CPF attends Royal Life Guards 'Watch Parade'

mls

15. marts 2023

H.K.H. Kronprinsen deltager i Urparade ved Den Kongelige Livgarde samt overrækker "Dronningens Ur".

Livgardens Kaserne, Gothersgade 100, København, kl. 14.00.

15. March 2023, 2:00 pm

HRH The Crown Prince attends Royal Life Guards 'Watch Parade' and presents 'The Queen's Watch'.

Royal Life Guard Barracks, Gothersgade, Copenhagen.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/i-dag-sker-det-foerste-gang-kronprins-frederik-afloeser-dronningen-til

"it is the first time that the crown prince is in the lead role at the traditional event."

Actually, Crown Prince Frederik has done it before: March 2010. The Queen had influenza or something.

Don't know if it has happened before that.

1 minute ago, mls said:

I wonder if Ulrik Ulriksen and BB will ever remember that the "historic event" etc etc was 13 years ago...😉

I also wonder why BB is acting like Frederik is some young apprentice just learning the ropes and not a 54 year old that is more than ready and capable of handling the job of regent!  WTH BB?  

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/dronningens-situation-har-sendt-kronprinsen-i-kongelaere-foer-tid-frederik-til

Many see this time as a kind of royal teaching ahead of time for the crown prince, who is just today at a kind of exam when he is in the lead role as a replacement for his mother at a great traditional event.

I guess they also forgot that Frederik has acted as regent for years.  And has handled the job just fine (more than fine).  Don't infantilize him!  

5 minutes ago, Izzieq said:

I also wonder why BB is acting like Frederik is some young apprentice just learning the ropes and not a 54 year old that is more than ready and capable of handling the job of regent!  WTH BB?  

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/dronningens-situation-har-sendt-kronprinsen-i-kongelaere-foer-tid-frederik-til

Many see this time as a kind of royal teaching ahead of time for the crown prince, who is just today at a kind of exam when he is in the lead role as a replacement for his mother at a great traditional event.

I guess they also forgot that Frederik has acted as regent for years.  And has handled the job just fine (more than fine).  Don't infantilize him!  

I agree. I have read BB for a long time but started to loose interest years back: They have very little interest in the men, even the future King of Denmark, and I can't stand the infantilizing, just as you said. The many "Frederik is helping mother" 🤢.. makes it sound like he is a 6 year old boy, taking the trash out for his mother, among other similar stuff.

1 minute ago, mls said:

I agree. I have read BB for a long time but started to loose interest years back: They have very little interest in the men, even the future King of Denmark, and I can't stand the infantilizing, just as you said. The many "Frederik is helping mother" 🤢.. makes it sound like he is a 6 year old boy, taking the trash out for his mother.

Totally agree!  Stop that whole narrative!  Frederik has done the heavy lifting of regent for years!!  Just no one wants to admit it, it seems!  So this whole he's helping mummy is, like you said, making his sound like he's a child.  Frederik is doing his job...and doing a fantastic job at that..showing he is more than capable and ready!  It is like saying "he's such a good boy".  I hate it.  And he's not some apprentice either....he's way past that and has been for years!  

And Frederik looks wonderful today.  Every inch a King!  

Agree with both. Their way of writing is so...i don't know.. like if children are the main readers lol. They do this with Mary's events too, Overcome with joy for every event. And nevermind the countless Joachim is upset articles. Can't complain on the pictures though, Frederik in uniform should be a requirement every week ; )

1 minute ago, Paulamary said:

Agree with both. Their way of writing is so...i don't know.. like if children are the main readers lol. They do this with Mary's events too, Overcome with joy for every event. And nevermind the countless Joachim is upset articles. Can't complain on the pictures though, Frederik in uniform should be a requirement every week ; )

The writing is a bit OTT.  At least they cover he events somewhat.  And it is better than BT where everything is the biggest crisis in the history of all royal families everything!  Everything Everywhere All At Once!

They also do it with Mary in terms of when she steps in for something.  Helping out Mummy in Law...like Mary is some inept child...Mary is more than capable of being acting head of state and of taking on the duties of Queen Consort...she does already anyway.  It is like, stop downplaying Mary and Frederik!  At least that is what it sounds like recently.  It is like they are clutching their pearls hoping they don't cause the entire kingdom of Denmark to fall apart with them in charge!  I think the DRF, monarchy, and DK will/would be more than fine with M&F in charge.  BB can put away their pearl clutching and OTT metaphors. 

And yes, Frederik in a uniform is a treat!!  

5 minutes ago, Izzieq said:

At least that is what it sounds like recently

They have done it for a long time. I wish they would change their favourite word "viktigt" (important) ....to something new. It's everywhere...

I remember an article about Marie doing something, where the headline was actually changed a short while after it was put one line to include

the word "viktigt" 😉

1 minute ago, mls said:

They have done it for a long time. I wish they would change their favourite word "viktigt" (important) ....to something new. It's everywhere...

I remember an article about Marie doing something, where the headline was actually changed a short while after it was put one line to include

the word "viktigt" 😉

BB needs a thesaurus.  LOL.  I mean from a PR perspective I guess I can see what they are doing with the way they word these articles about Frederik.  Now, is it a directive or just them being OTT?  But the longer Frederik stays regent the narrative will have to change. I find a couple of other things interesting too, but that's for another thread.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.