The DRF & COVID-19

mls

Easter holiday in Danish schools from today, 6th April until 13th April. The plan was that the kids would be returning to their classes at Tranegårdskolen after that,

but I think the schools are closed until....Can't remember how long.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Our Prime Minister has just held a press conference:

If the Danish figures continue to look good the Danish kindergartens and 0-5 grade (classes) in schools will open on 15. April.

6-9. grade (classes) in our schools will continue to be closed and the pupils will continue homeschooling until at least 10.May.

So that means if the Danish figures continue to look fine:

Then Vincent and Josephine will start school on 15. April.

Christian and Isabella must continue with home schooling until at least 10. May.

Everything else in Denmark, except workers with critical functions) remains closed until at least 10. May.

We must gather a maximum of 10 people.

No major meetings of people are allowed until the end of August.

* I’m not sure we will see much to the Queen and Crown Prince couple officially as we are not allowed to be more than 10 people together in public until at least 10. May.

On 3/10/2020 at 3:05 PM, mls said:

https://genforeningen2020.dk/english/

https://genforeningen2020.dk/deutsch/

http://kongehuset.dk/nyheder/fejring-af-100-aaret-for-genforeningen

"In July, Her Majesty the Queen and the Royal Family will follow in the footsteps of Christian 10. when the 100th anniversary of the Reunification of Denmark and Southern Jutland is celebrated over four days

In the days of 9-12. July, in addition to driving in a carriage across the old border, the Queen will also follow part of her grandfather's route in the area.

Along the way, Their Royal Highness The Crown Prince Couple as well as Their Royal Highness Prince Joachim and Princess Marie will attend a number of events with the Queen.

Doesn't look good for the Reunification events in July....Such a shame if it doesn't go through. It was to be a huge and historic event!

7 hours ago, JosephineDane said:

Our Prime Minister has just held a press conference:

If the Danish figures continue to look good the Danish kindergartens and 0-5 grade (classes) in schools will open on 15. April.

6-9. grade (classes) in our schools will continue to be closed and the pupils will continue homeschooling until at least 10.May.

So that means if the Danish figures continue to look fine:

Then Vincent and Josephine will start school on 15. April.

Christian and Isabella must continue with home schooling until at least 10. May.

Everything else in Denmark, except workers with critical functions) remains closed until at least 10. May.

We must gather a maximum of 10 people.

No major meetings of people are allowed until the end of August.

* I’m not sure we will see much to the Queen and Crown Prince couple officially as we are not allowed to be more than 10 people together in public until at least 10. May.

2 hours ago, mls said:

Doesn't look good for the Reunification events in July....Such a shame if it doesn't go through. It was to be a huge and historic event!

http://kongehuset.dk/nyheder/sommertogt-og-deltagelse-i-markeringen-af-genforeningen-udsaettes-til-2021

"In light of the latest announcement from the Prime Minister that the ban on larger assemblies will be maintained until August, the following events in June and July are cancelled this year:

Her Majesty the Queen's planned summer cruise on the Royal Yacht Dannebrog to Anholt on June 3 and the Municipality of Aarhus on June 5-6. June is cancelled.
Both municipalities, in collaboration with the Royal House, plan to conduct the visits in the early summer of 2021.

All activities for the Queen and the royal family in connection with the celebration of the 100th anniversary of the Reunification of Denmark and Southern Jutland in July are cancelled.
The royal house's participation in the celebration was to take place in the days from 9-12. July. Here, among other things, it was planned that the Queen and the royal family should have visited the area along the same route that the Majesty's grandfather, Christian 10., had followed 100 years earlier. The cancelled visit will be conducted with Reunion Day on June 15, 2021 as the focal point."

8. April

Photos

http://kongehuset.dk/foto-video/hkh-kronprinsen-overvaerede-landing-af-fragtfly-med-vaernemidler

"At 5.30 this morning, H.R.H. The Crown Prince was ready at Copenhagen Airport together with the CEO of A.P. Møller Holding Robert M. Uggla and Minister of Business Simon Kollerup to attend the world's largest freight carrier with protective equipment from China. His Royal Highness and the others present followed the directions of the authorities and kept appropriate distance to each other along the way.

In today's load, there were over 1,000,000 face masks and 170,000 protective suits and other protective equipment that will help the health care system in the fight against COVID-19.

The Capital Region of Denmark and Maersk have cooperated in the delivery of protective equipment to the Danish hospitals, and today's landing was one of at least 24 Maersk flights with protective equipment from China to Denmark. The project is called The Maersk Bridge and a similar project has not been seen since the Gulf War."

Foto: 
H.K.H. Kronprinsen ©

"A big help to all of us landed early this morning from a cloudless sky at Copenhagen Airport.

I was invited to attend the landing of the world's largest cargo aircraft, where the cargo of 1,000,000 face masks and 170,000 protective suits and other protective equipment will be a major help to the health care system for the fight against COVID-19.
I would like to extend a huge thank you to all involved who have made flights with protective equipment from China possible."

https://www.maryfonden.dk/da/paaskehilsen

"The Mary Foundation's Chairman H.R.H. The Crown Princess sends an Easter greeting on the basis on some of the challenges the Corona crisis brings.

"The last four weeks have been some of the most different and violent I have experienced. This is how I think most of us see it.

Our familiar world and everyday life has suddenly become quite another.

Now it is Easter, and also it is completely different than it usually is.

Some of the things that affect me the most, and which I can also see affect many others, is the absence of friends, family, colleagues and others who usually play a role in our everyday lives. It can become even clearer to us right now during Easter days, where we tend to gather with those closest to us.

We may notice a bit of the deprivation that many people in our society live with on a daily basis. Loneliness is the everyday cost of some Danes. This applies, among other things, to an ever increasing proportion of our young people. Many feel lonely and miss close relationships in their lives. That was the case before the Corona crisis, but there is a risk that it will be even worse now.

Over the last more than 10 years, we have at the Mary Foundation worked to combat loneliness and social isolation. Therefore, we are also very aware of the consequences that the crisis will undoubtedly have on the loneliness of the Danes.

In fact, not only loneliness is in danger of increasing at the moment . There is also evidence that there is a risk that the level of family violence is on the rise.

We know that stress and pressure can escalate violence in a relationship. And when the family is under the same roof day in and day out without having a break, the violence can become even more violent and unbearable - both for the victim and for the children who witness the violence.

Also, community exclusion and bullying can affect children during this time, despite the fact that schools are closed. The feeling of being on the edge of community or outside does not disappear because schools are closing physically. The dynamics can live on digitally and the work on well-being in schools should therefore remain the focus.

At the Mary Foundation, we are doing everything we can to continue our projects and programs, even though Denmark is closed down - and will be for a good while yet. For we know that as soon as Denmark opens up again, we need to push for good, strong and healthy relationships and communities to be re-established, re-established and sustained.

If we are to get through the crisis together and mitigate the consequences on the other, it will require some of us all.

I already see a lot of great initiatives from organizations and individuals doing what they can to reach out to those who suffer the greatest social deprivation right now. I'm really pleased and I hope that we will continue to stand together, even though we may not be physically close to each other.

HRH Crown Princess Mary

Foto:Kongehuset. A memory of a past Easter

https://www.maryfonden.dk/files/styles/inner-page-wide/public/Pa%CC%8Aske%202013%20001_0.JPG?itok=2gxj1hOZ

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/josephine-og-vincent-er-begyndt-i-skole-igen

"Princess Josephine and Prince Vincent attend second grade at Tranegårdskolen north of Copenhagen, and today they are back in school just like many other children of the same age around Denmark.

The school's opening marks that Denmark is opening up again in the midst of the corona crisis.

According to the Ministry of Education, students will be taught according to the rules of emergency teaching, as it will not be possible to live up to ordinary standards of teaching.

Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik have, like all other parents of children in 0-5. classes in the municipality of Gentofte, received a letter about opening of the schools in Gentofte municipality for pupils in 0-5. class from Wednesday, April 15."

Isabella and Christian have to wait and continue with home schooling.

20. April

"I'm probably not the only one who has been to a hairdresser today.
Fortunately, it is now possible for hairdressers and other smaller companies and stores to stay open after a long shutdown.
I would like to thank everyone for being so adaptable and for helping keep the wheels going for a period that requires a lot of us all."

Before - after  😀

https://scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com/v/t51.2885-15/e35/p1080x1080/93372861_167612944474944_2748827753801203485_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=RaD23-qWeEUAX_eqANa&oh=a7ec9495652bcc8129609a239bf5d0f5&oe=5EC7FDBB

https://scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com/v/t51.2885-15/e35/p1080x1080/93580971_221873862417276_5021615199916217510_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=ShhcjWJGW_YAX8CZ0wc&oh=18cac469f0eae5ae4ac4840a05e8d2cd&oe=5EC7E854

• 2 weeks later...

1. May

"As patron of Children, Youth & Grief and The Danish National Center for Grief , Her Royal Highness the Crown Princess this evening sent a special greeting in the DR program "Singing together-separately."

“It is natural that you become concerned for your loved ones, especially now that you may not be with them. Grief and worry are hard to handle for us humans, but talking about what's difficult can help. "
Children, Youth & Grief and 
The Danish National Center for Grief offer free counseling to anyone who has lost, such as a parent, a sibling, a child or spouse, or people who are relatives of people suffering from severe physical illness. The vision is that grief must not destroy life."

https://asset.dr.dk/imagescaler/?server=smooth-storage.aptoma.no&file=%2Fusers%2Fdrf-dr%2Fimages%2F20608751.jpg%3Ft%255Bcrop%255D%255Bx%255D%3D0%26t%255Bcrop%255D%255By%255D%3D0%26t%255Bcrop%255D%255Bwidth%255D%3D697%26t%255Bcrop%255D%255Bheight%255D%3D392%26t%255Bresize%255D%255Bwidth%255D%3D697%26t%255Bresize%255D%255Bheight%255D%3D392%26accessToken%3D22fc36adf818205ac3c1a6095eeb0da3920b07e9e1dd9f21b9519f3e3b6bdcc2&quality=70&w=650

DR video and article: Special video greeting from the Crown Princess til singing Danes:
https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/video-saerlig-hilsen-fra-kronprinsessen-til-sangglade-danskere

It was a lovely surprise to see our Crown Princess in DR's live program ‘Singing together - apart - with an important message! Too many is sitting alone, and who knows for how long this continue?

Among all the positive comments, there are some that I particularly notice.

That people are very fond of Mary's voice and language. Compassionate, calm, gentle and varm. In a excellent Danish although I also think it also can be noticed for you who do not speak Danish. One writes that had she not been a Crown Princess she should have recorded audio books. I agree. She is a pleasure to listen to. I remember Frederik in his portrait book telling that one of the first things he was drawn to by Mary was her warm and relatively deep voice.

It's good to see Frederik and Mary send all these greetings in this different ‘stay at home’ time.

3. May

"HRH The Crown Princess sends greetings on Children's Aid Day 2020

Hope and Dreams is the theme of the Children's Aid Day 2020, which is taking place today.
Her Royal Highness The Crown Princess is patron of the The Children’s Aid Foundation and has just sent a digital greeting to all placed children and young people in Denmark.

Like other events, the Children's Aid Day is this year affected by the situation with the spread of coronavirus, and the planned marking in Kongens Have in Copenhagen and the City Hall Park in Aarhus have therefore been cancelled. Instead, Children's Aid Day 2020 will be digitally marked on the organization's Facebook page, where it is possible during the day to follow and participate in the program for the anniversary. "

35 minutes ago, JosephineDane said:

Is there a translation on the royal House website for those of you who don’t speak Danish? 

There isn't. They don't translate everything, unfortunately.

Luckily, I understand Danish quite well myself. 👍

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/dejlig-nyhed-prinsesse-isabella-og-prins-christian

Denmark is slowly opening up.

Yesterday, the government and political parties agreed on letting primary school classes 6-9 (Christian and Isabella) return to school 18th of May (earliest date).

Classes 0-5 (the twins) went back to school mid-April.

"Municipalities and schools are given local flexibility to plan the detailed organization within the health care guidelines"