Mourning Salute, Transfer, Castrum Doloris

mls

Thursday 15 February 

8:00 am Mourning salute at Battery Sixtus in Copenhagen and at Kronborg Castle.

http://kongehuset.dk/en/media-centre/press-releases/press-release-salute-firing

http://kongehuset.dk/nyheder/klokkeringning

His Royal Highness Prince Henrik died on Tuesday 13 February 2018.

A mourning salute will take place tomorrow at 8.00am. The mourning salute will be carried out from the Sixtus Battery on Holmen in Copenhagen and from the cannons at Kronborg Castle in Helsingør. The Navy’s Military Police Guard on Holmen will fire the cannons at the Sixtus Battery, and soldiers from the Artillery Unit at Oksbøl will fire the cannons at Kronborg Castle.

The salute consists of three times 27 shots, which are fired at 30-second intervals (approx. 40 minutes). Seen historically, during Danish warfare, the “dansk løsen” consisting of three shots was fired to indicate the placement of the Danish units. The mourning salute has its roots in the “dansk løsen”, and therefore there is a tradition that it can be divided into three.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15. februar 2018

Den kongelige familie deltager i overførsel af H.K.H. Prins Henriks båre fra Fredensborg Slot til Christian IX's Palæ, Amalienborg, kl. 10.00.

15. February 2018, 10:00 am

The Royal family participate in the transfer of HRH Prince Henrik's casket from Fredensborg Palace

to Christian IX Palace, Amalienborg.

Route

The hearse turns right of Fredensborg Palace and drives past the Chancellery House, where both Queen Ingrid and the Crow Prince Couple lived.

Then it turns into the inner palace courtyard and drives a round - as a symbol of Prince Henriks farewell to Fredensborg Palace.

Behind the hearse, 'Store Krone', the oldest and grandest of the royal houses cars, followes with the Queen and behind her, two Daimler's with

Crown Prince Frederik and Prince Joachim with families.

I won't share pictures on my blog, or twitter page unless they are shared by the danish royal house, but I can't help myself to search for them. It's a funny thing, because there is nothing morbid about that. Just want to see them as they were my family to "support" them by farway. That's what royal families do to you. We really admire them and feel all (or almost all) of their moments, as ours.

We at this board have decided on a code of conduct and share some of the photos but not beyond a certain line.

In this case, the DRF has given DR.dk permission to send live from Fredensborg, which means that they know there will be some

photos of the family. The DRF even shared the video of QM at the courtyard yesterday evening. After that, I felt I could

post a link to the facebook page but not before to the similar videos that were around.

4 minutes ago, mls said:

We at this board have decided on a code of conduct and share some of the photos but not beyond a certain line.

In this case, the DRF has given DR.dk permission to send live from Fredensborg, which means that they know there will be

photos of the family. The DRF even shared the video of QM at the courtyard yesterday evening. After that, I felt I could

post a link to the facebook page but not before to the similar videos that were around.

Yes, and you did great. Your team work on this forum it's great and much appreciated.

You perform a coverage with information and grace.

Congrats.

The Crown Prince Couple with children and Prince Joachim with family have all been out on Amalienborg

courtyard, among the people.

"Suddenly I stood next to the Crown Princess. There was a great respect for them coming. People gave room, and the family was allowed

to be there in their sorrow.
     - DR's journalist Ditte Haue"

Archived