CPF at opening of Mario Testino exhibition

mls

12. MAJ 2016

H.K.H. Kronprinsen deltager i åbning af udstilling af Mario Testino.

Kunstforeningen GL STRAND, Gl. Strand 48, København K, kl. 16.30.

12 May 2016, 4:30 pm

HRH The Crown Prince participates in opening of the exhibition by Mario Testino.

GL STRAND, Gl. Strand 48, Copenhagen K.

Crown Prince Frederik is patron for GL STRAND

About GL STRAND

http://en.glstrand.d...io-testino.aspx

3 previously unseen portraits of CP Mary and CP Frederik will be seen at the exhibition.

According to BB, the photos are taken 2013. There's one of CP Frederik, one of CP Mary and one

of them together.

http://www.dr.dk/nyheder/kultur/medier/video-se-stjernefotografs-nye-portraetter-af-kongehuset

A short clip of Testino commenting on the new portrait of Frederik (mostly) and article.

I wish they had let him comment on all three.

"Mario Testino, who alternates between the more classic royal portraits where there is emphasis on

the great room, the old furniture and the symbolic locations and the more immediate moments

between the royal couples."

"In particular, he emphasizes the portrait of Frederik and Mary, photographed in a moment when Mary

adjusts Frederiks *'herring salad'.

Their smiles feels genuine, and the image may not have the perfect composition, but the atmosphere is

just perfect.

- I am always looking for that special moment, where the portrayed reveal a bit of their personality. Something

they do not do so often."

*sildesalat is the Danish word used. It means the thingies hanging from Frederik's collar, which Mary is

adjusting in the portrait.

I have not come across that expression before. Thanks.

In english we would just call them his orders or medals I think.

I know 'sildesalat', 'sillsallad', the Swedish word. It is a herring sallad, a dish. But I also understand the expression

as it is used here, I just can't explain it in English.

It's something like, I don't know, a mix of lots of different things, in this case, different orders and medals....

Any Danes (or Swedes) to help with this?

Archived