QM Golden Jubilee - General

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

https://www.kongehuset.dk/en/news/postponement-of-planned-celebrations-in-connection-with-the-50-years-anniversary-of-hm-the-queen’s-accession-to-the-throne

Because of the latest developments in the coronavirus situation and the recommendations of the health authorities, the Royal House of Denmark is postponing the major celebrations in connection with the 50th anniversary of HM The Queen’s accession to the throne. Her Majesty would still like to have a festive celebration in which the Danish people can take part and has therefore decided to move the majority of the arrangements planned for January to the late summer of 2022.

The postponed arrangements are the following: The Queen’s anniversary news conference, the changing of the guard at Amalienborg Palace Square at which The Queen and the Royal Family appear on the balcony, luncheon at Copenhagen City Hall, the gala performance on the Old Stage of the Royal Danish Theatre, the celebratory church service at Copenhagen Cathedral, the Church of Our Lady, and the gala banquet at Christiansborg Palace. New dates for the postponed arrangements will be announced in the New Year.

On the anniversary date itself, 14 January, there will be attempts to carry out individual arrangements. This concerns, among other things, the Council of State meeting, reception at the Danish Parliament and a wreath-laying ceremony at Frederik IX and Queen Ingrid’s grave at Roskilde Cathedral. Further information on this subject will be announced at the beginning of January.

On the Royal House of Denmark’s website during the jubilee week, a congratulation list will be set up, and it will be possible there to send a personal felicitation to The Queen in connection with the jubilee of Her Majesty’s reign. As a consequence of the coronavirus situation, it will not be possible to show up physically at Det Guld Palæ at Amalienborg, as is otherwise the tradition for large events in the Royal House of Denmark.

33 minutes ago, mls said:

No, and this press release came after the press conference about new restrictions and lots of places closed in Denmark for about a month.

Surprised about the part of attempting the reception at the Folketing and the wreath laying on the 14th given those two events would still draw a crowd of spectators.  

Was there a new press conference today?  

Yes, there was a press conference today. As of Sunday morning, venues like museums, cinemas, theatres, art galleries etc will be closed for about a month.

No alcohol in restaurants after 10pm and so on. Also fairs and venues for conferences and lectures.

Not sure if this has been ratified yet.

https://www.bt.dk/royale/dronning-margrethes-jubilaeum-udsaettes

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/kongehus-ekspert-derfor-aflyser-dronningen-ikke-alt

Another BB article about the postponement and still having events on the 14th.  If the government just issued lockdowns for a month not sure how the government reception on the 14th could happen without it looking tone deaf.  The State Council meeting could always be held virtually.  The wreath laying would probably draw a crowd but since it is outside....

2 minutes ago, Izzieq said:

If the government just issued lockdowns for a month not sure how the government reception on the 14th could happen without it looking tone deaf. 

It's not a complete lockdown like last year.

The restrictions/lockdown seems to be mostly places where lots of people gather: "venues, theatres, cinemas, museums, art galleries, cultural centres folk high schools, zoos, aquariums, as well as premises and localities where public information activities and sports events are held with paying spectators. In addition, it has been decided to introduce requirements for face masks in the premises in the field of culture and sports that are not closed. These include about libraries, sports halls, gyms, music schools, club rooms and swimming pools"

Churches stay open but " a maximum of 1 participant may be allowed per. 2 sqm. floor area if the participants sit down and 1 participant per. 4 sqm floor area if the participants essentially stand up." Maybe a scaled down reception at the Parliament falls into that category.

42 minutes ago, mls said:

It's not a complete lockdown like last year.

The restrictions/lockdown seems to be mostly places where lots of people gather: "venues, theatres, cinemas, museums, art galleries, cultural centres folk high schools, zoos, aquariums, as well as premises and localities where public information activities and sports events are held with paying spectators. In addition, it has been decided to introduce requirements for face masks in the premises in the field of culture and sports that are not closed. These include about libraries, sports halls, gyms, music schools, club rooms and swimming pools"

Churches stay open but " a maximum of 1 participant may be allowed per. 2 sqm. floor area if the participants sit down and 1 participant per. 4 sqm floor area if the participants essentially stand up." Maybe a scaled down reception at the Parliament falls into that category.

True...it could.  Less people attending and masks.  Plus with the gala postponed there's no foreign royals there either.  

2 minutes ago, mls said:

I had hoped Prince Christian would attend the events on the 14th. Maybe he will, but it's not mentioned on the calendar.

He was mentioned June last year when he attended the reunification events.

Maybe he is saving being able to have a few days off school for his mother's events for her birthday.  Not sure.  Isn't he just going back to school this week?

Another BB article about the BB interview:

The Queen in new interview: How Frederik and Joachim's relationship is | PICTURE MAGAZINE (billedbladet.dk)

In a new big interview with BILLED-BLADET, Queen Margrethe tells how the relationship between her two sons is.

In a major new solo interview with BILLED-BLADET on the occasion of her 50th anniversary, Queen Margrethe talks about the relationship that Crown Prince Frederik and Prince Joachim have had from their very childhood.

Since the boys were very young, they have been aware that there is a difference between their roles. However, this has not been a problem in the brothers' upbringing, the Queen says in the interview.

Never any jealousy

- They grew up with the fact that that's how it's going to be. That the eldest, especially if it is a boy, will be the one who must first through the doors, and the others, if more, will have a secondary role. And you have to teach them that. But I don't think it was that bad, and Frederik and Joachim have always been a great support for each other. I remember thinking how uncontrollably lucky I was to have two boys who got along so well and who didn't suffer from any kind of jealousy. Delete, not at all.

But were there no challenges at all?

Not the way I remember it. They were so small when my father died that they could hardly remember what it was like before. At that time Frederik had not turned four years old, and Joachim had not turned three years old yet. So they weren't big, but they were some hefty kids and stood nicely on their legs. They could figure it out, I thought. And then Joachim was great fun, the way he sometimes took it. It had been agreed that Joachim would take over Schackenborg Castle, and Frederik thought it was very exciting for his brother. "What am I going to have?" he asked. "You have to have the rest," Joachim said with such a typical "sjang, then sat the remark there". I've always liked it, says the Queen with a twinkle in her eyes.

Both sons have always been a great support to her.

- It is nice to know that it is two sensible people who have to take up the inheritance. And they're doing well already both. And each of them has found themselves a sweet and capable wife – just what you want for your children.

Want to talk about things

How much do you have in your decisions about the work and life of your sons today?

- I leave a lot to them. They don't have mom hanging over her all the time. They're grown-ups. They are both over 50 years old, but younger than me and thus the young generation. But they are not that young compared to adults who are much younger than they are, a laugh goes.

- But I always want to talk about things with them and hear how they look at it. And they also sometimes ask me how I look at it all. Let's talk about it.

I don't think the Schackenborg remark by Joachim was cute...I think he was making a direct point to Frederik.  Either she is smoothing out the actual truth, blurring/forgetting facts or was completely oblivious to the actual mind set of her sons tbh.  

• mls pinned this topic
  • mls unpinned this topic