New Year's levee and banquet

mls

1. januar 2020

Nytårskur og -taffel for regeringen, folketingets formand, repræsentanter for det officielle Danmark og hoffet i Christian VII's Palæ, Amalienborg, kl. 19.45.

1. January 2020, 7:45 pm

New Year’s levee and banquet for the government, the Speaker of the Danish Parliament and specially invited guests,

Christian VII’s Palace, Amalienborg.

Queen Margrethe, The Crown Prince Couple, Prince Joachim, Princess Marie and Princess Benedikte attend.

http://kongehuset.dk/en/media-centre/press-releases/accreditation-new-years-address-2019-and-new-years-banquet-and-levees-2020

http://kongehuset.dk/nyheder/nytaarskure-2020

I loved the original dress so much, such a pity it got altered, but of course your body shape changes a great deal when you're pregnant versus not pregnant. 

As much as Birgit Hallstein's alterations are top couture work I never really liked the second version better than the first. I'm spoilt by what I saw :)

Does anyone know why Princess Mary didn’t shake hands with the guard when she entered the lobby unlike Princess Benedikte, Princess Marie and Queen Margrethe who did?  Also, Princess Benedikte, Prince Joachim and QMII after greeting the guard inspected the line of guards, but Prince Frederik didn’t (although he shook hands with the guard).  You can see videos on detdanskekongehus Instagram page by clicking Nytar 19/20 stories.  I thought it was very strange for the CPC to do things differently.

Sorry if guard is not the correct word.  It’s the man wearing red and standing by himself when you enter the lobby.

13 hours ago, Hannelore said:

I loved the original dress so much, such a pity it got altered, but of course your body shape changes a great deal when you're pregnant versus not pregnant. 

As much as Birgit Hallstein's alterations are top couture work I never really liked the second version better than the first. I'm spoilt by what I saw :)

It's the opposite for me :)

While the original version was very nice and especialy for a pregnant woman (as small as Mary was at the time) I find the altered version very elegant regal in it's simplicity.

11 hours ago, gudinde said:

If I understand correctly Ayvee, the man in the red coat is the Chamberlain. It's possible the Crown Princely Couple had been interacting with him over the course of the day and so did not greet him as if for the first time in front of the cameras. That's just a guess.

That’s a very good explanation!  Very much like curtsying to QMII.  You only do it once upon seeing her but not each time you approach her.