The DRF & COVID-19

mls

1 hour ago, JosephineDane said:

It was a huge benefit to the Royal Theater that Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary chose to tell and show how they enjoyed the online performance.
In fact the number of viewers who, at home from their couch, tuned into the free performance ‘together’ with Frederik and Mary Saturday evening was 40 times higher than the usual number!
The theater was contacted personally by the Crown Prince couple who told they intended to promote the performance.

https://www.bt.dk/royale/vildt-boom-efter-kronprinsparrets-hyggebillede-vi-kan-helt-sikkert-maerke-en-effekt

"And while the streaming is free and thus does not give a financial boost to the theater, which has so far suffered a loss of DKK 55 million due to the corona crisis,

the big focus nevertheless pleases Magnus Restofte.

“It is good for the arts and the culture and thus also for us when the Crown Prince couple shows that you can support the culture despite the difficult times we are

all in right now. It shows that culture creates community and that we are some of those who are struggling that we cannot yet be allowed to open, ”he says.

The Royal Theater states that it was contacted directly by the Crown Prince couple, who wanted to focus on the arts and culture."

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 5/8/2020 at 5:01 PM, mls said:

Yesterday, the government and political parties agreed on letting primary school classes 6-9 (Christian and Isabella) return to school 18th of May (earliest date).

Today, Christian and Isabella are going back to school. From what I can gather, there seems to be some variation (in different schools) as to how many hours/days a week the kids will physically attend. Not necessarily normal hours.

Confirmed by the court:

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/hoffet-bekraefter-prinsesse-isabella-og-prins-christian-er-tilbage

Edited by mls

"Yesterday our two oldest children started school, so now we are happy that all four children are back in school. I think they have been good at dealing with what has been a very different everyday life. But they are happy to return to all that they have missed: the teaching, their peers, the teachers, the breaks

- in short, a school life that provides the structure of everyday life that children have found they appreciate.

But not all children in the world are so lucky. I have read that UNESCO* estimates that school closures around the world due to the Corona crisis are affecting education for over 70 per cent. of all the students of the world. It has a great impact on the world's children, especially girls and especially in developing countries. In continuation of my meeting with the Minister of Development last week, it is clear that we must ensure education - even in times of crisis. For education is the way to a better future for everyone. For girls, education specifically means that they have a greater chance of lifting themselves out of poverty, that they marry later, that they have fewer and healthier children, and that they have financial freedom and can contribute to society.

The Crown Princess."

* I think this is probably meant to be UNICEF.

image.png.677c8026133719285bb5da7ec159a77e.png

http://kongehuset.dk/nyheder/sommertogt-udsaettes-til-2021

"Based on the situation regarding COVID-19, Her Majesty The Queen's planned summer cruise with the Royal Yacht Dannebrog in late summer to the municipalities of Thisted on 31 August, Esbjerg on 1 September and Fanø on 2 September has been cancelled.

The municipalities, in collaboration with the Royal House, plan to conduct the visits in late summer 2021."

On 5/19/2020 at 7:06 PM, mls said:

"Yesterday our two oldest children started school, so now we are happy that all four children are back in school. I think they have been good at dealing with what has been a very different everyday life. But they are happy to return to all that they have missed: the teaching, their peers, the teachers, the breaks

- in short, a school life that provides the structure of everyday life that children have found they appreciate.

But not all children in the world are so lucky. I have read that UNESCO* estimates that school closures around the world due to the Corona crisis are affecting education for over 70 per cent. of all the students of the world. It has a great impact on the world's children, especially girls and especially in developing countries. In continuation of my meeting with the Minister of Development last week, it is clear that we must ensure education - even in times of crisis. For education is the way to a better future for everyone. For girls, education specifically means that they have a greater chance of lifting themselves out of poverty, that they marry later, that they have fewer and healthier children, and that they have financial freedom and can contribute to society.

The Crown Princess."

* I think this is probably meant to be UNICEF.

"97313385_170510951055126_364213702525541

It’s so great to get all these personal updates (with private photos) from Mary, she is kind to do that often, she is a very special Crown Princess ❤️
These personal updates are direct and modern and do not happen in many countries. They make you feel close to Mary and Frederik.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Back to this thread....

Crown Prince Frederik's official event visiting industries in the water sector in the Aarhus region Thursday this week has been cancelled...

AFLYST: H.K.H. Kronprinsen aflægger besøg hos virksomheder i vandsektoren omkring Aarhus. Kamstrup, Industrivej 51, Stilling, Skanderborg. Aarhus Vand, Marselisborg Renseanlæg, Sumatravej 4, Aarhus. Varna Palæet, Ørneredevej 3, Aarhus C. Kl. 9.30.

From Dansk Industri/Confederation of Danish Industry:

"- Dansk Industri has chosen to postpone the company visits. This is due to the situation in Aarhus, where extraordinary measures have been introduced to bring the current outbreak of covid-19 under control. A new date for the visits has not yet been set, the organization states."

"On land, at sea and in the air - we have to get used to wearing sanitary napkins. It is important that we follow the health authorities' recommendations together.

Yesterday I was in Grenaa for my first official visit after the summer holidays. At sea and in the air it went fine, but on land it slipped for me and I unfortunately came to shake hands. It reminded me how important it is that we help each other live up to the recommendations. Take care of yourself, and take care of each other."

On 8/20/2020 at 6:07 PM, mls said:

At sea and in the air it went fine, but on land it slipped for me and I unfortunately came to shake hands.

There seems to be several articles and tweets around, also from outside Dk, about Mary "apologizing for not wearing a mask and shaking hands. "

She didn't need to wear a face mask to that event. There was no-one wearing a mask. There were no masks at Crown Prince Frederik's event yesterday.

There is no requirement to wear a mask in public in Denmark. As of today, it's required to wear one when using public transport which she already did on Tuesday when on her

way to that first official event, on the plane.

Where I am, it's recommended to wear a mask in public transport, but not required. Very few people wear masks in public at the moment.

The "unfortunately came to shake hands" is "the slip" she (and a few Danish articles) commented on. She didn't apologize but acknowledged her slip.

13 minutes ago, mls said:

There seems to be several articles and tweets around, also from outside Dk, about Mary "apologizing for not wearing a mask and shaking hands. "

She didn't need to wear a face mask to that event. There was no-one wearing a mask. There were no masks at Crown Prince Frederik's event yesterday.

There is no requirement to wear a mask in public in Denmark. As of today, it's required to wear one when using public transport which she already did on Tuesday when on her

way to that first official event, on the plane.

Where I am, it's recommended to wear a mask in public transport, but not required. Very few people wear masks in public at the moment.

The "unfortunately came to shake hands" is "the slip" she (and a few Danish articles) commented on. She didn't apologize but acknowledged her slip.

Seems to me as if Mary is being incredibly responsible and respectful of people -- especially children.  While there may not be any mask requirement in Denmark, she is aware that the virus is still very much a threat and, as a member of the royal family, she has a responsibility to present responsible behavior.  As always,   three cheers for Mary!

• 3 weeks later...

Due to a larger increase of Covid infected in Denmark the Danish government has today introduced new (or actually just the old) restrictions back in many municipalities.

Among other places in the municipality of Copenhagen, where the gatherings of people today has been lowered from 100 to 50 people.

We have to see if the new restrictions today will have an impact on F&M's upcoming official events.

32 minutes ago, JosephineDane said:

Among other places in the municipality of Copenhagen, where the gatherings of people today has been lowered from 100 to 50 people.

We have to see if the new restrictions today will have an impact on F&M's upcoming official events.

I guess it depends on the amount of people planned attending the events and if it's possible to reduce the number somehow, if necessary.

It's also many municipalities in the greater  Copenhagen area.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/aergerlig-nyhed-mary-isabella-og-andre-hestefans

No Hubertus Hunt this year for Mary. It's only the second time since 1941 it's been cancelled.

Wonder what will happen to the New Year's levees..? The banquet on 1st January especially.

Not much space between the chairs at that table.

a8622c773fc9c7aaca01b7060999b04b.jpg

Edited by mls

Expected, but what a shame. Seeing the CP-family to the Hubertus hunt is one of my favorite events of the year! 

So many things are still being canceled. F&M can carry out official events with fewer participants, but I’m afraid we will not get to see the children so much this autumn, when these larger family events in DK are canceled, as they usually includes many people.

Yes interesting what they do to the New Year’s levees on January 1st. It probably depends on the Covid-19 situation at that time. It can change a lot.

45 minutes ago, JosephineDane said:

Yes interesting what they do to the New Year’s levees on January 1st. It probably depends on the Covid-19 situation at that time. It can change a lot.

I checked this years guest list. Almost 70 guests, about 50 the year before, the majority of them employees of the court.

If the amount of employees is reduced significantly, it could perhaps be done.

Added: The Hubertus Hunt is cancelled for the second time since 1941. Typo corrected.

• 1 month later...

"Instead, a small New Year’s levee will be held at Christiansborg Palace on 4 January 2021 for the prime minister and a few other representatives of official Denmark."

⬆️ It may  include the Crown Prince Couple.

It is really few times that the New Year's banquet and the Courts have been canceled. Yes I can only (as written) remember it in the year 2005 after the tsunami.

Then the DRF can have themselves a really fun and wet New Year's Eve this year. For once! 😂

It's a perfect opportunity for F&M and children to celebrate Christmas and (for once New Year's Eve) with Mary's family in Australia, but with Australia's closed borders it's most probably not going to be an option (even they for once now have the opportunity).

It's a rather sad time we are living in.

6 minutes ago, JosephineDane said:

Then the DRF can have themselves a really fun and wet New Year's Eve this year. For once! 😂

Exactly...👍 They can have a proper "knees-up" for once, as the wonderful British expression says.

New Year's Day is a very unfortunate day for a grand banquet anyway, I think. 🥂

2 hours ago, mls said:

Exactly...👍 They can have a proper "knees-up" for once, like the wonderful British expression says.

New Year's Day is a very unfortunate day for a grand banquet anyway, I think. 🥂

Really! 
I have always joked that if I were Crown Prince Frederik I would move the date for the New Year's banquet to 2. January as soon as I became King 😂

Friday evening. 23. October.
And our Prime Minister has just held a press conference.

Due to a worrying increase in the number of people infected with Covid-19 in Denmark, Denmark is again (re)introducing quite large restrictions.

For example: An assembly ban of a maximum of 10 people gathered in the public space.

That, I think, is going to affect the DRF's upcoming official events.

Over the next two weeks the Crown Prince Couple (and also the Queen and Princess Benedicte) have quite many official events.

And the Crown Prince Couple will hold the 'Crown Prince Couple's Awards' on Saturday.

I think all of them, or most of them, will be canceled after tonight’s press meeting.

28 minutes ago, JosephineDane said:

For example: An assembly ban of a maximum of 10 people gathered in the public space.

That, I think, is going to affect the DRF's upcoming official events.

Over the next two weeks the Crown Prince Couple (and also the Queen and Princess Benedicte) have quite many official events.

And the Crown Prince Couple will hold the 'Crown Prince Couple's Awards' on Saturday.

I think all of them, or most of them, will be canceled after tonight’s press meeting.

It might affect some events, yes, but I didn't see any mention of cultural events. At the moment, I think it's up to 500 people at cultural events where people are

sitting down facing a stage (like The CPC Awards or the event QM is attending the same night) etc and it's still going to be max 500 people at football games and so on.

I guess we'll know if something is cancelled during the next days. At some events, it is perhaps possible to reduce the number from max 50 to max 10.

11 hours ago, JosephineDane said:

You are absolutely right. I had totally forgotten that we are allowed to gather 500 people for big / cultural / sports events. This can actually mean that the vast majority of events still can take place 😊

From DR.dk

"There are no changes to the large assembly ban.
It will therefore still be possible to hold sporting events, concerts, conferences with up to 500 participants, if participants or the audience "essentially" sit down in fixed seats facing a stage, track or cinema screen."

"A requirement using Face mask or visor indoors in all public places from October 29 until January 2.
This applies, among other things, to supermarkets, shopping centers, libraries, museums, cinemas, youth education and the health service.
However, the requirement does not apply when sitting down, but only when moving around, writes the Ministry of Culture.

I guess that means, that the CPC's Awards and QM's international singing competition finale can go ahead.

The max 10 persons (if not a cultural event) can be a problem for something like Mary's second event on Monday, the FSR CSR Award.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/frederik-og-mary-tager-hul-paa-usikker-tid

"On paper it's a busy week that the Crown Prince and Crown Princess are entering, but it is still uncertain whether all events with royal participation can be held according to plan.

Already tomorrow, Monday 26 October, it is full speed ahead for Crown Princess Mary, who is both going to Roskilde for the unveiling of this year's new Christmas seal, and later in the day she will present awards at a ceremony at the Copenhagen Stock Exchange.
There are several practical changes to both events, after the corona situation has become more serious in Denmark recently.

This has led to new and stricter restrictions, which means that, for example, the Christmas Seal event is carried out with very few press people present, just as the award party on the Stock Exchange will be without and audience.

On Wednesday, Crown Prince Frederik will be on two official assignments in Aarhus, while Mary will be working in Odense.
In Aarhus, the press will not be given the opportunity to cover the Crown Prince's event due to the corona restrictions, and in general there is doubt as to whether the events with royal participation will be carried out at all.

On Saturday, there is a huge event, one of this year's big royal events, in Randers, where the Crown Prince Couple's Awards show, which is shown live in prime time on DR1, takes place at Værket. Also, that event might not come to anything if the infection rates keep going in the wrong direction.

The next few months are generally expected to be a time with the risk of many changes and possible cancellations due to the corona challenges in Denmark."

At the moment, all next weeks events are on the calendar.

21 minutes ago, mls said:

Already tomorrow, Monday 26 October, it is full speed ahead for Crown Princess Mary, who is both going to Roskilde for the unveiling of this year's new Christmas seal, and later in the day she will present awards at a ceremony at the Copenhagen Stock Exchange.
There are several practical changes to both events, after the corona situation has become more serious in Denmark recently.

Okay that must mean that at least both events tomorrow will be implemented. BB must have been briefed on the changes.
Changes to the program would not have been announced if they did not expect the events to be implemented.

I guess the next weeks events will be an assessment from day to day and the development of infected Danes whether they can take place or not. Even the coming weeks events will be a day to day decision. Definitely an uncertain time.
Also for us royal watchers 😅

Crown Prince Frederik's first event on Wednesday the 28th in Aarhus has now been cancelled (postponed)

Added: Wednesday, not Thursday

AFLYST: H.K.H. Kronprinsen forestår indvielse af ny kultursal i Det Grønlandske Hus i Aarhus. Dalgas Avenue 52, Aarhus, kl. 10.00.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/aergerlig-nyhed-frederik-vi-ser-tiden

"- Due to the changed COVID19 guidelines, we have unfortunately been forced to postpone the inauguration of the new culture hall in the Greenlandic House in Aarhus."

A new date will be scheduled at some point, depending on the covid situation.

Edited by mls