Summer news 2022

mls

According to the official calendar, QM will be in residence at Marselisborg Palace from 22. June and a local paper reports, that

she will be at Gråsten Palace from 18. July.

Gråsten Palace gardens will be closed to the public from 22. June. Last day of school is 24. June. This could mean,

that the CP family (or some other members of the family) arrive at Gråsten after summer holidays start.

The big ring riders parade is Sunday the 17th July. Would be nice to see the CP family attending.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mls said:

According to the official calendar, QM will be in residence at Marselisborg Palace from 22. June and a local paper reports, that

she will be at Gråsten Palace from 18. July.

Gråsten Palace gardens will be closed to the public from 22. June. Last day of school is 24. June. This could mean,

that the CP family (or some other members of the family) arrive at Gråsten after summer holidays start.

The big ring riders parade is Sunday the 17th July. Would be nice to see the CP family attending.

I was just thinking the other day about when the parade was.  Hasn't the parade become in recent years the substitute for what used to be the summer photo call?  I had even  read some speculation that maybe it was even how the CPC would do things going forward.  

13 minutes ago, Izzieq said:

Hasn't the parade become in recent years the substitute for what used to be the summer photo call?  I had even  read some speculation that maybe it was even how the CPC would do things going forward.  

That's what it looks like but IIRC, the CPC haven't attended the parade every year. If they move to Gråsten when summer holidays start, they would have to stay there for 3 weeks to be able to attend.

I much prefer the photos from the parade. Never cared that much about the photo calls.

10 minutes ago, mls said:

That's what it looks like but IIRC, the CPC haven't attended the parade every year. If they move to Gråsten when summer holidays start, they would have to stay there for 3 weeks to be able to attend.

I much prefer the photos from the parade. Never cared that much about the photo calls.

I prefer the parade photos as well.  But some traditionalists literally had meltdowns when there was no photocall almost like they were breaking some sort of protocol.  I prefer the new tradition of it being photos from the parade.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/efter-dramatisk-aften-nu-rejser-kronprins-frederik-og-kronprinsesse-mary

"After the cancellation, Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik stayed on the Royal Yacht, which is moored in Sønderborg, but they left the yacht

shortly before 9:30 pm."

"Whether the trip goes towards the capital or other of the royal family's homes is not yet known."

Dannebrog has left Sønderborg.

frede_mary_fb_rieck.jpg?w=1678&fp-x=0.5&

So, are we now in the summer holiday drought?  Maybe a glimpse here and there.  But basically MIA until what...mid August?  

Pride week is I believe mid August.  Maybe Mary will take part in one of the events.  And maybe it is my total wishful thinking but I'm keeping fingers crossed for another offical visit announced for October.  

Yes we are, unless they attend the parade on the 17th. The summer holidays in Denmark is not that long, 6 weeks. Last days of holiday for the twins is a month from now.

I am guessing they will be back at school around the 8th August.

8 hours ago, mls said:

Yes we are, unless they attend the parade on the 17th. The summer holidays in Denmark is not that long, 6 weeks. Last days of holiday for the twins is a month from now.

I am guessing they will be back at school around the 8th August.

Oh wow...I wasn't aware the holidays were that short.  And when Christian and Isabella begin will depend on where they go to school in the fall

5 hours ago, Izzieq said:

Do we think we will see the CP Family at the ringriders parade on July 17th? 

I guess we wont know until next week. I had hoped it would have been added to the calendar yesterday, but nothing.

42 minutes ago, mls said:

I guess we wont know until next week. I had hoped it would have been added to the calendar yesterday, but nothing.

Yeah...I checked the calendar too.  It has been on the calendar on years past.  Maybe next week. QMII doesn't arrive until the 18th so she won't be there.  Have there been years when none of the DRF has attended?  

14 minutes ago, Paulamary said:

If translations is right, the family will receive the riders.

Yes they will. That's nice!  Thank you Paulamary.

And thank you for keeping an eye on facebook. I usually don't, because I am not on facebook and it can be a bit tricky.

This is not mentioned in the programme on their website, strangely enough.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.