General news - Queen Margrethe & Prince Henrik

BT article about QMII's knee operation.

http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=444996:fid=100021708/

Dronningen fik nyt knæ

TV2 dk

Dronningens operation veloverstået

01-06-06: 11:46 | af: doli

http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/kongelig/article.php/4220425.html

According to TV2 dk, Queen Margrethe knee replacement operation went well and she will probably discharged in a week's time and will recuperate in Fredensborg Palace. I think there was a press media conference headed by Hofmarskal Ove Ullerup at 2.30pm regarding the operation.

Hofmarskal Ove Ullerup commented that in view of the operation some of the duties of the queen will be cancelled for the next 1-2 months. Some will be taken over by Prince Henrik and CP Frederik.

Danish members please correct me if I am wrong in the translation. Thanks.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then (On Saturday) Crown Prince Frederik arrived together with Crown Princess Mary and little Prince Christian. The visit lasted a little over an hour, after which all three discreetly left the hospital through a back exit. After the visit the Crown Princely couple drove to the Cavalier building at Marselisborg Palace where there was time to change the little prince and give him a little supper before the family continued on their Whitsun tour.

What is the "Whitsun tour"?

Then (On Saturday) Crown Prince Frederik arrived together with Crown Princess Mary and little Prince Christian. The visit lasted a little over an hour, after which all three discreetly left the hospital through a back exit. After the visit the Crown Princely couple drove to the Cavalier building at Marselisborg Palace where there was time to change the little prince and give him a little supper before the family continued on their Whitsun tour.

What is the "Whitsun tour"?

I'm pretty sure it means quick, hasty etc

Hi guys

Ekua Boahemaa Thanks very much for your words of appreciation. It helps to keep us going when people respond warmly :@:

and for dmr and Ryan:

Whitsun tour refers to the weekend this took place. I looked it up.

Whitsunday is the seventh Sunday after Easter - White Sunday, or Pentecost on the liturgical calendar.

The visit took place on the Saturday of Whitsuntide weekend, and tour because it is a long drive (2 - 3 hours?) from their home to Århus.

That is a new word for me too. Thanks gudinde for the scan and translation. ^thumbsup^

I bet QMII had a lovely time with his grandson Christian. That cute and adorable chubby face of the little prince would not fail to bring out any smiles from anybody. I hope we can find more pictures of the visit.

2-3 hours drive is rather long for a baby. Very wise of them to stop at Marselisborg Palace to refresh themselves and change little Christian, feeding him as well before the journey home. I admire this couple, they could easily have a driver to drive them but you can see Mary was on the wheels and maybe Fred as well taking turns.

Hi guys

Ekua Boahemaa Thanks very much for your words of appreciation. It helps to keep us going when people respond warmly :@:

and for dmr and Ryan:

Whitsun tour refers to the weekend this took place. I looked it up.

Whitsunday is the seventh Sunday after Easter - White Sunday, or Pentecost on the liturgical calendar.

The visit took place on the Saturday of Whitsuntide weekend, and tour because it is a long drive (2 - 3 hours?) from their home to Århus.

Thankyou gudinde :wub:

I didn't realize the Queen's operation was done in Arhus. Is there a reason it was done there and not in Copenhagen? I guess because it's closer to where QMII is spending the summer?

It's nice that Crown Prince Frederik and his family made the trip to visit his mother. I bet Queen Margrethe appreciated the company.

BTW, I'll add my thanks for the posting and translation, gudinde. I always especially appreciate translations posted to the board with the original articles, since I use them to try and cobble together a working knowledge of Danish.

I didn't realize the Queen's operation was done in Arhus. Is there a reason it was done there and not in Copenhagen? I guess because it's closer to where QMII is spending the summer?

camelot23ca the Queen had the surgery at the orthopaedic department of Århus Hospital because it is a centre of excellence (if I can put it that way - we use that term here in Oz) for this type of surgery. It is described in the article in Billed Bladet week 23 kindly posted by gudinde - but in Danish, so obviously hard to understand. The doctors described a new anaesthetic procedure and rapid mobilisation immediately after the operation, which took just an hour. The Queen returned to Fredensborg from Århus where a pysiotherapist is working on her rehabilitation with her every day. She is said to be doing extremely well in her recovery and Ove Ullerup (Lord Chamberlain) has released a statement that the Queen will resume some duties earlier that expected later in the summer. :)

• 6 months later...

Thanks cph :)

And the caption to the picture:

Fantastisk som heks – Fantastic as a witch.

Queen Margrethe did not wear her most imaginative costume on a New Years Eve, but a January-party in 2000, at the friends Tina and Peter Tholstrup. 110 people were invited to a masquerade and the Queen arrived dressed as the witch in “Sylfiden”. (*) Many guests had covered their face by a mask, but not the Queen, who on the other hand was so imaginatively dressed up, that no one recognised her. With a crouching back (krumbøjet), with a stick and wearing woollen socks that sacked, and an old scarf around her hair, Margrethe was by far the best dressed up at the party.

(*) Don’t know what that play is called in English.

Info from SE OG HØR's website:

http://www.seoghor.dk/default.aspx?Action=...&GroupID=51

The Queen and Prince Henrik spent the New Year's Eve at Bent Fabricius-Bjerre's party. 'Dresscode' was the famous Danish TV-serie Matador.

REGENTPARRET: MATADOR-MIX

pic: http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q52/lindike/D_8807.jpg

...Dronningen var til nytårsfest hos Bent Fabricius-Bjerre, hvor hun og Prins Henrik klædte om til Korsbæks Misse og gamle fru Fernando Møge. Temaet i år var den elskede TV-serie...

..The Queen was at a New Years party at the composer Bent Fabrcius-Bjerre's, where she and Prince Henrk were masquerading as Korsbæk's Misse and Mrs Fernando Moeghe. The theme this year was the beloved TV series...

Af Bo Møller Andersen

Excerpt from Billedbladet #1, 2007

Here comes Misse and Mrs. Møhge

(...) The Royal Couple were not completely dressed for the Matador-New Year’s party when they got out of the Crown-car. That was taken care of when they were inside with the hosting couple and the friends who had already arrived. With one, two, three quick tricks, a scarf and a few props, both Margrethe and Henrik were transformed into no less than Misse and her mother, Mrs. Fernando Møhge. The Queen was Misse while the Prince did a convincing performance as the strict and very hard of hearing Mrs. Fernando Møhge. Of course it was to great amusement for the rest of the guests. Especially Marianne Tholstrup, who was also dressed as Fernando Møhge, laughed very hard. To her offense, it should be said that she looked more like the real Møghe than Prince Henrik. But Prince Henrik was perhaps more fun to watch, which he enjoyed himself (..)

(..)For once, the cook Laura a.k.a. Susanne Heering and the maid Agnes Jensen a.k.a. Bente Scavenius did not have to serve. (..)

A few hours past midning, the company split up after yet another festive New Year’s Eve in the company of each other.

I was unsure, as Henrik was playing a female, I didn't know if Bente is really female :)

So Misse is not married, but also not young anymore? A spinster?

Excerpt from Billedbladet #1, 2007

Royal food for the interval

Queen Margrethe has seen the ballet “Napoli” a lot of times and she knows that it is a long show. Therefore, she looked after that a chauffeur delivered food and drink before she, a few days before Christmas, went to the Royal Theatre with her sister, Princess Benedikte, to see the colorful and world-famous ballet. In good time before the show, the chauffeur Torben came by car from Fredensborg with soup and cold meat, coffee and sweet biscuits. (...)

Excerpt from Se & Hør #1, 2007

Margrethe Møhge

(…)

At this year’s private New Year party, Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik were dressed as Mrs. Fernando Møhge and her spinster of a daughter, Misse, from “Matador”. But the order of rank was different, and therefore it was the Prince Consort, who was sitting in the wheelchair, bossing around with his downtrodden “daughter”, the Queen.

(...)

It was the rich composer’s house that was the scene of this pretty sight, when the country’s sovereign arrived with a nervous dodder, along with her husband who was wearing a dress, shawl and ear trumpet, and the 12 guests were cheering at the sight.

(…)

The Queen and Prince Henrik arrived in Crown car 141 ten minutes to eight. That called forth a bit of panic for the art historian Bente Scavenius, who arrived with her husband, the actor Joen Bille, five minutes later. – Oh, we are late, Bente cried out at the sight of Margrethe, who was standing in Fabricius-Bjerre’s door. Joen Bille was the only on of the guests, who had actually starred in “Matador”.

(…)

Inside, the menu consisted of a real Korsbæk-dinner: patty shells, codfish, slightly salted brisket with carrots and Hamburg parsley and finally pancakes. At 2:30 in the morning, the guests went home in good spirit.

• 1 month later...
  • mls locked this topic

Archived