General news for F&M 2020

mls

http://kongehuset.dk/en/news/hrh-the-crown-princess-has-sent-a-personal-message-to-australias-prime-minister

" HRH The Crown Princess has sent a personal message to Australia’s prime minister in connection with the fierce wildfires, which The Crown Princess has continuously followed the development of through family and friends in Australia, among others."

Your Excellency Prime Minister,

In this time of great hardship caused by the ruthless bush fires, my husband and I would like to convey our warmest wishes to the Australian people as we enter a new year.

Our heartfelt condolences to the families who have lost loved ones and our deepest sympathy to the many families who have lost their homes - their livelihoods.  When the immediate crisis subsides and people can begin to return from where they have fled, our thoughts and concerns will remain with the affected local communities, as it will undoubtedly take great efforts and time for them to rebuild what has been lost.

The courage and unyielding efforts of the volunteer firefighters have our deepest respect and admiration.

Following from afar, it makes me proud of my Australian heritage to witness the strong sense of community and the Australian spirit of

’never giving up’ in the face of such devastation and adversity.

Warmest regards,

Mary
Crown Princess of Denmark"

• mls pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://kongehuset.dk/en/media-centre/press-releases/press-release-hrh-the-crown-prince-treated-for-shoulder-injury

"His Royal Highness The Crown Prince sustained a minor injury in the left shoulder last week in connection with skiing in Switzerland.

Therefore, The Crown Prince was today examined and treated as an outpatient at Rigshospitalet in Copenhagen.

The treatment consisted of an uncomplicated operation, which went according to plan. The shoulder injury does not affect The Crown Prince’s official program."

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

http://kongehuset.dk/nyheder/kronprinsparret-tager-residens-i-kancellihuset

"From Friday, April 24, 2020, the Crown Prince couple will take up residence with their four children in the Chancellory House at Fredensborg Palace,

where their Royal Highnesses will be staying in the coming months."

"During the past 10 years, the Crown Prince family has lived in Fredensborg regularly for shorter periods, but it has long been the family's desire to stay in the Chancellory House for longer periods at a time."

39 minutes ago, mls said:

"From Friday, April 24, 2020, the Crown Prince couple will take up residence with their four children in the Chancellory House at Fredensborg Palace,

Nice with the new riding area just in front of Kancellihuset and Queen Ingrid's pool in the back garden.

20200416_wen_-_fredensborg_6.jpg?w=1074&

From last Friday, the 24th

On Friday morning, Crown Princess Mary left Fredensborg Palace to drive to the nearby horse center  where the family's horses are (or have been?)

anthon-uunger.jpg

Mary picking up Isabella and her pony Lancet

henrik-r-pettersen.jpg

It must be a joy for Mary that Isabella and Josephine are as fond of horses as their mother. It gives many good hours when you have shared hobbies with your children. We know that Mary as a child spent a lot of time on horses with her mother.

I remember Mary a few years back took a driver's license to ride a horse trailer. We know Frederik and Mary likes to do the things themselves.

Moving to the Kancellihuset, and during this ‘stay at home’ time during the corona, plus the four kids aren’t so small anymore, must do Mary now have more free time for her big hobby: Horses. It’s great.

6 minutes ago, JosephineDane said:

I remember Mary a few years back took a driver's license to ride a horse trailer.

I vaguely remember it was ages ago. 2004-2005 or something like that? Not sure.

IIRC, one of the wedding presents (or two) was a horse trailer.

23 minutes ago, Hannelore said:

Do I see Isabella next to her?

On 4/30/2020 at 8:29 AM, mls said:

Mary picking up Isabella and her pony Lancet

If you mean the photo with the trailer, then yes...

Not really general news, but...

"It is the evening on the 75th anniversary of the announcement of Denmark's liberation, and at Fredensborg Palace and Amalienborg, Her Majesty the Queen has lit candles in the windows. In the Chancellory House, the Crown Prince couple, together with the children, also lit candles on this special May evening.
The lights are lit to mark the Danish liberation from the German occupation in 1945.

The announcement of the German surrender came on the evening of May 4, but finally came into force the day after 8:00."

📸 H.K.H. Kronprinsessen

https://scontent.fhen1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/96015994_1194175130921066_8454983047362641920_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=M79KE4O_9QIAX9uY62D&_nc_ht=scontent.fhen1-1.fna&oh=5d0b69c0f4ff531a4487eaa3199c70b1&oe=5ED69FCA

https://scontent.fhen1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/95958470_1194175230921056_7802163888274800640_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=ehKa_OnyTCEAX8vUzjA&_nc_ht=scontent.fhen1-1.fna&oh=fd3e889b6846ac23308c431b8a10302e&oe=5ED5733C

image.png.d08035442d5abdabd3eb70e77fa83fa5.png

Edited by mls

"Tomorrow evening at 8 pm we are planning to go to the theater, but in a slightly different way than we usually do.

The Royal Theater has started a good initiative where it is possible to experience setups from home, now that theaters must keep closed for the time being.

Tomorrow evening you can see, among other things, the performance The College Songbook online - a piece we unfortunately did not get to experience live.

Now we look forward to seeing the performance at home from the couch. We hope more people will want to join?

The performance can be found via the Royal theater's website kglteater.dk/xtra

The Crown Prince Couple 🎭

On 5/8/2020 at 8:33 PM, mls said:

"Tomorrow evening at 8 pm we are planning to go to the theater, but in a slightly different way than we usually do.

The Crown Prince Couple 🎭

"A different and a little more relaxed ... well, yes ... a much more relaxed way of going to the theater. Of course, sitting at home on the couch can never replace going to the theater.

But it is nevertheless wonderful that we can have a theater experience at home during this time.
We wish everyone who, like us, started to see the Royal Theater's compilation of the College song book online, enjoy.

The Crown Prince Couple"

Wonderful post from the Crown Prince Couple. Who has a Crown Prince couple like us? So cozy, homely and down to earth a photo ❤️

I hope Frederik and Mary enjoyed the performance together home on the couch with their feet up - like so many other Danes.

The two pictures characterize the Danish Crown Prince couple well. They really master the balance between being royal and folksy.

Need I say that the DRF’s booms with very positive comments?

A few of them:

'I really love the Crown Prince couple. We are so lucky to have such fantastic examples in Denmark. There is plenty of knowledge and intelligence, but also room for great emotions, good humor and down to earth experiences shared with us. So wonderful.'

'Absolutely great way to communicate. You understand to fulfill your roles and also in a modern way.’ 

‘The Crown Prince couple have the love and respect of the people’

‘The Crown Prince couple really is the main reason we have the world's best and coolest royal family. They give the Danish Royal House something very special.
I’m so fond of Frederik and Mary. Thank you for always supporting Danish cultural experiences.’

'Great that you share such ordinary everyday pictures'

'Love that there are wires and mess behind the television and that it is not a 70 inch television. The best Crown Prince Couple in the world. You can fell them as human beings'

On 5/9/2020 at 9:15 PM, mls said:

"A different and a little more relaxed ... well, yes ... a much more relaxed way of going to the theater. Of course, sitting at home on the couch can never replace going to the theater.

But it is nevertheless wonderful that we can have a theater experience at home during this time.
We wish everyone who, like us, started to see the Royal Theater's compilation of the College song book online, enjoy.

The Crown Prince Couple."

It was a huge benefit to the Royal Theater that Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary chose to tell and show how they enjoyed the online performance.

In fact the number of viewers who, at home from their couch, tuned into the free performance ‘together’ with Frederik and Mary Saturday evening was 40 times higher than the usual number!

The theater was contacted personally by the Crown Prince couple who told they intended to promote the performance.

https://www.bt.dk/royale/vildt-boom-efter-kronprinsparrets-hyggebillede-vi-kan-helt-sikkert-maerke-en-effekt

Is it really 16 years ago that a utterly happy Frederik with tears in his eyes, saw his radiant Australian bride walk up the aisle accompanied by her Scottish father in kilt.

I loved how nervous and genuine both Frederik and Mary were. They were shy and young, and their love shone so brightly that I haven't experienced it the same way in the royal world since. Frederik & Mary won people's hearts during that ‘wedding of emotions.’ A day I think all Danes can clearly remember. History of Denmark.

Here is the video of the beautiful bride arriving with her father and Frederik struggling not to cry ... right until he saw Mary ... then he sniffed and looked like a schoolboy in love. Getting chills every time I see that arrival:

(Do yourself the flavour to read the comments, they make one proud as a Dane)

And their wedding waltz.

Again both so lovely shy and akward, that you online can smile:

9 minutes ago, JosephineDane said:

radiant Australian bride walk up the aisle accompanied by her Scottish father

Mary might have been born in Australia but with both parents being 100% Scottish, I think of her as Scottish...;)

• 3 weeks later...

"HRH The Crown Prince shares a special moment from earlier today when the Crown Prince together with T.R.H. Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine watched the Royal Stables white horses being put on pasture for the summer.

It was not long before the newly washed horses became dirty as soon as they were released into nature. In the scenic North Zealand, the horses will now romp until they are brought back for washing and training in mid-August.
The horses are put on pasture every year, and this year the stay will be a little longer due to the canceled summer cruise in September."

📱 H.K.H. Kronprinsen ©️