Crown Princess Mary 50th Birthday - Schedule of Events - Week of January 31st

I hope this is okay to post.  I created a schedule of the events coming up the Week of January 31st for Mary's birthday.  

image.png.624124e61423184d4425bf37e9a47ae7.png

MONDAY 31 JANUARY

Exhibition opening at Koldinghus (11:00 a.m.)
Her Royal Highness is in charge on Monday 31 January at 11:00 the opening of the special exhibition
“Mary and the Crown Princesses at Koldinghus in Kolding. The exhibition paints a portrait of the Crown Princess and the Crown Princess's predecessors in the history of the Glücksborg family and highlights the task and opportunities of being Crown Princess. H.K.H. The Crown Prince and H.K.H. Princess Benedikte also participate. (About the Exhibition in English: https://www.kongernessamling.dk/en/koldinghus/mary-crown-princesses/

(Link to Museum Page: Experience the exhibition Mary &Crown Princesses at Koldinghus (kongernessamling.dk))

TV 2’s Program “Mary – Crown Princess with a Heart” (8:00 p.m)

Love brought Australian Mary Donaldson to Denmark.  Today she is crown princess, mother of four and a respected member of the Royal Family.  But the task of defining her role has required a great deal of commitment.  We portray Mary’s journey from young woman until she becomes a strong representative of Denmark.  (Per the Website Guide the following channels air the show: TV2, TV2 FYN, TV2 OSTJYLLAND, TVB, TV2OST)

(Link to Page: https://omtv2.tv2.dk/presse/programliste/mary-kronprinsesse-med-hjertet/)

WEDNESDAY 2 FEBRUARY

Visit to Copenhagen Zoo (10:00 a.m.)

On February 2 at 10:00 a.m., the Crown Princess will visit Copenhagen Zoo and make the first sod for "Mary's Australian Garden" - a new facility dedicated to the Australian animals. The Crown Princess is patron of the Copenhagen Zoo. (Press Release: https://www.zoo.dk/s/nyheder/kronprinsessen-fejrer-foedselsdag-i-zoo?language=da

(Link to Program Point: H.K.H. Crown Princess visits Copenhagen Zoo and makes first sod to "Mary's Australian Garden" (kongehuset.dk))

Opening of knowledge Center at the University of Copenhagen (3:00 p.m.)

On Wednesday 2 February at 15:00, the Crown Princess of Copenhagen's Søndre Campus will open a new knowledge centre called the 'Crown Princess Mary Center – solving problems through research and partnerships'.  The new centre aims to build an interdisciplinary knowledge environment that focuses on finding new solutions to current societal challenges with people at the centre. In addition to naming the centre, her Royal Highness will be attached to the Centre's Advisory Committee, which has an advisory role in relation to the centre's task solving. (Link to Press Release: Opening of new knowledge center in connection with HRH The Crown Princess’s 50th birthday (kongehuset.dk))

THURSDAY 3 FEBRUARY

Exhibition opening at Frederiksborg Castle (2:00 p.m.)
At the Museum of National History at Frederiksborg Castle, the Crown Princess will on Thursday 3 February at 14:00 be in charge of the opening of the special exhibition “H.K.H. Crown Princess Mary 1972 – 2022”which tells about the Crown Princess's personal history and importance to the Danish royal family and the Commonwealth through pictures, portraits, costumes and personal objects. In connection with the exhibition opening, a new portrait of Her Royal Highness will be unveiled. The Crown Prince also participates in the opening of the exhibition. (Link to Museum Page: HRH Crown Princess Mary 1972 - 2022 - Frederiksborg (dnm.dk))

SATURDAY 5 FEBRUARY

DR1’s Program “Mary 50 Years – You Can Only Be Yourself” (8 :00 p.m.)

In the new program, the Crown Princess and Johannes Langkilde explore DR’s archives and look back in time when Crown Princess Mary revisits some of the greatest moments.  Among other things, her wedding to Crown Prince Frederik, the arrival of the children and many issues close to her heart. (Link to BB Article: New programme: Crown Princess Mary shares private memories with Johannes Langkilde | PICTURE MAGAZINE (billedbladet.dk))

SUNDAY 6 FEBRUARY

TV 2's birthday show "Mary 50 – We Celebrate Denmark's Crown Princess" (8:00 p,m,) –(Prelude Show will air starting at 7:25 p.m.)

The Crown Prince family attends Tv 2's birthday show "Mary 50 – we celebrate Denmark's Crown Princess" on Sunday 6 February. The birthday show takes place at Vilhelm Lauritzen Terminal in Kastrup. (Link to Press Release:  Mary 50 years - we celebrate Denmark's Crown Princess (tv2.dk); Link to HerogNu article: https://herognu.dk/live-surpriceparty-paa-tv-for-mary/)

2 hours ago, Guest Jessica said:

Is there a way to watch Mary 50 - We Celebrate Denmark's Crown Princess here in the United States?

Hi Jessica.

Not sure, but I don't think it will be possible to watch it (TV2.dk) outside Denmark. I think Izzieq tried to pay for TV2 play to watch the documentary but they

didn't accept a non-Danish credit card? There will be people checking TV2 when the show starts on Sunday to see if we can watch it and post a link should it be possible.

9 minutes ago, mls said:

Hi Jessica.

Not sure, but I don't think it will be possible to watch it (TV2.dk) outside Denmark. I think Izzieq tried to pay for TV2 play to watch the documentary but they

didn't accept a non-Danish credit card? There will be people checking TV2 when the show starts on Sunday to see if we can watch it and post a link should it be possible.

Yes, I tried to sign up but they would not take my phone number or accept an American credit card.  I explained to customer service that there are many people outside Denmark that follow the DRF and they shoukd really think of making at least certain televised events and documentaries available at least online. I am hoping that someone may record at least some clips that will end up on youtube.  I believe the DR1 interview with Mary may be available outside Denmark. 

12 minutes ago, Izzieq said:

I believe the DR1 interview with Mary may be available outside Denmark. 

Will have to check if it is. I have watched some of the DR programmes but the last couple of times I have tried, no more.

I did watch the two-part documentary about Crown Prince Frederik back in 2018. Parts of it anyway.

• admin1 pinned this topic