UNGA 77 New York

mls

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20.-22. september 2022

H.K.H. Kronprinsen og H.K.H. Kronprinsessen besøger New York henholdsvis den 19.-22. og den 21.-22. september for at deltage i møder og arrangementer i forbindelse med åbningen af FN’s Generalforsamling.

20.-22. September 2022

H.R.H. The Crown Prince and H.R.H. The Crown Princess will visit New York on the 20th-22nd respectively. and on the 21st-22nd September to participate in meetings and events in connection with the opening of the 2022 UN General Assembly.

Representatives of the UN’s member states are gathered for the 77th time for the annual opening of the UN’s General Assembly in New York. In this connection, the Crown Prince Couple on 22 September 2022 will take part in the international launch of Denmark’s candidacy for a seat on the UN Security Council in 2025-2026. During the stay in New York, the Crown Prince Couple will also participate in a number of arrangements and meetings with special focus on themes within the UN’s 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the associated 17 global goals.

Thursday, 22 September 2022

09:30 am
Meeting with the UN ambassador

The Crown Prince Couple receive a briefing from Denmark’s UN ambassador, Martin Bille Hermann, about Denmark’s candidacy for a seat on the UN Security Council in 2025-26.

10:20 am
Visits with Denmark’s permanent representation at the UN and the Consulate General of Denmark in New York

The Crown Prince Couple visit the UN mission and the Consulate General of Denmark in New York and greet the staff members.

11:15 am
Meeting with UNEP’s executive director

The Crown Prince Couple hold a meeting with Inger Andersen, the executive director of the UN’s environment program UNEP, about UNEP’s global work within the environmental and biodiversity agenda.

12:00 noon
Informal dialogue with gender equality experts

The Crown Princess takes part in an informal dialogue with gender equality experts from the USA, the EU and Denmark about the discussions in the UN dealing with the gender equality agenda.

1:00 pm - Added: Cancelled
Meeting with the UN’s Assistant Secretary-General of the Climate Action Team

The Crown Prince holds a meeting with Assistant Secretary-General and Special Adviser to the Secretary-General on climate matters Selwin Hart. 

1:00 pm
UNGA Call to Action side event

The Crown Princess delivers a speech at the arrangement “How do we best respond to the disproportionate impact of rising food insecurity on women and girls?”, which is organized by Denmark and Nigeria together with a number of partners. The arrangement is held in connection with Danish leadership of the initiative Call To Action, in which member states, the UN and organizations work together to fight against gender-based violence in humanitarian crises, including the current global food crisis. 

5:45 pm
Launch reception for the Danish candidacy for the UN Security Council

The Crown Prince Couple take part in the launch reception for the Danish candidacy for the UN Security Council in 2025-2026. The Crown Prince gives a speech in connection with the reception.

7:15 pm
Forum of Small States reception

The Crown Princess participates in a reception with representatives from the FOSS countries (Forum of Small States). The reception also marks the 30th jubilee of FOSS.  

9 minutes ago, Paulamary said:

I don't want to speculate but maybe the Queen is a bit more ill than they say. It's the first thing I thought about. They don't want the heir so far away??? Idk

Don't know. I read on one of the royal blogs...maybe it was BT or an article from EB that she had common symptoms.  But who knows.  It just looks weird especially after EB did an article about how he had not been tested etc and had been out and about NYC on Tuesday.  He was getting criticized. Now it will be speculated he left because he either tested positive and they don't want to say.  Who knows what the media will spin. 

At least Mary fills in.  Maybe they could have cancelled this yet another jubilee event.  But yeah wondering why it was Frederik that flew home and not Mary so he could attend the events today. Weird. 

1 hour ago, Izzieq said:

It just looks weird especially after EB did an article about how he had not been tested etc and had been out and about NYC on Tuesday.  He was getting criticized. Now it will be speculated he left because he either tested positive and they don't want to say.  Who knows what the media will spin. 

Well, it's EB....When have they not criticized? How do they know he hasn't been tested?...

The events Frederik has on Friday and Saturday have not been cancelled so far.

1 minute ago, mls said:

That's a shame. Well, it EB....When have they not criticized? How do they know he hasn't been tested?...

Who knows.  

Sad that Frederik had to cancel.  He also had to cancel an important meeting with the UN Assistant Secretary General.  Ugh.  I am still wondering why Frederik was the one that went home.  Why not have Mary go home to attend to this umpteenth jubilee thing and Frederik stay.  Weird. 

10 minutes ago, mls said:

My "how do they know he hasn't been tested?" was a more rhetorical question. I guess he is the one going home because he is the next in line.

Oh okay.  EB was speculating he had not been tested. Maybe Google translate got it a bit wonky.  I believe he would have been tested in NYC because of the COVID rules there as to when a close contact tests positive.  So he would have to adhere to the NYC guidelines.  I am also not sure what the travel protocol is currently when leaving NYC.  

Just annoyed he had to leave before the events today because today is the whole purpose of this trip.  

• mls changed the title to UNGA 77 New York
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.