QM Golden Jubilee - Armed Forces official gift

29. august 2022

H.M. Dronningen modtager Forsvarets officielle gave i anledning af 50-års regeringsjubilæet.

Kongeskibet Dannebrog, Storebælt og Flådestation Korsør, kl. 9.00.

29. August 2022, 9:00 am

HM The Queen receives the Armed Forces' official gift on the occasion of the golden jubilee.

Royal Yacht Dannebrog, Storebælt and Naval Station Korsør.

Screenshot_20220829-003646_Instagram.jpg

• mls changed the title to QM Golden Jubilee - Armed Forces official gift

What a great surprise for Her Majesty The Queen.  It's great to see the brother together again at an official event.  I wonder if this means Prince Joachim and his family will return to Denmark from Paris and take on full time public duites?

6 minutes ago, mls said:

I doubt it. IIRC, Joachim was appointed for a two (or was it three?) year period in Paris.

Was it 3 years beginning in 1999?  Cannot recall the date they moved full time to Paris.  But with Marie and her job at the Embassy, the kids seemed settled in school.  They actually do appear happy in Paris.  We may see them in DK more often maybe going forward and participating in some more engagements...which is interesting if so. 

Just now, mls said:

You mean 2019? The fist year he attended that military academy and then was appointed to his current position for 2 or 3 years. I think.

Oops...yeah...2019...not enough coffee yet this morning!! oh okay....I was not sure when his post exactly began.  

8 minutes ago, Izzieq said:

Oops...yeah...2019...not enough coffee yet this morning!! oh okay....I was not sure when his post exactly began.  

I had to check: 3 year appointment two years ago (one year left) and with an option for more after that.