CPM 50th birthday - Opening of special exhibition "HRH Crown Princess Mary 1972 – 2022"

mls

3. februar 2022

H.K.H. Kronprinsessen forestår åbning af særudstillingen ”H.K.H. Kronprinsesse Mary 1972 – 2022” i anledning af Kronprinsessens 50-års fødselsdag.

H.K.H. Kronprinsen deltager.

Det Nationalhistoriske Museum på Frederiksborg Slot, Hillerød, kl. 14.00.

3. February 2022, 2:00 pm

HRH The Crown Princess opens the special exhibition "HRH Crown Princess Mary 1972 – 2022" on the occasion of the Crown Princess' 50th birthday.

HRH The Crown Prince, Princess Isabella, Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine attend.

Museum of National History, Frederiksborg Castle, Hillerød

https://www.kongehuset.dk/en/hrh-the-crown-princess-50th-birthday#program

HRH Crown Princess Mary 1972 – 2022’,  tells about The Crown Princess’s personal history and importance for the Royal House of Denmark and the Realm through photos, portraits, clothing and personal items. In connection with the opening of the exhibition, a new portrait of Her Royal Highness will be unveiled.

Edited by mls

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

https://www.kongehuset.dk/en/news/opening-of-the-special-exhibition-“hrh-crown-princess-mary-1972-–-2022”

https://dnm.dk/en/event/h-r-h-crown-princess-mary-1972-2022/

A special exhibition on the occasion of The Crown Princess’s 50th birthday.

The Museum of National History at Frederiksborg Castle is presenting a special exhibition that tells the personal story of H.R.H. Crown Princess Mary on the occasion of her 50th birthday. The exhibition will also reveal how the role of Crown Princess was created over time in an interaction between historical frameworks and traditions, as well as current reality. The exhibition features princesses who have come to Denmark from abroad and Danish princesses who have become crown princesses abroad. What the Crown Princesses in the exhibition have in common is that they played a role in shaping their own eras, both socially and culturally.

H.R.H. Crown Princess Mary’s personal history and importance to the Danish Royal Family and the Danish Commonwealth are illustrated through pictures, portraits and personal objects, as well as a selection of outfits worn by the Crown Princess for various duties, journeys and celebrations. The exhibition provides an insight into H.R.H. Crown Princess Mary’s commitment to her own patronages and her extensive work on the Danish and international stage.

Edited by mls

I like the portrait.  It is classic and understated.  It shows her at home in Denmark while still evoking a hint of Australia with the silhouette of the eucalyptus tree.  I am glad it shows her in a normal dress and not covered in orders, medals and sashes.  

Just now, mls said:

Looking at that portrait, you get a feeling of elegance, calmness and serenity.

I completely agree with you.  I will add regal and timeless as well.  I love how it evokes past, present and future in such a simple but very effective way.  The colors are beautiful and her image evokes such peace, if that makes sense.