The DRF & COVID-19

mls

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/saadan-tager-kronprinsparrets-boern-hul-paa-det-nye-aar

As discussed in the previous 2020 Covid-thread, the CPC's kids will not return to their Tranegård School tomorrow as they would have done in normal times.

All four children are students at Tranegård School north of Copenhagen respectively in 9th, 7th, and 3 class, but the kids will initially follow the lessons at home

from Frederik VIII's Palace at Amalienborg.

With the new mutated Covid-19 virus Denmark is again in a really serious situation and it almost feels like we are back to where we began. Our Prime Minister has just held another press conference, which I think will affect F&M's (and Queen Margrethe's for that matter) official calendar quite much:

Denmark is already in a lockdown. School are closed and people are encouraged to work from home, but from tomorrow even more restrictions are required:

- The assembly ban is lowered from 10 people to only 5 people.

- The authorities recommend that everyone limits social contact to a maximum of 5 people in addition to their household, and that no more than 5 people meet at home.

- Authorities give a strong appeal to cancel all unnecessary appointments until at least 17. January.

- The distance requirement changes from one meter to now two meters. This applies to both grocery stores and in the public space.

The new restrictions apply until 17. January, but our Prime Minister states that it most likely may be necessary to extend all or some of them.

With a maximum of 5 people allowed and a minimum distance of 2 meters, I think we are back to where it is very difficult for official events to take place, even minor unofficial events.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/mary-og-frederik-maa-forberede-sig-ingen-kan-spaa-om-fremtiden

Mary and Frederik ready for exciting events

On the exciting program this year are, among others, Prince Christian's confirmation, Royal Run and the Olympic Games in Tokyo Japan.

In addition, the Crown Prince and Crown Princess are expected to play a special role in connection with Denmark's men's national football team playing three matches in the European Championship finals at Parken in Copenhagen in June.

Everything can change

However, due to the unpredictable corona situation, Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik cannot be sure that the events will take place as originally planned.

Prince Christian's confirmation will be a big day in the spring, but the conditions under which the big event will take place are not yet known.

On the Royal Run website, you can get an answer to one of the most frequently asked questions in connection with the run. Many ask if the organizers think it is justifiable to gather so many people in 2021. The answer states that it is hoped and reckoned that it will again be possible to hold large races when we get well into 2021.

- However, no one can predict the future, so we naturally follow the situation and will at all times comply with the authorities' recommendations, it sounds from the organizers of royalrun.dk.

Doubts about the Olympics

Recently, there have also been calls in the international press that the Olympics in Tokyo Japan may be at risk because the corona situation is critical in Japan's capital and because the locals are uneasy about one of the world's biggest sporting events going ahead this summer.

Crown Prince Frederik is a member of the International Olympic Committee and will go to the Olympics immediately after his summer vacation, if everything goes according to plan.

Strange times... On the other hand I think Mary must be enjoying these past corona times as well (at least I hope so). Combined with the months in Switzerland this makes for a longer "slower" time without her usual very busy agenda, without the many trips abroad. More time for the family, more time for her horses, more time to be in nature. 

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed Hannelore. 

I think so too. It's also a tough time mentally for everyone but Covid-19 has indeed not only brought bad things with it. It has given a lot of time and freedom to the family, to your hobbies, to yourself, and especially for a future King and Queen this situation (a long break) is a time they may never get the opportunity to have again.

And while talking about it... it is reported right now that Denmark is extending its lockdown one more month. Our Prime Minister will hold a press conference tonight (in an hour). It is reported that all restrictions (as notified) will be extended until 28. February.The only restriction that may not be extended for so long is whether the youngest classes may return a little to school. It is hard for the youngest children to sit in front of a computer for so long periods.

It is a very quiet time for royal watchers..

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/politik/corona-restriktioner-forlaenges-til-den-28-februar

1 hour ago, JosephineDane said:

It is reported that all restrictions (as notified) will be extended until 28. February.The only restriction that may not be extended for so long is whether the youngest classes may return a little to school.

That would be Vincent and Josephine. Will be decided next week, according to the press conference. Perhaps after winter holidays which starts 15. February.

What a strange, unfortunate last year in class 9, preliminary school, for Christian. I think it's the same for Felix who (I think) is on his last year in high school.

Question to JosephineDane or possible other Danes: How long can Christian's confirmation be postponed? He's had the classes but is there a rule as to what age

the confirmation itself has to be held in church at the latest? He will be 16 next October.

At the moment, it looks very unlikely that they can have (a big) one in the spring.

I don’t know ... I often think the same thought. F&M and Christian probably do too... 😅 There is not, as far as I know, a rule for an age limit to be confirmed. You can be confirmed your whole life, I think. I can not imagine they postpone Christian's confirmation more than until the autumn. I actually do not think they are postponing it more than to this summer when Christian finishes his (9. class) elementary school. In that case, it will probably have to be held more privately and without so many guests, and most likely without Mary's family and Christian’s foreign godparents. It would be such a pity because a confirmation puts good focus on our heir and it is Christian’s first real big event since his christening. It is not unlikely that his confirmation can be held in late spring/early summer. Here, all Danes, according to the plan, will be vaccinated and Covid-19 dropped sharply last spring and throughout the summer.

On 2/1/2021 at 7:16 PM, mls said:

Classes 0-4, Vincent and Josephine, return to school Monday next week, 8. February.

It's school for one week and then it's time for winter holidays from the 15. February.

It's back to school today for the twins.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2021 at 6:11 PM, JosephineDane said:

it is reported right now that Denmark is extending its lockdown one more month. Our Prime Minister will hold a press conference tonight (in an hour). It is reported that all restrictions (as notified) will be extended until 28. February.

At today's press conference, most of the restrictions seem to have been extended until 5. April, including the max 5 people assembly.

In small parts of the country schools open but no going back to school for Christian and Isabella yet. Smaller shops are allowed to open on Monday

but this years before-and-after photo of Frederik's haircut we will have to wait for...

Outdoor cultural institutions are reopened with a requirement for a negative test result and outdoor sports and club activities are now allowed for max 25 people.

Quiet times continue...

4 hours ago, mls said:

At today's press conference, most of the restrictions seem to have been extended until 5. April, including the max 5 people assembly ban.

In small parts of the country schools open but no going back to school for Christian and Isabella yet. Smaller shops are allowed to open on Monday

but this years before-and-after photo of Frederik's haircut we will have to wait for...

Outdoor cultural institutions are reopened with a requirement for a negative test result and outdoor sports and club activities are now allowed for max 25 people.

Quiet times continue...

Yes...

Maybe the opening of outdoor sports and outdoor culture can give us a bit of official events, but probably not much. 

Btw, if the Covid19 situation allows it, graduating students in primary (Prince Christian), secondary and higher education can return to school every second week (and with testing for Covid twice at week) on 15. March.
Our Prime Minister will hold a press conference tonight. I will write a update if she should say more during the press conference.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/politik/genaabningsaftale-paa-plads-hoejskoler-og-efterskoler-kan-slaa-doerene-op-paa-mandag

Good news for Christian (9th grade, graduating student) and Isabella (7th grade) who now with the limited but further reopening of Denmark seems to be allowed to attend physically school outdoor one day a week from next week.

The country's 5th to 8th graders will have the opportunity to follow the teaching in school physically again. However in a limited way. They are allowed to go to school once a week and the teaching must primarily take place outdoors. 

Graduating students in secondary education and in primary school are allowed to attend more classes. However, this does not apply to the Capital Region, where graduating students will be allowed to meet one day a week in the same way as the 5th to 8th grades.

Vincent and Josephine (3rd grade) have been physically in school since mid-February.

* No further restrictions will be lifted.

Edited by JosephineDane

• 2 weeks later...

https://nyheder.tv2.dk/samfund/2021-03-18-folketingets-partier-er-enige-om-yderligere-genaabning-fra-paa-mandag

"Graduating students in primary schools as well as in youth and adult education in the Capital Region can return to school again".

If I've got this correctly, as of Monday the 22nd, Christian is going back to Tranegårdskolen, That leaves Isabella as the only one who will continue

home schooling for 4 days and only one day of attending school.

That's next week and then it's Easter Holidays - 29. March - 5. April.

That’s how I understand it as well.

From Monday:

- The assembly ban will be lifted from 5 to 10 people outdoors.
However, it is emphasized that the authorities still recommend that you do not meet more than five people in private homes and that you limit social contacts.

- Outdoor church services for up to 50 people will also be opened

- The assembly ban will also be lifted from 25 to 50 people for outdoor sports and association activities.

- Graduating students in primary school as well as in youth and adult education in the Capital Region can also return to the same model as in the rest of the country. Municipalities with a particularly high incidence are, however, exempt.

(So from Monday Prince Christian can return to school every second week).

On 3/19/2021 at 9:23 AM, JosephineDane said:

- Graduating students in primary school as well as in youth and adult education in the Capital Region can also return to the same model as in the rest of the country. Municipalities with a particularly high incidence are, however, exempt.

(So from Monday Prince Christian can return to school every second week).

From the 6th April, after Easter holiday, Isabella gets to go back to school:

"In addition to the current opening in primary school, it is possible for 5th-8th grade to return with 50 per cent. physical attendance (ie every other week)"

I think that means Christian and Isabella every other week and the twins have been back full time for some time now, or did I get that wrong?

2 hours ago, mls said:

I think that means Christian and Isabella every other week and the twins have been back full time for some time now, or did I get that wrong?

No you are absolutely right.
The twins are back full time. Christian will be back every other week from this week and from 6. April Isabella can also return to school from every other week.

Last night (around midnight 😂) our government held a press conference (after 12 hours of negotiations) where they presented a full reopening plan for Denmark. I think that 6. May is the date we should look forward to in relation to F&M's official events - here the plan is that conferences, theaters, venues, and cinemas will reopen.
The indoor assembly ban is still 5 people. Outdoors 10 people. But this will be assessed again in mid-April.

21. April will also opens for some things that may impact F&M’s official events. Museums, art galleries and libraries reopen - with corona passes.
And then some indoor sports will open for children and young people under 18 years.

https://www.sst.dk/en/English/Corona-eng/Vaccination-against-COVID-19/When-will-you-get-vaccinated

I saw something in the Danish press about opening up of the country when everyone over 50 have been vaccinated assuming there are enough vaccines.

Checking the link, it seems Crown Prince Frederik's age group is being vaccinated from mid-April to end of May. Mary's from end of April-end of June.

This is, of course, assuming they don't have conditions or illnesses that put them in an earlier group.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2021 at 8:54 AM, mls said:

From the 6th April, after Easter holiday, Isabella gets to go back to school:

"In addition to the current opening in primary school, it is possible for 5th-8th grade to return with 50 per cent. physical attendance (ie every other week)"

On 3/23/2021 at 11:27 AM, JosephineDane said:

No you are absolutely right.
The twins are back full time. Christian will be back every other week from this week and from 6. April Isabella can also return to school from every other week.

Back to school for the twins tomorrow, Isabella also gets to return to school for the first time in more than 3 months.