The CPC attends Princess Ingrid Alexandra's 18th birthday gala

mls

17. juni 2022

Kronprinsparret deltager i fejring af H.K.H. Prinsesse Ingrid Alexandra af Norges myndighedsdag.

Det Kongelige Slot, Oslo, Norge, kl. 20.00.

17. June 2022, 8:00 pm

The Crown Prince Couple attends the celebration of H.R.H Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway's 18th birthday gala.

The Royal Palace, Oslo

I had wondered if Mary was going to wear this dress.  I had it down to this one or the gold cap-sleeved dress.  Is she wearing the midnight tiara?  Both dress and tiara have not been seen in a long time! Estelle and Oscar look beyond adorable!  

6 minutes ago, smt1 said:

How disappointing that Christian didn't attend.  My God, Estelle, Oscar, and a toddler attended!

It is disappointing given that so many young heirs were there.  However, it could be as simple as a conflict with his schedule that just could not be worked around.  It could also be a decision by Mary and Frederik about at what age their kids will attend a gala event.  Another thought is that they want his first gala event to be one of the reschedule jubilee gala event in September.  

Strange that Frederik is sitting so far down the table when he is one of her godparents.  Daniel had a better seat.  lol. Frederik is sitting between Martha-Louise and MM's mother.  Mary you can see right across from Mette-Marit. 

Great gifs!  I love how Frederik doesn't do the little turn during the dance.  Mary seems into it and Frederik is just like I'm clapping...that's good enough!  lol.  

Also, per the Norwegian Royal Family website, Mary and Frederik have gifted Ingrid Alexandra the Order of the Elephant for her 18th birthday.  It is her first (and only so far) foreign order.  

Question: Isn't that always awarded by/presented by the monarch?  Or can Mary and Frederik present the order to Ingrid Alexandra on behalf of the monarch?  

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.