CPM attends marking of UN International Day of the Girl Child

mls

https://planbornefonden.dk/h-k-h-kronprinsessen-taler-med-oestafrikanske-unge-om-konsekvensen-af-covid-19/

"More than 110 million girls are at risk of never going back to school, starving and getting married off in the coming years.

his is what PlanBørnefonden and H.R.H the Crown Princess focus on on 7 October under the heading “#GirlsinCrisis - a future after COVID-19”. Here, young women from Uganda and Ethiopia will tell H.R.H The Crown Princess and Danish young people at Nærum Gymnasium how the global pandemic has affected the vulnerable communities in which they live. In particular, the closure has made the girls' future uncertain and decades of development may be lost, as millions of girls risk never going to school again."

Watch live from 12:30 pm

https://www.facebook.com/planbornefonden

It really looked like she was about to cry, and I just love that this was taking place in a school with kids,  with similiar ages as those young women. It is no important to kids to learn about other realities. Love the danish girl who asked: "What can we do here, for you? " This is why I watch royals. I become aware of so importante things. I become better. :)

7 minutes ago, Tesouras&Tiaras said:

Love the danish girl who asked: "What can we do here, for you? " This is why I watch royals. I become aware of so importante things. I become better.

I am glad you say that. You can learn lots of new things if it's not just about the clothes they wear...

That's why I always try to find and add info about what these events are actually about.

1 hour ago, mls said:

I am glad you say that. You can learn lots of new things if it's not just about the clothes they wear...

That's why I always try to find and add info about what these events are actually about.

So true. Of course we love a good tiara event: the History, the jewels, the gowns. But that is not what the majority of the events. Specially in 2020. :)

Just as annoyed I am over that the court continuously doesn’t write Frederik's participation in the monthly state meetings in the royal calender (or Mary’s weekly(?) meeting in the Mary Foundation) just as annoyed I am with the court's coverage of Mary's events on their digital platforms. Yesterday's event: Why not post a video summary of Mary's important conversation with the girls?? Or at least post some great photos from Mary's visit (they always post amazing photos from the other royals' visits). Mary's visit yesterday was so important, sad and inspiring and the court just doesn’t manage to get it ‘out’ to people at all.
Fortunately, Mary herself has written a really good and personal text, but why does the court not post some good pictures to the text. It's not for fun the posts from Mary's work consistently receive less than half of the 'likes' and comments as all the other royal posts and that's a shame, and something I hope they soon evaluate on.

I used to think the court covered Frederik’s events so bad, but the last couple of years (and especially the last year) they do a fantastic covering of Frederik on their royal digital platforms!