Queen Margrethe & Prince Henrik - part 7

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Mitchell for the clips. I knew we could count on you. :rose:

And a big bunch of :fan: to Aus73, for her tireless work in digging up news for us.

Yes, Queen Margrethe is indeed an extraordinary storyteller.

She came up with the idea of telling this fairy tale in a new way. Using handmade settings in the shape of her decoupager, I believe it's called. And adding them as backgrounds to a movie where the actors are acting on a green set.

A colour of green described by the Queen as: "So horrendous it will slant your teeth". I love her vivid expressions. :D

She clearly found the process very interesting as this is the first time she is working on a movie. Even though she described herself as a "howling amateur" she quickly fitted in with the rest of the crew.

There were apparantly a couple of episodes where she heard that "the queen is needed on the set" and reacted, only to realise, oh, it wasn't THAT queen who was needed.

Ghita Nørby, who is a diva in her own rights, co-directed the film and told how Queen Margrethe showed up at 07.00 each morning and stayed until 18.00 like the rest of the crew. - Sometimes she took half an hour off, because "she had to pop off and rule the country".

Thanks for your translation Muhler - without it I wouldn't have a clue what Queen Margrethe was talking about! :crown1:

I must say though, she is a very expressive lady and it was fun watching the videos, so kindly posted by Mitchell. How lucky is Denmark to have such a very talented and interesting Head of State. I think she's an incredibly interesting lady. :rose::fan::D

Thanks for your translation Muhler - without it I wouldn't have a clue what Queen Margrethe was talking about! :crown1:

I must say though, she is a very expressive lady and it was fun watching the videos, so kindly posted by Mitchell. How lucky is Denmark to have such a very talented and interesting Head of State. I think she's an incredibly interesting lady. :rose::fan::D

I agree. I also think HM shows the power of the arts in expanding the boundaries of imagination. The world would be a much better place if we had more artists in positions of power!

Does anyone else have photos of Henrik doing sports?

Henrik sailing

Here is a picture of HRH swimming-he is also an accomplished equestrian but I was unable to find a photo of him on horseback-although there is one in the book 'Prince Henrik's private photo album' if anyone else has the book and a scanner!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lot...236_POLFOTO.jpg

Courtesy of BT.dk & Google Translate.

http://www.bt.dk/article/20090325/royalt/90325088/

"Dronningen udstiller religiøs kunst -The Queen opened the religious art exhibition'"Naturen og Tanken," -25th March 2009."

http://translate.google.se/translate?prev=...history_state0=

Courtesy of BT.dk & Google Translate.

http://www.bt.dk/article/20090325/royalt/90325088/

"Dronningen udstiller religiøs kunst -The Queen opened the religious art exhibition'"Naturen og Tanken," -25th March 2009."

http://translate.google.se/translate?prev=...history_state0=

Thanks aus73 ! :rose:

Video clips from TV2/MIDT-VEST

Royal kunstner besøgte Lemvig

video clip (1:56)

Interview med dronningen

video clip (0:40)

Interview med museumsleder

video clip(1:47)

TV2/NORD

Prinsens franske søster på Voergaard 23-03-2009

Voergaard Slot havde fint besøg i weekenden. Prins Henriks søster kom forbi til frokost for at fortælle om sit støttearbejde i Afrika og for at opleve et lille stykke Frankrig i Vendsyssel

video clip (2:04)

Although I speak French, my Danish is not good enough to understand why HRH Prince Consort's sister was at this particular castle-would a Danish board member please explain? merci beaucoup! :bow2:

Queen Margrethe and most likely Crown Prince Frederik too will attend a dinner in the State Council (*) this Tuesday. That must be the 31st March.

That is very unusual. The last time that happened was when Mary and Frederik's engagement was announced.

According to the secretary to the Queen, such a dinner takes place roughly every four years and there need not be any particular reason for it. Yeah right!

The current PM, Anders Fogh, is now about 98% certain to become the next Secretary General for NATO. The speculations are that this is the day when the government members are formally informed that Anders Fogh will step down as Prime Minister to be replaced by Lars Løkke Rasmussen. So far only the absolute top ministers have been informed about what is going on.

And at the same time Queen Margrethe will be informed that her Prime Minister will resign and move on. That will be celebrated with a dinner.

With a political mastodont like Anders Fogh out of the picture, the Danish domestic political landscape will be much more interesting. The next PM, Lars Løkke, will still have to prove himself to the voters. He is a very competent politician indeed but he lacks public appeal and his personal integrity is slightly tainted.

On the other hand the opposition have problems figuring out what leg to stand on and the next election is three years away.

(*) The State Council meet once or twice a month. The Queen/Regent and if possible the Crown Prince meet the government, who informs her Majesty about the current political situation. The stance of the government on various issues and what the government intends to do.

The Queen can ask questions and comment on issues. Usually only the top senior ministers say anything. The rest relax. It's openly considered a break in the work day.

Prince Henrik attented a meeting at Eigtveds Pakhus in Copenhagen

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektyp...09%20Copenhagen

The top story here in DK for the past days, and the coverage is bordering on being comical, is whether our current PM, Anders Fogh will be the next Secretary General of NATO and thus leave Danish politics.

Due to intense opposition from Turkey that may not happen or at least it may not happen for a while. The political implications of that are interesting in their own right. Those who read German papers will know what I mean.

Of interest to this board is that Anders Fogh cannot return to Danish politics now. That would not be credible for him or the government to do. So at some point perhaps sooner than later and no matter whether he does become General Secretary or not he will resign.

He will go to the Queen and explain that he and thus the government resigns. He will then recommend that his "crown prince", Lars Løkke Rasmussen, should be appointed as the one to find a new government. The Queen will accept that, because the current government, although formally resigned, has a majority in the Parliament.

After a day or two Lars Løkke will go to Queen Margrethe and inform her that he has a new government with himself as Prime Minister and that he has secured a majority in favour of that government.

The Queen will approve and the new government will be introduced to the press at Amalienborg square.

I write this in order to explain what is suddenly going on in case I or someone else is not around to elaborate.

My guess is that the government will resign early next week or after the Queen's birthday.

- There is no way in this world the current PM or the next, Lars Løkke, will call a general election. That would be an act of insanity. The opposition can say whatever they want, it's not going to happen. The next general election is not due for another 2½-3 years and Lars Løkke would be a fool if he threw away an opportunity to prove himself to the voters and thereby securing his own position before that.

The only ones who decide whether there should be an election before time is the government support party, Danish Peoples Party. And they have endorsed Lars Løkke and publicly said goodbye to Anders Fogh. If Lars Løkke can't work with the Danish Peoples Party, he can either resign (fat chance of that happening!) or call a general election.

Breaking news:

TV2 says that sources within the Danish government has confirmed that the PM, Anders Fogh, will become the next General Secretary for NATO.

That means he and the government will resign and go to the Queen.

I don't think she will leave for Marselisborg tomorrow anyway. She will have to remain at Amalienborg for the next few days.

More later.....

Yes, confirmed by his speech in NATO.

Interesting domestic political times ahead here in DK.

Courtesy of Berlingske Tidende.dk, JP.dk & Google Translate.

http://www.berlingske.dk/article/20090403/danmark/90403154/

"Skal Fogh til Dronningen, skal det være lørdag."

http://translate.google.com/translate?prev...history_state0=

Information on the new PM's wife-Mrs.(Fru.) Sólrun Jákupsdóttir Løkke Rasmussen("born- Faroe Islands").

http://jp.dk/indland/indland_politik/article1654781.ece

"Førstedame. Hedder det det i Danmark?"

http://translate.google.com/translate?prev...history_state0=

Thank you Aus73.

Yes, the first lady is called "førstedamen or statsministerfruen".

This forenoon the PM, Anders Fogh will go to Queen Margrethe at Amalienborg and ask formally for his resignation which will be granted. (If we are to be strict it's the Queen who appoints and dismiss ministers). He will then be acting Prime Minister and all the government minister will be acting ministers.

The Queen will congratulate him on his new job and thank him for his service.

Anders Fogh will then recommend the Queen that she call Lars Løkke as the one who can form a new government. Then he will go.

After an appropriate time Lars Løkke will arrive at Amalienborg. Go to the Queen and inform her that he has a majority for a new government with himself as prime minister. The Queen will aknowledge and appoint him prime minister.

Lars Løkke will then go to Statsministeriet (the PM's office) where the appropriate papers will be signed and from that moment Lars Løkke is the new Prime Minister in Denmark. And two or three other ministers will change seats too.

The procedure has been shortened in order to make the transition as smooth as possible. That is possible because there has been no general election, and the government is not in minority. It's the first time a sitting Prime Minister is resigning because he has a new job, so this is no political crisis. Merely a formality.

ADDED: Frederik will be present.

See you in a few days.

Archived