• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, GalaSH said:

Article about the  bureau Zupa, which is located next to the palace of F&M. There are some details about the life of the crowncouple.

:ermm: " Here in the winter there is almost free view of the royals from Zupa. In summer leaves on the trees, however, bothers visibility, says Petter"

Ok...They have a view into the back garden but can't they just keep schtum about what they see..

https://kendte.dk/frederik-og-mary-i-london/?image=1

(No photos)

"Last weekend, Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary were in London. And it was without the children, writes the weekly 'TÆT PÅ',
Crown Prince Frederik traveled to London on Thursday and went hunting with his friend Johan Wedell-Wedellsborg.
On Friday, Crown Princess Mary arrived with Nina Wedell Wedellsborg" (Sister of Johan Wedell-Wedellsborg)

"The Crown Prince couple spent most of the time in the fashionable Hotel Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park. According to 'TÆT PÅ',

the reason was that it rained a great deal of time."

There seems to be some truth (and some stalking) in this, because I saw a post from a "random Swede" mentioning that he thought

he had spotted Frederik in London on Saturday. There are of course things you can do in a hotel if it's raining....;) but I doubt

they flew to London to spend "most of the time" cooped up in a hotel and rain hasn't stopped them from doing things before.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It seems we have a couple of quiet weeks ahead if events like this can't be attended due to Court Mourning....

I wouldn't have thought an event like this is considered a "social or entertaining event".

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/kronprinsesse-mary-stoetter-op-om-vigtig-sag

"One of today's societys major topics are young people and their sometimes difficult relationship with their bodies.

On Monday, Minister for Equality Karen Ellemann, Sex & Society and the Mary Foundation, chaired by Crown Princess Mary, focused on the important area during

a major event at Vesterbro in Copenhagen.

Crown Princess Mary should have participated in the event, but due to the court mourning until 14 March, she did not attend.
In turn, Director of the Mary Foundation, Helle Østergaard, was present as the media contest for schools in 2018 was kicked off"

2 hours ago, mls said:

It seems we have a couple of quiet weeks ahead if events like this can't be attended due to Court Mourning....

I wouldn't have thought an event like this is considered a "social or entertaining event".

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/kronprinsesse-mary-stoetter-op-om-vigtig-sag

"One of today's societys major topics are young people and their sometimes difficult relationship with their bodies.

On Monday, Minister for Equality Karen Ellemann, Sex & Society and the Mary Foundation, chaired by Crown Princess Mary, focused on the important area during

a major event at Vesterbro in Copenhagen.

Crown Princess Mary should have participated in the event, but due to the court mourning until 14 March, she did not attend.
In turn, Director of the Mary Foundation, Helle Østergaard, was present as the media contest for schools in 2018 was kicked off"

Wow!  That is a pretty strict definition of Court Mourning.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/26/2018 at 11:58 AM, smt said:

Wow!  That is a pretty strict definition of Court Mourning.  

It could be that Mary or the kids weren't ready for her to go back to work. Think of all the questions and "I'm so sorry"s Mary will get at every event for the next month or so. It's exhausting. I don't blame her because I don't know how everyone is dealing with their grief. I lost 5 family members in 6 years when I was the kids age and I reacted differently every time. So I try not to speculate on things like this. 

Frederik, Mary and Christian at the funeral of their close friend and member of the board of the Mary Foundation, Juliane Meulengracht Bang today

https://www.seoghoer.dk/nyheder/marys-taette-veninde-begravet-mary-sagde-taarevaedet-farvel

with photos of a teary Mary wearing a Mary Foundation brooch.

When Mary moved to Denmark in 2002, she was employed by Peter Bang, the husband, at Microsoft, Copenhagen.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/video-derfor-har-frederik-et-blaat-maerke-ved-oejet

Today's hot topic in the Danish press: "What has happened to Frederik's left cheek" has now been resolved...

"You should not look at a cell phone while walking the stairs, because you can get into trouble."
This is how Crown Prince Frederik began his speech during a visit to Food Nation in Copenhagen, where he thus recounted how he had gotten his blue mark on the cheek.

And now everything is good in Denmark again. ;):rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saturday, 28 April, Aalborg Cathedral

Mary attended the confirmation of Holger Skeel, son of close friends Jørgen and Malou Skeel. Malou is godmother to Princess Isabella.

According to the caption, Frederik and the children were at Birkelse gods, home of the Skeels, where there was a lunch after the baptism. 

I wonder if only Mary (without family) attending the baptism means that she is Holger's godmother?

I read that it's a pretty small cathedral, so it could be a question of 'only the nearest and dearest' at the scene

and then a bigger crowd at home.

https://www.profimedia.cz/editorial?blob=sp.Holger+Skeel

Frederik and Mary have attended the confirmation of Countess Ingrid, daughter of Princess Alexandra of Berleburg.

Frederik is her godfather. Not sure what date this was.

In the video you can see F&M at the church. There's also a photo of Princess Isabella at the Wozniacki-Williams

tennis match in Copenhagen, 30 April.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/billed-bladet/her-er-dit-billed-bladet

bb18-2018.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

One of the Danish weeklies (to put it nicely) cover this week:

"Frederik will be King in August"....:rolleyes:....Oh, ok then....

but there is something that looks like a new "private" photo of the family. Don't know where, don't know when it's from.

32672410_1404279086344907_87153533579396

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Frederik & old cars in Aarhus.

"Saturday at noon, you can get an extra experience when there is a Bugatti meeting where you can see 10 rare racing cars and the Bugatti Grand Prix cars."

I think it was last year or the year before that Frederik & The Bugatti Club had a meeting in Southern Sweden.