CPM visits Burkina Faso

mls

This YouTube video was uploaded on 31st May 2016. It's the same report as commoner links to (see above), however, sometimes the Danish Radio deletes video clips after a while. Hopefully, the report will stay on YouTube.

CPM explains about Burkina Faso and women's rights (or lack of rights) in her own words - in Danish however subtitled.

Hope it didn't take you unbearably long to learn to understand Danish...

It's not an easy language - especially the pronounciation. Poor CPM!

I lived in Sweden for a long time and speak Swedish. When I was a teenager, I thought Danish was completely

impossible to understand, but that was because I never tried. The first time I realised, that it was possible

to understand Danish, was actually hearing Bishop Erik Normand Svendsen speak during the wedding of F&M.

Until then I thought Norwegian was much easier.

I don't speak Danish, obviously, but having read Danish newspapers for a long time, Danish is, for me, now easier

to understand and closer to Swedish than Norwegian. I couldn't speak Danish, though.

Poor Mary indeed. If I moved to Denmark I would probably learn Danish in a few years but I would never sound Danish.

Speaking of difficult languages, my own must be even harder to learn. Nothing like the Germanic languages.

Sorry for the OT long rant. I've always had an interest in languages.

• 1 year later...

Archived