Summer news 2020

mls

Gråsten local newspaper 26. May:

"Queen Margrethe will move summer residence to Gråsten Palace on Thursday 9 July. In Gråsten, the Crown Prince couple and their four children are expected to move into Gråsten Palace around July 1st."

Last day of school is 26. June.

https://www.visitsonderborg.dk/sonderborg/information/graasten-slot-gdk611078

"Gråsten Palace gardens will be closed to the public from 26. June to 9. August."

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/27/2020 at 2:23 PM, mls said:

"Queen Margrethe will move summer residence to Gråsten Palace on Thursday 9 July. In Gråsten, the Crown Prince couple and their four children are expected to move into Gråsten Palace around July 1st."

Last day of school is 26. June.

https://www.visitsonderborg.dk/sonderborg/information/graasten-slot-gdk611078

"Gråsten Palace gardens will be closed to the public from 27. June to 7. August."

According to locals, the CPC are expected to Gråsten Palace during the weekend.

^^ Yes, Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine had their last day at school today and the CP family use to drive to Gråsten soon after.

As always in Denmark the last week before our school children go on vacation has been full of the best summer weather with bright sun and 25-30 degrees all week.

Today the children have gone on vacation... and from Sunday they promise rain and 18-19 degrees as far as you can see. It's almost the same every year 😅

https://jv.dk/artikel/gråsten-er-klar-til-royal-sommerferie

"Gråsten: The flags are raised in the streets of Gråsten and the flower basins are filled with flowers. Gråsten is ready to receive the royal family, which keeps

the tradition of several weeks of summer holidays at Gråsten Palace.

the staff at Gråsten Palace has been told to be ready from Monday evening. It is the Crown Prince couple and the four children who arrive at the palace during Saturday."

From monday evening? I wonder if they mean Saturday?

Then it can’t be more Danish. Like a true H.C. Andersen fairytale 🇩🇰

Crown Princess Mary takes lovely pictures and it is nice she often shares them with us.

If you've been following Mary over the years, you can't help but notice how much she 'sees' things and easily gets excited about things on her way. It is a really good quality to have as a human. Excitement.
It’s a quality I really try to let my children take with them through life.

Nothing much to report these days...

https://jv.dk/artikel/drama-på-gråsten-slot-ild-i-royal-golfbil

"Gråsten: There was drama during the Crown Prince couple's holiday at Gråsten Palace on Tuesday afternoon. One of the vehicles caught fire and there was a golf cart that burned out in the palace gardens. There was no danger to buildings or people.

- It was a short circuit in the golf cart No, I do not know if it was Crown Prince Frederik or someone else who called for help, says Police Commissioner Thomas Berg of the South Jutland Police.

Sønderborg Fire & Rescue moved to the castle and got the fire out.
The golf cart has been involved in a previous drama when Prince Henrik in 2013 drove one of his dachshunds, Querida, down."

On 5/27/2020 at 2:23 PM, mls said:

From local newspaper (26 May)

"Queen Margrethe will move summer residence to Gråsten Palace on Thursday 9 July

According to the official calendar, QM doesn't change residence to Gråsten Palace until 21st July, joined by Princess Benedikte.

They have a joint event on the 24th.

And the local newspaper said she would join the CP family on Monday, 13. July. 

But I think the royal calender is most safe then. If then I think the CP family will have left Gråsten when the Queen arrives as they at that time will have been at Gråsten for over 3 weeks. Usually they stay at Gråsten for 2-3 weeks. 

Maybe the Queen has decided not to see many family members at the same time this summer due to Covid-19? 

I wonder where the CP-family will spend the rest of their vacation after Gråsten ☀️  Probably in a summer cotage as there is not many other things to do. 
I also wonder if they can go on their usual unofficial summer cruise around in Denmark abroad Dannebrog this summer?

"Last week, Frederik and Mary invited up to 25 guests to a get-together at Gråsten Palace and partied all Thursday night. So much so that it was heard throughout the area. The music from the party could be heard far away, and Frederik and Mary fired it off at the South Jutland palace, which traditionally kicks off their summer holiday in Denmark."

image.png.d577632cb55a85e66605b7024a00d2fe.png  

image.png.a76bb8cc9feb86d50fb0c76cfaf76c77.png

Edited by mls

8 minutes ago, JosephineDane said:

Wonderful authentic summer photos and greeting from our lovely Crown Prince family in beautiful Denmark 🇩🇰

I like that they don't dress up for these photos. Just what they are wearing and no colour coordination.

According to one of the weeklies, the CPC will not travel outside Dk this summer. They (and QM) have decided to follow official recommendations to only travel

abroad if strictly necessary.

10 hours ago, mls said:

I like that they don't dress up for these photos. Just what they are wearing and no colour coordination.

According to one of the weeklies, the CPC will not travel outside Dk this summer. They (and QM) have decided to follow official recommendations to only travel

abroad if strictly necessary.

Me too. So natural and relaxed, and with bare feet ☺️

And that’s a good example to set.

I do hope, as well as I think the CP family and the rest of the Danes hope, that the summer weather will be a bit better the next weeks 🤞😊