CPM opens Odense Flower Festival

mls

11 minutes ago, mls said:

Seems to be a new rose which Mary is baptizing. Haven't seen a name so far.

I tried looking at the flower festival website and it just says she's naming a new rose but nothing about the name.  Not even the press release mentioned it.  Just that the flower has a special history or something like that. 

19 minutes ago, mls said:

Seems to be a new rose which Mary is baptizing. Haven't seen a name so far.

I haven't found the name either.  I thought BB would know, but nothing.

Nonetheless, the color of the rose is beautiful.  

I just read on an Instagram post from a fan account that it appears the new flower got a name that translates to "the most beautiful".  It seems it was talked about when Mary was interviewed at the event.   It may have been DR that she spoke to.  

"The rose was developed for Mayte Garcia, who was married to the singer Prince. The singer dedicated his world hit 'The Most Beautiful Girl in the World' to Mayte, and the rose, which is characterized by its large, lightly scented flowers, was thus named 'The Most Beautiful'."

Ok...?

16 minutes ago, mls said:

"The rose was developed for Mayte Garcia, who was married to the singer Prince. The singer dedicated his world hit 'The Most Beautiful Girl in the World' to Mayte, and the rose, which is characterized by its large, lightly scented flowers, was thus named 'The Most Beautiful'."

Ok...?

Oh.  Well, it is a beautiful rose, but an odd choice for a name.

A couple of videos from today: 

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/nu-fortaeller-mary-om-christian-og-isabellas-start-paa-nye-skoler-det-har-vaeret

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/kronprinsessen-maatte-overgive-sig-mary-fik-den-soedeste-overraskelse-paa-scenen

How sweet to commemorate 10 years of Mary being Patron:

Mary surprised by ballet girls

And then the Crown Princess got the sweetest surprise on stage.

It happened when talented ballet girls danced onto the stage one by one and presented 10 flowers as a symbol of Mary's patronage anniversary.

Mary just had to surrender when the last flowers were danced up on stage to her by the local ballet school's very youngest ballerinas.

The Crown Princess had to surrender: Mary got the sweetest surprise on stage | BILLED-BLADET (billedbladet.dk)

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/nu-fortaeller-mary-om-christian-og-isabellas-start-paa-nye-skoler-det-har-vaeret

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.