New Year's levee and banquet, Amalienborg

mls

1. januar 2022

H.M. Dronningen afholder nytårskur og -taffel for regeringen, Folketingets formand, repræsentanter for det officielle Danmark og Hoffet.

Christian VII's Palæ, Amalienborg, kl. 20.00.

1. January 2023, 8:00 pm

New Year’s levee and banquet for the government and specially-invited guests, Christian VII’s Palace, Amalienborg.

https://www.kongehuset.dk/nyheder/nytaarstaffel-og--kure-2023

3 minutes ago, Julie de Mtl said:

I wondering to know why Mary  always wears the same tiara for the New Year? Is it a protocol reason or only by choice

I guess it's because it's the grandest tiara she's got, to the grandest event of the year? She doesn't have that many tiaras. QM isn't into lending her stuff, is she...

23 hours ago, mls said:

I guess it's because it's the grandest tiara she's got, to the grandest event of the year? She doesn't have that many tiaras. QM isn't into lending her stuff, is she...

Probably doesn't want comparisons. 

1 minute ago, mls said:

Haven't we seen something like that before? Can't be sure, I am not very good at the jewellery stuff.

We've seen one that is similar to this one I believe...but this stone is square.  The other one is round.  I do like seeing she's wearing her "F" initial necklace.  She was wearing it at the events today too. 

I am also wondering why after almost 19 years of exemplar service to Denmark, the DRF and monarchy at home and abroad, Mary has no additional Danish orders.  As you can see for here, there are quite a few that can be given at the monarch's discretion. Orders, decorations, and medals of Denmark - Wikipedia

You'd think at least for Mary's 50th she would have been awarded something. 

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.