General news about F&M 2017

mls

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frederik out shopping for a new bike on Saturday, the 4th.

And he has also been spotted out having coffee with Lars Ulrich (Metallica drummer). The guy

did get a photo with them but decided to cut out Frederik from the one he posted, just in case. Thanks for that.

Hi. Do you think we will get a photo session with the Crown Prince family on winter vacation this year?
Last year there was no photo session. And at the previous years, the Royal House, send out a press release with time and place of the Crown Prince family's photo session in good time before the winter holiday. But there is not send a press release out this the year. Like there wasn't last year.

Perhaps it is a new tradition that the winter holiday are held without photo session. Which I 100 percent can understand. Or that they instead post something on their social media. :) 

21 minutes ago, Riki said:

Last year there was no photo session because there was no winter holiday in Switzerland/ Verbier (after their long holiday in Australia).

We will see what happens this year. IMO it's too soon to speak of a new tradition.

IIRC, the court has always released the date for the photo sessions for both couples (J&M and F&M) quite some time before the start of the winter holiday.

And I don't think Joachim and Marie had one last year either. Maybe they've just had enough of them..;) and decided to see how things go without one.

Do we actually know that they didn't go abroad on their winter holiday last year?

BTW, one of Mary's nephews has been in Denmark. He was with Frederik at the Metallica concert. Maybe they had more family visiting. 

Well, we know that J&M went abroad last year, on the occasion of Marie's 40th birthday, to the Seychelles or Maledives or something similiar (I don't remember).

But nothing was mentioned about the CP couple. It was assumed they didn't go on another holiday after their Australian holiday to avoid criticism. But who knows? Perhaps the children don't like winter (sports), perhaps they hate those photosessions? Perhaps the court just does things differently?

Edited: J&M + 4 children were in Zanzibar. There were speculations that F&M + children were in Trend, Denmark.

Arg it is very obvious the kids love the winter holidays and that they love photo shoots :D And the Crown family are in Verbier this year. A well known Danish comedian posted today a video on his Facebook, where he sledge with his daughter. He says they've met the Crown Prince family and that his daughter has fall in love with Vincent. Maybe the Crown Prince family are on winter holiday with Mary's family? We have seen this before. It would be nice :) 

14 minutes ago, Riki said:

Well, we know that J&M went abroad last year, on the occasion of Marie's 40th birthday, to the Seychelles or Maledives or something similiar (I don't remember).

But nothing was mentioned about the CP couple. It was assumed they didn't go on another holiday after their Australian holiday to avoid criticism. But who knows? Perhaps the children don't like winter (sports), perhaps they hate those photosessions? Perhaps the court just does things differently?

Thanks Riki. I didn't know or remember of another holiday for J&M.

5 minutes ago, JosephineDane said:

Arg it is very obvious the kids love the winter holidays and that they love photo shoots :D And the Crown family are in Verbier this year. A well known Danish comedian posted today a video on his Facebook, where he sledge with his daughter. He says they've met Crown Prince's family and his daughter is in love with Vincent. Maybe they're on winter holiday with Mary's family? We have seen this before. It would be nice :) 

And thank you too. The kids seem to like winter sports but maybe they have just decided that they've had enough of the photo sessions.

The parents have always tried to make them as natural as possible but it's still a very "artificial" situation (in want of a better word)

I don't know about other members of Mary's family but her nephew is/has been in Verbier.

1 minute ago, mls said:

And thank you too. The kids seem to like winter sports but maybe they have just decided that they've had enough of the photo sessions.

I don't know about other members of Mary's family but her nephew is/has been in Verbier with them.

And I certainly understand them if they are not doing photo sessions both winter, Easter and summer etc.

But if Mary's nephew is here, I guess other family members also are here. Jane and family have been along on the skiing holiday before. In general it seems Mary's family very often visit Mary and family in Denmark.

Billed Bladet and S&H covers this week. Doesn't look like they have anything from F&M or J&M winter holidays this week. 

Unless S&H has photos in the magazine itself, of course. BB is "looking back" at previous winter holidays with old photos.

I'm glad they seem to have had their holidays in peace and quite again this year.

9 minutes ago, JosephineDane said:

Almost in peace.. A Danish magazine out today has a few pictures. And here we can see the crown prince family in Verbier where the enjoy the vacation with Mary's family. I could see Jane Stephens and her husband and children. How nice for them.

Thanks. Not complete peace and quiet then.

14 hours ago, JosephineDane said:

So a new tradition. And I LOVE IT :SmilieHappy: Natural and personal. Thanks Mary to share all those lovely photos with us.

I agree. Much better this way. If there was only that one "paparazzi", that Danish photographer who took a few pics and then left,

they might decide to live with that and continue this way.

I know many people love the photo sessions, both winter and summer, but I'd rather have photos like this.

Beautiful pictures!

Does the DRF own a home in Verbier?  Does the Crown Prince Family stay at different places when they go there or stay at the same place, perhaps owned by one of their friends?  Just wondering if anyone remembers it being mentioned in a Danish magazine.

1 hour ago, MaryKate said:

Do we know why there are no engagements scheduled for Mary any time soon?

Technically, she doesn't have any official events on the calendar for the next few days because the official calendar

will be updated again on Thursday. Unless they post something before that, we can only assume that she works at her office and/or

has unofficial meetings or visits. There are times when she/or Frederik have been abroad but news about it hasn't been

released until after the fact.

The Mary Foundation seems to be planning something new. Maybe she takes time to be involved in that.

I posted this earlier this month and it says "there was talk about mission and strategy, knowledge and challenges, project design and

schedule on yesterday's workshop on one of the Mary Foundation's upcoming big project."

https://www.facebook.com/maryfonden/photos/a.159004170814180.29600.159000594147871/1237408932973693/?type=3&theater

• Leonie pinned this topic
  • Leonie unpinned, pinned and unpinned this topic

Archived