Private visit to Australia

mls

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you very much PoulM. Now that they have arrived safely, I hope that the media leave them alone to enjoy their holiday in peace and quiet without their long-range cameras going into overdrive in order to get pictures and spin stories around them.

That's a good point. I bet though that the couple is prepared to give some public appearance at some stage.

It's not like CPM to disappoint her fans. I love watching how she deals with fans and I love the footage from the celebrations of the Sydney Opera House in 2013 (like this compilation from DRFGarden: Sydney Opera House 40th Jubilee).

I also bet the police in Hobart is prepared to ask (as they previously have done) the medias to respect the couple's privacy.

That's a good point. I bet though that the couple is prepared to give some public appearance at some stage.

I also bet the police in Hobart is prepared to ask (as they previously have done) the medias to respect the couple's privacy.

I hope so. After the 2008 (?) visit, I wondered if they would ever go back....Someone following them around filming in Hobart, and all that.

The 2011 visit was much better for them (but perhaps not as good for royal watchers).

I think they will, at some point, give the press an opportunity for a few pics.

Perth Now has another photo of Mary with John's wife Leanne and we can see Josephine .

The paper asks if anyone has photos of Mary to send them in, I hope this is not going to be the way for their whole visit if so then I would not care to visit very often if I were them.

Perth Now has another photo of Mary with John's wife Leanne and we can see Josephine . Sorry I can't link.

The paper asks if anyone has photos of Mary to send them in, I hope this is not going to be the way for their whole visit if so then I would not care to visit very often if I were them.

This one ? And also brother John and one of the nieces.

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/c182acf1c7fbb5013755d8d9cd03dc58?width=650

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/princess-mary-of-denmarks-surprise-visit-to-margaret-river-chocolate-company-in-swan-valley/news-story/457b01d4ebd14db4a57091cfdf48e314

I agree about sending in photos. Sounds horrible.

In 2010 CPM went on a private visit to her sister in West Hobart to celebrate the sister's 40 years birthday.

Back then the Police warned the press to leave the princess alone. They referred to Tasmanian legislation "... that prohibit you from recording in any form people in their private space", Robert Batge from the Tasmanian Police said in an interview. Check out this YouTube

report from ABC News.

Right. That should clear out doubts whether the royal family should be guaranteed at least some privacy during Christmas...

In 2010 CPM went on a private visit to her sister in West Hobart to celebrate the sister's 40 years birthday.

Back then the Police warned the press to leave the princess alone. They referred to Tasmanian legislation "... that prohibit you from recording in any form people in their private space", Robert Batge from the Tasmanian Police said in an interview. Check out this YouTube

report from ABC News.

Right. That should clear out doubts whether the royal family should be guaranteed at least some privacy during Christmas...

Did Mary's sister also celebrate her 40th birthday that year? I remember Amber Petty had her 40th party when Mary visited 2010. I do remember, that Mary made a quick visit to Tasmania before/after the party.

That Tasmanian law can't have been around in 2008....Wasn't there someone who followed the family around filming in Hobart? And people taking photos in Jane's garden and through the windows.

Well... eh... uhm... bloody good questions.

Now, in the video it is mentioned that CPM is expecting twins in January so that narrows the time span. The video is uploaded Aug 2010. That adds to the possible correctness of the time.

But listening again to the video I realize that the birthday party was Amber Petty's, not her sister's. So I was mistaken.

I don't know about somebody filming in Hobart, but that sounds like something that could have happened...

I don't know about somebody filming in Hobart, but that sounds like something that could have happened...

I can't remember if the person filming/taking the photos was a reporter or a private person. Anyone remember?

I just remember wondering, if they would ever go back after that...The legislation possibly came after that, because

there were much less photos during the 2011 visit.

I'm sure the answer is somewhere in the threads but I'm usually too lazy to use the search function...

IIRC it was a reporter/photographer and some of the photos were taken from a neighbours yard and the others from the street where they camped waiting I think Jane and family had only recently moved into the house and the trees had not grown to afford them any privacy.

Thanks mitchell.

It seems they have been spotted around Esperance but the locals have not taken photos. That's nice for them!

The first reported sighting was Monday evening local time.

A couple of them from facebook:

"When we saw them, there was nobody around. They were sitting on the grass in the sun. Mary called out 'be careful christian and isabella' when they were on the climbing frame and Frederick took one of the kids to the toilet. It was a very normal outing and so lovely to see."

"They were at Ravensthorpe, stopped in at Country Kitchen came to the school and looked around. Not sure if they visited here at Hopetoun."

Esperance French Hot Bread Shop:

"Some of our staff members have claimed to see the prince and princess with their lovely children.

We will check our security camera's to see if they visited our shop."

"We checked our camera's and this is what we found.

Could this be the Royal family of Denmark?"

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlp1/v/t1.0-9/12313556_1652436981711185_5791279730753283410_n.jpg?oh=7e254f3011a91b1928e688cb22acca45&oe=571AB456

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xal1/v/t1.0-9/12342364_1652436955044521_377196221010782851_n.jpg?oh=3ee01c11763ffbf46ff3942b97c63ea8&oe=571EBB90

I wonder how many hours of footage they had to go through....

To me, it doesn't really look like the royals on the two photos. I thought the woman in the left hand side on the first image could potentially be CPM, however I don't think she has the height.

As for the second image, it looks like the kids have too dark hair to be Christian and Isabella.

Archived