronborg Castle located just outsiden Helsingør.

So she remained at berth next to Amalienborg.

And BT has a little story about Prince Henrik from that day: http://www.bt.dk/royale/foraarskaad-prins-...-min-elskerinde

Summary of article in BT.

Forårskåd Prins Henrik: Hun er min elskerinde. - Spring-frisky Prince Henrik: She's my mistress.

He and Queen Margrethe hed enjoyed a lunch onboard and when she left he was heard saying: "Daisy, see you later tonight".

Later on PH left the ship along with one of QMII's LiWs. And chatting away on the short walk to Amalienborg when he suddenly laughed and said to people looking on: "Please do not think I have more mistresses than her, because I haven't". And put his arm around the smiling LiW, who according to eyewittneses eventually gave him the look and calmed the frisky Prince.

- It would appear that the lunch had been drunk, eeh, served I mean. :rose:

He is not without humour the good Henrik. :wub:

(*) During winter Danneborg is stationed at the naval station in Frederikshavn with some of her colleagues from the navy. Dannebrog may be a royal yacht but she is classified as a navy auxillary ship. A hospital ship to be correct.

In Frederikshavn she is maintained by a skeleton crew until the conscripts of the year arrive. They recieve their training and work on refitting on her, before sailing to Copenhagen, in order to pick up the Regent Couple prior to starting the summer cruises of the year.

As you may know, the Regent Couple boarded Dannebrog the other day in order to sail to Helsingør, to mark the start of the sailing season. (*) But alas the weather was bad and windy so the trip was abandoned. A bit too risky to manourve in a small harbour near Kronborg Castle located just outsiden Helsingør.

And BT has a little story about Prince Henrik from that day: http://www.bt.dk/royale/foraarskaad-prins-...-min-elskerinde

Forårskåd Prins Henrik: Hun er min. - Spring-frisky Prince Henrik: She's mine.

He and Queen Margrethe hed enjoyed a lunch onboard and when she left he was heard saying: "Daisy, see you later tonight".

Later on PH left the ship along with one of QMII's LiWs. And chatting away on the short walk to Amalienborg when he suddenly laughed and said to people looking on: "Please do not think I have more mistresses than her, because I haven't". And put his arm around the smiling LiW, who according to eyewittneses eventually send him the look and calmed the frisky Prince.

- It would appear that the lunch had been drunk, eeh, served I mean. :wub:

He is not without humour the good Henrik. :wub:

(*) During winter Danneborg is stationed at the naval station in Frederikshavn with some of her colleagues from the navy. Dannebrog may be a royal yacht but she is classified as a navy auxillary ship. A hospital ship to be correct.

In Frederikshavn she is maintained by a skeleton crew until the conscripts of the year arrive. They recieve their training and work on refitting on her, before sailing to Copenhagen, in order to pick up the Regent Couple prior to starting the summer cruises of the year.

Delighted that the LiW was able to deal with the Prince, who was obviously trying to exercise his droit du seigneur! :rose::wub:

Today, Sunday afternoon Queen Margrethe attended a service in Aalborg Cathedral, where a new bishop was installed.

After leaving the church, she tripped and landed on her knees. Fortunately she got up without any problems and sat in the car and drove away.

There is a pic of her fall here: http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland/2010/05/09/172324.htm

I hope she's fine, tripping and landing on your knees at age 70 can be pretty bad.

QMII has a long record for falling all over the place and sometimes she does really hurt herself.

Remember when she fell at Marselisborg and Frederik had to step in for her during the Grand New Year Courts?

ADDED: BT has more on the story: http://www.bt.dk/royale/dronningen-snublede-aaben-skaerm

Including more pics.

Today, Sunday afternoon Queen Margrethe attended a service in Aalborg Cathedral, where a new bishop was installed.

The new bishop is Henning Toft Bro, a really wonderful man (Erik N-S, beware, you have a rival :rolleyes: ). Henning is one of my fathers studybuddies.

I hope the Queen is ok and has not done any damage to her knees, considering the operations she has had on them, it must have been given her a scare. The red carpet on the stair did make it difficult to see.

Prince Henrik has become a grandpapa again.

According to Billed Bladet #19, 2010, Prince Henrik's favourite dachshund, Vega, has given birth to three puppies.

You want some of the little dogs? The queue up and the line is long! Puppies of the DRF are in demand.

Wasn't Vega the dog he wrote poems about?

Forårskåd Prins Henrik: Hun er min elskerinde. - Spring-frisky Prince Henrik: She's my mistress.

Later on PH left the ship along with one of QMII's LiWs. And chatting away on the short walk to Amalienborg when he suddenly laughed and said to people looking on: "Please do not think I have more mistresses than her, because I haven't". And put his arm around the smiling LiW, who according to eyewittneses eventually gave him the look and calmed the frisky Prince.

- It would appear that the lunch had been drunk, eeh, served I mean. :rose:

He is not without humour the good Henrik. :D

And some photos from Henrik and the LiW ;)

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektyp...5-2010%20Prince

Prince Henrik has his own sense of houmour, that's for sure! However I don't understand why he is dressed in his naval uniform in some pictures and he wears a costume in some other oictures?

About Magrethe's accident, I hope she is ok. She is 70 years old, she should take care of herself, this kind of accident is difficult for her age.

Archived