• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Hofreporter" Trine Vileman: "Hofreporter: Uanstændig nytårstale, Margrethe!"

http://www.bt.dk/roy...stale-margrethe

Is this the first time she has "attacked" QM?

Nice to see I'm not a minstrel anymore...

No, not the first time I think - Vilemann's position has shifted to be anti-monarchy I think, although she denies it. I think she says she supports it but wants them to be better or somesuch. I don't think she is a republican as such, just maintains her position so she can make money and have notoriety for being critical.

As for not being a minstrel - minstrels were lovely medieval bards weren't they - a good thing surely? :rolleyes:

One of her best speeches. She was addressing the fact that the social differences are increasing. Those with most ressources and highest income got tax reductions and now the economically weakest must pay as the government are planning to take away fundamental welfare help from the unemplyed,the elderly and all those who lost their jobs this year - who cant get a job now anyway! I am convinced she is not a fan of the politics led by the current government :doh1:

Just my opinion

Thank god 2011 is election year :smilie_flagge14:

One of her best speeches. She was addressing the fact that the social differences are increasing. Those with most ressources and highest income got tax reductions and now the economically weakest must pay as the government are planning to take away fundamental welfare help from the unemplyed,the elderly and all those who lost their jobs this year - who cant get a job now anyway! I am convinced she is not a fan of the politics led by the current government :doh1:

Just my opinion

:SmilieHappy::rolleyes:

The posters on B.T. expressed every position from Right to Left and a few things in between. Someone said what you have too kay :rose:

I thought the Queen's remarks skated near being political but she was really talking about civil society, which is more than just the political sphere (although it is included in what is civil society). Strictly speaking it was similar to the theme of last year's but the GFC has now been going on for three years (it started in 2007 but wasn't widely talked about in the general media until 20 months ago), so it may well be a theme for some years to come. Trine Villemann is showing her ignorance on that point. Such a widespread crisis will have cyclical effects for at least 10 more years according to many economic commentators. The only thing I would say about the Queen's viewpoint is she has a "once lost, it's lost forever" attitude. I think what really happens in society is we make news pathways to solve problems in different ways to previous generations, and historically every generation does that. I think QM has a romantic view of Danish history together with a critical analysis of what gets in the way of that view.

Sorry, hard to explain without a bit more of a rave ;)

Just my opinion

:SmilieHappy::rolleyes:

The posters on B.T. expressed every position from Right to Left and a few things in between. Someone said what you have too kay :rose:

I thought the Queen's remarks skated near being political but she was really talking about civil society, which is more than just the political sphere (although it is included in what is civil society). Strictly speaking it was similar to the theme of last year's but the GFC has now been going on for three years (it started in 2007 but wasn't widely talked about in the general media until 20 months ago), so it may well be a theme for some years to come. Trine Villemann is showing her ignorance on that point. Such a widespread crisis will have cyclical effects for at least 10 more years according to many economic commentators. The only thing I would say about the Queen's viewpoint is she has a "once lost, it's lost forever" attitude. I think what really happens in society is we make news pathways to solve problems in different ways to previous generations, and historically every generation does that. I think QM has a romantic view of Danish history together with a critical analysis of what gets in the way of that view.

Sorry, hard to explain without a bit more of a rave ;)

I agree on many things you say :SmilieHappy:

I think you are right, that she is not too political, but closer than she has been for years IMO to being political. I also think she speaks more about her take on community, values and being openminded. A generel outlook on life. But the way she expressed it, made me think she has the political view - take on life that I expressed earlier, but without saying ot directly.

Yes - Trine Villemann seems ignorant in that case :rolleyes:

• 11 months later...

Thank you for this. What a lovely speech with a message that can be shared by all. May I also take this opportunity to thank board members for sharing the load and wish you all a very happy and healthy New Year! :thumbsup::guard2::hatoff::beer2:

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • mls locked this topic