CPM receives Executive Director for UN WFP & Minister Prehn

mls

19. oktober 2020

H.K.H. Kronprinsessen modtager Executive Director for World Food Programme (WFP) David Beasley og udviklingsminister Rasmus Prehn.

Frederik VIII’s Palæ, Amalienborg, kl. 13.00.

19. October 2020, 1:00 pm

HRH The Crown Princess receives Executive Director for UN World Food Programme (WFP) David Beasley and Minister for Development Cooperation Rasmus Prehn.

Frederik VIII Palace, Amalienborg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Today, I had the pleasure of meeting with David Beasley, Executive Director for World Food Programme (WFP) and Rasmus Prehn, Danish Minister for Development Corporation and had the opportunity to congratulate WFP on being awarded this years’ Nobel Peace Prize.  WFP was recognised  for its efforts to combat hunger, to create better conditions for peace in conflict-affected areas, and for its work to prevent hunger from being used as a weapon in conflicts.

During our meeting, I was shocked to hear how many millions of people are forecast to face extreme food insecurity in the coming years, primarily due to conflict and migration. Thankfully, learning more about WFP’s strategic plans and work, which is strongly supported by Denmark, helps in remaining optimistic. However, overcoming such a huge and complex challenge, will require the world to stand united."

https://beta.tt.se/bild/q=crown princess mary denmark nobel peace wfp

https://www.gettyimages.fi/photos/denmark-nobel-peace-royals?family=editorial&phrase=denmark-nobel-peace-royals&sort=newest#license

image.thumb.png.c05a2a1837b12066e496346a4a2ebe83.png

22 minutes ago, Paulamary said:

And neither event included in the official calendar. Well lovely to see both

I just don't understand why.

Ok, he/she/they want do an unofficial event, fine, but if photos and info is published after the fact, why do they not add the event to the calendar at the same time...

1 hour ago, Paulamary said:

Really?! I just dont get it. 

Neither do I.

Maybe it was because CP Frederik's visit was not official, but more an unofficial interest/follow-up visit as a patron? That's how I understood it.

CP Mary's (weekly? meetings/preparings visits) with the Mary Foundation are also never written in the calendar.

Not that any of those reasons do it better! For why not just write them in the calendar, at least after they have taken place.

As much as I follow the DRF I have the impression that all the other royal members visits are written in the calendar. But okay ... it's pretty much just F&M we see continuously having these unofficial visits. I still do not understand why they are not written in the calender.

The Swedish royal family writes EVERYTHING in their calender 😅

• 2 weeks later...